Tennessean's Wrestling Coverage

nununu

Amazing how I looked at my paper this morning and found no coverage of any of the region tournaments on the midstate. If not for CoachT, we would not know any results from Regions 5, 6, &7. This is ridiculous. In Region 5 there are 20 teams, in Region 6 there are 23 or 24, in region 7 there are about 20. You are looking at over 60+ schools in there coverage area that got none. Bowling got a nice write-up, as well as swimming and diving. Yet one of the largest sports in respect to participation is never even mentioned, although I did see Maurice Patton at Independence on Friday night. We have got to get this rectified. The state tournament is in middle Tn next week, I am wondering what the coverage will be like. One thing I can say about Chattanooga is that the wrestling coverage is excellent. Guys lets email, send letters, let them know that this is not acceptable. Our kids deserve as much coverage as that 1-20 basketball team.

Until middle TN start respecting/supporting the sport (WRESTLING) as well our neighbors to the south and east of us it will remain the same. I would love to see equal coverage as other high-school sports get in local newspapers but, schools need to support the programs better. Every year we are looking that team/school to challenge DI/DII powers from other regions in the state. There needs to be more club programs to help kids get better before the start of wrestling at their respective schools. I commend Chattanooga, Cleveland, Science Hill and other areas that has figured it out, that the only way to get better and challenge for state titles is not complain about others but to wrestle more than just during the school season.

Not really on-topic but here is a list of the wrestling articles we have been able to find:

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/search. ... light+DESC

COACHT,

THANKS FOR SHARING. IT IS GOOD TO SEE THAT SOME NEWS PAPERS APPRECIATE US. ARE YOU GOING TO COME BY FOR ANY OF THE TOURNAMENT THIS WEEKEND. I WOULD LIKE TO MEET YOU SOMETIME.

THE ANIMAL