Emmanuel Andrews

Wildcats5454

I found this comment under the tennessean, thought it was interesting."This is ridiculous. This young man did not know if any of those individuals rushing the court had a weapon or wanted to do him bodily harm. They were already taunting him. That means they were already out of control. As Americans dont we have a right to defend ourselves. Did he run into the stands? No. Did he taunt any fans? No. You cannot wait and ask someone are you trying to be my friend. If you wait that long you could end up hurt or dead. If someone is already disrespecting you, they dont want to be your friend. If this was my son I would sue Lawrence County (for lack of fan control), TSSAA (for not requiring adequate security at a sanctioned TSSAA event), Shelbyville HS (for suspending him). I was a HS athlete in Nashville and I guarantee you if I was rushed on the court and blocked from the locker room by fans that were insulting me and heckling me, I would protect myself. Hello, if they are stopping you from leaving, they are trying to harm you." Great point....

Okay man. We were not trying to hurt him and we did not start the altercation. Yeah we were yelling at him the whole game but that's what we do. We pick the other teams best player and try to get in their head, and try to get them off their game. Actually before the game when they were standing there, one of us said to EA and I quote, "hey man we talk crap to you and then you slam on us so it's all cool haha" and then EA laughed. We have a lot of respect for him.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this comment under the tennessean, thought it was interesting."This is ridiculous. This young man did not know if any of those individuals rushing the court had a weapon or wanted to do him bodily harm. They were already taunting him. That means they were already out of control. As Americans dont we have a right to defend ourselves. Did he run into the stands? No. Did he taunt any fans? No. You cannot wait and ask someone are you trying to be my friend. If you wait that long you could end up hurt or dead. If someone is already disrespecting you, they dont want to be your friend. If this was my son I would sue Lawrence County (for lack of fan control), TSSAA (for not requiring adequate security at a sanctioned TSSAA event), Shelbyville HS (for suspending him). I was a HS athlete in Nashville and I guarantee you if I was rushed on the court and blocked from the locker room by fans that were insulting me and heckling me, I would protect myself. Hello, if they are stopping you from leaving, they are trying to harm you." Great point....

Okay man. We were not trying to hurt him and we did not start the altercation. Yeah we were yelling at him the whole game but that's what we do. We pick the other teams best player and try to get in their head, and try to get them off their game. Actually before the game when they were standing there, one of us said to EA and I quote, "hey man we talk crap to you and then you slam on us so it's all cool haha" and then EA laughed. We have a lot of respect for him.

Exactly EA laughed... Thats what he does... He does not throw cheap shots and I am only trying to get answers of why he and the 2 other boys got such a harsh punishment for defending themselves??

Dude you do not have a clue ! they were not "Defending " themselves ! they were the agressors !

I knew that people on the boards were subject to a little embellishment but I did think the principle for S,ville would be mature and pro about the situation. Boy was I wrong ! After reading his letter to the TSSAA I lost all respect for the man. pitiful!

people like you running their mouths and fabricating the truth is the reason this happen in the first place.. you guys come on here and bash EA... and how do you get to read the letter in the first place???

And respect> after the way some of your students acted, and you want to talk about respect. don't look like there was any to loose..