8AA District Tourney

LA_Wildcats

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats LA on a win over a scrappy Cannon squad. Coach Melton is the man and hopefuly has a long career at the LA helm! But i am a little concerned about how he gets mad and just sits there when we make a few bad plays and doesnt call time-out. Thats when our boys need coaching the most! I have 100% confidence he is a great leader and we havent seen him at his best yet. He is young too and will evolve with our program. His leadership will be needed if we get in trouble here on through the Tourneys! GO HOG-EYE!!

Coach Melton is a great coach as has been the coaches before him at LA. He would be the first to say his feeder program is great and is responsible for a lot of the success LA is enjoying through these years. LA is blessed with several schools that contribute to their programs and coaches at both levels that take pride in their teams. Some schools only have one feeder school and that makes it tough.

Coach Melton is a great coach as has been the coaches before him at LA. He would be the first to say his feeder program is great and is responsible for a lot of the success LA is enjoying through these years. LA is blessed with several schools that contribute to their programs and coaches at both levels that take pride in their teams. Some schools only have one feeder school and that makes it tough.

:roflol: So, what does this post have to do with this thread? Hard to tell if that is a compliment to the middle schools or a bash on Coach Melton.

Congrats LA on a win over a scrappy Cannon squad. Coach Melton is the man and hopefuly has a long career at the LA helm! But i am a little concerned about how he gets mad and just sits there when we make a few bad plays and doesnt call time-out. Thats when our boys need coaching the most! I have 100% confidence he is a great leader and we havent seen him at his best yet. He is young too and will evolve with our program. His leadership will be needed if we get in trouble here on through the Tourneys! GO HOG-EYE!!

? :roflol:

Trust me, you have no reason to be concerned. Calling a timeout when something goes wrong doesn't mean that the coach is actually coaching. I recall some coaches calling timeouts and not doing any "coaching" at all. If a coach that knows what he is doing (and Coach Melton does) doesn't call a timeout, its because he feels the timeout isnt' needed or might even worsen the situation. It is pretty easy to be a bleacher coach and assume we know what would work best.

Lets try to get back to talking about the tournament play.

? :thumb:

Trust me, you have no reason to be concerned. Calling a timeout when something goes wrong doesn't mean that the coach is actually coaching. I recall some coaches calling timeouts and not doing any "coaching" at all. If a coach that knows what he is doing (and Coach Melton does) doesn't call a timeout, its because he feels the timeout isnt' needed or might even worsen the situation. It is pretty easy to be a bleacher coach and assume we know what would work best.

Lets try to get back to talking about the tournament play.

This reminds me of an old Dr Pepper song. "Im a bleacher coach, your a bleacher coach, wouldnt you like to be a bleacher coach too" :thumb:

Cannon Co. defeated York tonight for 3rd place.

Championship set for Monday. Upperman vs. Livingston Academy......Round 3....thoughts??

LA by 18

First off love the fact that you colored the school names to match team colors it caught my eye right off the bat. Second i dont know what was going on Friday night at Tech but NEITHER LA team played anywhere near the potential they have.Girls game was bad. That 3 pointer was good at the half but thats the past im over it. Boys should have beat Cannon by 20+ but it didnt happen i think it was by 7 or so? They cant play like that Monday or it will be the beating of the season for them. But, I dont dare question the coaching staff at LA the banners on the walls say enough about what they have, can, and will do. LA girls played good tonight and won. Its going to be tough on the road but they can do it. Boys game Monday will be down to the wire I expect. Im going to go with LA wining the game by less than 10. There is no way that it will be that big of a margin between the two teams And please excuse my rant and talk about the girls on this thread its late and i didnt want to have to switch threads to make just a couple comments. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and see ya Monday! :thumb: