8AA District Tourney

LA_Wildcats

La by 20+ we did beat them by 20 at home and by 3 at Upperman without the best player in the region. I suspect the Bees to bring alot of intensity but La will have no prob matching. Upperman cannot match the size and athletic ability of Jackson, Ramsey, and Smith. The three ball is Uppermans only hope to stop the continuous clock from starting in the 4th quarter!! GO HOG-EYE!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La by 20+ we did beat them by 20 at home and by 3 at Upperman without the best player in the region. I suspect the Bees to bring alot of intensity but La will have no prob matching. Upperman cannot match the size and athletic ability of Jackson, Ramsey, and Smith. The three ball is Uppermans only hope to stop the continuous clock from starting in the 4th quarter!! GO HOG-EYE!!!

Upperman must have hit a bunch of 3's Friday night to have won by 32!

I agree with most of what you are saying but if LA has a 35 point lead in this game, I will buy everyone on this thread who goes by more than one name a steak dinner!

If LA plays like they did Friday night they will be hard pressed to win.

I agree with most of what you are saying but if LA has a 35 point lead in this game, I will buy everyone on this thread who goes by more than one name a steak dinner!

Just in case they do get up by 35...where will we be eating and will you give me time to register another name? I love steak..well i love food period. I know folks wouldnt know by looking at me but i really do! :thumb: Go HOG-EYE!

The comment on continuous clock was just a little smack talk! I do beleive it will be an interesting game tonight. Upperman was very impressive with their defensive pressure on York and hot shooting. I think our guards are more poised and can handle the press alot better than York did. If Jackson stays out of foul trouble he will be the MVP of tourn and I look for TJ to be hungry for a little honey!!

Just in case they do get up by 35...where will we be eating and will you give me time to register another name? I love steak..well i love food period. I know folks wouldnt know by looking at me but i really do! :roll: Go HOG-EYE!

Previously registered users only! Sorry!

Cannon Co. defeated York tonight for 3rd place.

Championship set for Monday. Upperman vs. Livingston Academy......Round 3....thoughts??

LA by 18

There is no way that it will be that big of a margin between the two teams

Ok, you got me Mr. Know-It-All. LA only won by 16.

Imagine what it could have been if the foul count was a little more balanced. :ugeek::roll:

Congrats to LA and Coach Melton.

Still more games to be played! :roll:

I cannot believe that the first post after the game was a LA complaint about refs. :roll:

They are refs. There were a ton of calls under the UHS Basket that never got called. The LA folks were complaining about the kid getting a Player control foul for throwing his elbows under our basket, but he got away with a shot to the head doing the same exact thing in the first half. I saw it. It was right in front of me.

There are a crap load of fouls that dont get called, or go the other way, or get called that shouldnt.

YOU WON THE GAME, try to do it gracefully.

You have a very good team. I would like to watch them play sometime when I dont care who wins. Hard working kids, and well coached. I like that.

But if you put them up against Uppermans team, man for man, and try to tell me that Bobby McWilliams in not coaching the daylights out of his kids to keep it that close, for that long, then you dont know squat about basketball. And dont ever try to tell me that the refs are favoring a BmcW team. Im never going to buy that one. I really like the Upperman kids, they play their tails off, but they are physically no where close in this match up. Kudos to them for playing their hearts out.

I cannot believe that the first post after the game was a LA complaint about refs. :ugeek:

They are refs. There were a ton of calls under the UHS Basket that never got called. The LA folks were complaining about the kid getting a Player control foul for throwing his elbows under our basket, but he got away with a shot to the head doing the same exact thing in the first half. I saw it. It was right in front of me.

There are a crap load of fouls that dont get called, or go the other way, or get called that shouldnt.

You have a very good team. I would like to watch them play sometime when I dont care who wins. Hard working kids, and well coached. I like that.

But if you put them up against Uppermans team, man for man, and try to tell me that Bobby McWilliams in not coaching the daylights out of his kids to keep it that close, for that long, then you dont know squat about basketball. And dont ever try to tell me that the refs are favoring a BmcW team. Im never going to buy that one. I really like the Upperman kids, they play their tails off, but they are physically no where close in this match up. Kudos to them for playing their hearts out.

Poor gator... Look up the defination of "joke" and "sarcasm"... :roll:

Upperman did well to keep it close. Maybe the 2 teams will meet again. :roll:

I cannot believe that the first post after the game was a LA complaint about refs. :roll:

Poor gator... Look up the defination of "joke" and "sarcasm"... :thumb:

Upperman did well to keep it close. Maybe the 2 teams will meet again. :ugeek:

Hey, trust me, I have a smile on my face the whole time. Im not trying to rip on ya. Just sayin'.

I hope we do meet again. I still dont like our chances if we do, but that would still be a good thing.

Upperman is in a "down year". Great kids. Working their tails off, but they have obvious weaknesses, and your team has the ability to exploit those weaknesses. All that being said, if UHS is on their game, they can play with, and beat anyone. An off night in any way will just not cut it.

I like your team. I dont ever want to lose to you. EVER. But it does not take me as long to get over the loses as it does some, mostly because I dont have a horse in the race. my kids attend the school, but my only boy is 2. 14 years from now he is going to be a beast!! Just the other day he ran through the kitchen, jumped through the air (yeah, really) and dunked his basketball on his little tykes basket, ripping the rim right off the backboard!!! But he is versatile, he can also hit the three pointer from the edge of the living room. The kid is a beast. The folks down at JC are already recruiting him. (my apologies to my JC friends, hahahaha, but I dont care who you are, that was funny.....git r done!)

:roll: