8AA District Honors

luvhoops

Nothing wrong with being a little controversial, Gator. Anyone who follows this forum knows that you have the kids' best interest in mind. :D

Thanks Rabbit. :lol:

here is what I know for certain:

I would not take the Dyer kid, or the Roberts kid off the 1st team for any money in the world. (but my house payment is due soon, so check back) Those kids are special basketball players. Very deserving and I think anyone who knows basketball and wants to think honestly about the game, would have them on the 1st team.

That leaves the Biles kid. kBiles elevated her game from being a role player with Davis and Maynard, to being a "go-to" force that can change a game in an instant. She is someone that you have to pay attention to on both ends of the court. If you dont know where she is, and make sure you pay close attention to her, she is burning you. Game over. The kid is also tough as nails. She reminds me of an Allen Iverson type of streetballer. Id take that kid on my team anytime, any day. That is the kind of kid that, in my book, deserves a 1st team nod.

Shelby Taylor. I dont get to see her as much as these other three, obviously, but she kid is solid in every point of the game. Solid D, runs the offense...obviously very well....shoots the lights out when she needs to, tough tough kid who always brings her A game. I dont study game stats much, but with some kids you dont need to. Id have this kid on my 1st team. No Question.

If there was a gun to my head and I had to leave someone off, or take the bullet, it would have to be Rachel Brown from York. And that is no disrespect to Miss Brown. She is a great player. She is deserving of 1st team as much as anyone else. The only thing that would turn the table against her is that she has been absent from the box score, for whatever reason it has been. Injury? Im guessing there was an injury. And it sucks to lose a 1st team Honor because of that, but we have a 6' 8" kid in Smith Co that is missing a lot of honors this year because of injury also.

Once again, no offense to the Brown kid, or the York program. I think she is a great player. Probably a great kid, but that is how I would squeeze the Taylor kid in, and feel like I did the right thing.

yall fire away, I think Im headed to watch some basketball.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three from the third place team make first team? :roflolk: Shelby Taylor should have been first team.

Correct me if I am wrong but Upperman was not the 3rd place team nor was Livingston the 2nd place team or even Cannon 1st. They all tied for 1st. The coin flip only determined the places for the brackets so to say there was three players selected from the 3rd place team is incorrrect.

Three from the third place team make first team? :roflol: Shelby Taylor should have been first team.

Correct me if I am wrong but Upperman was not the 3rd place team nor was Livingston the 2nd place team or even Cannon 1st. They all tied for 1st. The coin flip only determined the places for the brackets so to say there was three players selected from the 3rd place team is incorrrect.

:lol::roflolk:

Mac was probably the most consistent and dominant IMO than the others game in and game out.

After her I would say Roberts was the 2nd. Big punch for small stature.

I am in agreement with gator about Biles, I love her game. I think shes next.

Then I think Shelby. Shelby is smallest on the floor every game, fights thru pressure traps, along with Mac draws the toughest defenders and still gets the job done.

Woodward from Dekalb next...she starts for any team in the district and lead her team to their first 2 district wins in how many years?

Next IMO is Sissom (she and Woodward could flip flop)...Cannon doesnt go as far with out this kid. She can knock it down from anywhere.

Then Dyer and or Brown.

Dyer is as smooth as they come for a big on the inside with a sweet touch. I just think she should be more dominant and take more advantage with her size.

Brown is tough to match up against and can really ball but too many absentees from the box scores deletes her from first team.

I am sure this was not an easy vote.. But thats how I would rank them.... :roflolk:

I find it very hard to believe that 8AA coaches think there's six better players in this district than Shelby Taylor.

I guess when you refer to six players better you had her on the mvp ballet too. The view's not always the same out ever window. just saying.

Definitely NOT saying Shelby should be mvp. Mc Sells, IMO, is head and shoulders above the rest of the district. It's not my intention to take anything away from any of the young ladies. All who made the team deserve recognition, but when have you ever seen a team that did NOT dominate place three players on the first team? I have no interest other than being a fan but I hate to see a young lady, who always gives 100% and who has had such an impact on the district, not be justly recognized.

Sells and Taylor are awesome as is Biles, Dyer and Roberts and I'm bias to LA and Upperman but they could still be a very good team if any of these were gone. I'm not sure with their record and the people they played if Sissom of Cannon wasn't more valueable to her team than anyone in the district. They all are very deserving and the best is in the eye of each beholder and all would be deserving of MVP.

If i had a vote, I would consider Sells, Roberts, Brown, and Sissom for MVP. I would give the notch to Sells because she has the most deadly jump shot in the district hands down. Roberts and Sissom are capable of taking over games from 3 every night. And when Brown decides to go to hoop you had best get out of the way because she is as tough and strong as they come. So that gets MVP and 3 of the 1st team players. Next i would go to Dyer, because she is the best post player is the district. Then i would have a tough time debating between Biles and Woodward, because both can take over a game when needed but would be tough to pick between the two for the last spot on 1st team.

If i had a vote, I would consider Sells, Roberts, Brown, and Sissom for MVP. I would give the notch to Sells because she has the most deadly jump shot in the district hands down. Roberts and Sissom are capable of taking over games from 3 every night. And when Brown decides to go to hoop you had best get out of the way because she is as tough and strong as they come. So that gets MVP and 3 of the 1st team players. Next i would go to Dyer, because she is the best post player is the district. Then i would have a tough time debating between Biles and Woodward, because both can take over a game when needed but would be tough to pick between the two for the last spot on 1st team.

Im glad you dont have a vote.....

Im glad you dont have a vote.....

:roflol:

:roflol::roflol: