13 AAA District Tournament

beavo5

The game will show that Bolton is better than just good. Coach Abraham, Bolton's coach, gets little respect but year in and year out he takes less talent and contends. He does it the right way. He doesn't recruit. He takes what he has and puts together a dang good program. Ask Beech what happened this year. The Memphis area ain't no joke. Bolton is always one of the best or simply the best Shelby County team with the exception of G'town and Southwind.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game will show that Bolton is better than just good. Coach Abraham, Bolton's coach, gets little respect but year in and year out he takes less talent and contends. He does it the right way. He doesn't recruit. He takes what he has and puts together a dang good program. Ask Beech what happened this year. The Memphis area ain't no joke. Bolton is always one of the best or simply the best Shelby County team with the exception of G'town and Southwind.

Bolton is a very, very good team. They played a great game last night in Newbern. Just didn't shoot well enough down the stretch. Bolton comitted alot of fouls, that hurt them badly. It's a good thing Dyer Co. hit their foul shots or they could have easily lost this one. I'm a Dyer Co. fan, but I do believe DC got some home cookin going their way last night. This doesn't happen often at DC. Not taking away a great win for DC, just the way I saw it. Bolton was very patient and very good ball handlers. They played their game in the first half, but let Dyer Co. take it to them in the second half. The game was alot closer than the score indicated. " GO BIG ORANGE"

NO, man. We were up starting the 3rd by 2 and the fouls were 1 to 8 after 3 minutes into the 3rd. Those adults/ officials straight took the game away from the kids on both side. It was a shame. Everybody that was there and honest will tell you that.

Wow....Were their a bunch of touch fouls called or block/charge calls going in DC's favor???

Look, I would think that you might take what I'm saying with a grain of salt but even a Dyer Co fan admits that the game became one sided after it was in question for the home team. He calls it home cooking, I call it CHEATING. For what? One game? Our guys were being pushed in the back and no call. They went over our back and no call. Yet, stand next to them foul. Charges were not an issue. I'm calling coach tomorrow at school and telling him to send a tape to TSSAA. When they get to Memphis, it's over for them anyways. How can people be so little?

Look, I would think that you might take what I'm saying with a grain of salt but even a Dyer Co fan admits that the game became one sided after it was in question for the home team. He calls it home cooking, I call it CHEATING. For what? One game? Our guys were being pushed in the back and no call. They went over our back and no call. Yet, stand next to them foul. Charges were not an issue. I'm calling coach tomorrow at school and telling him to send a tape to TSSAA. When they get to Memphis, it's over for them anyways. How can people be so little?

You mean like people that make statements claiming a conspiracy theory after they lost a hard fought game? Besides if you knew the history between the T$$AA and Dyer County you would realize that they have been less than sympathetic to DC's program in the past. Point and case you got beat... move on!

Oh Wildones Im not from DC...I'm just a crazy basketball fan from Memphis that loves basketball...middle, especially high school and college. As a casual fan I know home fans generally don't admit "home cooking" with the refs, but just watching games all of the time I see it a lot during the tournaments...I'll be the first to admit being a ref and a coach is very hard, but when close calls sway the same way over and over it takes away from the players playing hard in the game...2 cents