8AA District Tourney

LA_Wildcats

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall are going to kill me for this one, so let me say right from the beginning that I am not saying the should have been coach of the year, but I think someone needs to give a huge shout out to Bobby McWilliams for the job that was done at Upperman this year.

He took a team that lost it's entire starting 5 to graduation, and had really only Matt Allen back from last year. He talked Mitchell Simmons back from the bowling team, and put a team on the court that was LIGHTYEARS beyond what most people thought it would be this year.

darn fine coaching job in my opinion. Perfect? No. But this team did a lot better than most people outside of Baxter figured they would do.

I hate losing Mitchell, quality ballplayer and an even better kid, but next year looks pretty good for this team. And, considering what the middle school looks like right now, the next few years should be interesting in Baxter.

No disrespect to coach Melton on getting the COY he deserves it. I believe that coach Wright does also. He took a team that did't even make the tourny last year and was only a few points away in 3 games of being in the number one spot. Of course coach Melton took a team that lost several seniors and is in the #1 spot. Maybe somewhere down the rode they might come up with an award for most improved team.

Sorry I meant that coach Wright deserved a little consideration for COY

Not trying to slam Coach Wright. His team has improved all season (as one should). There are some very good athletes on the York team. When the athletic ability of these players is taken into consideration, I would think it would take a finish higher than third place in the district to deserve ANY consideration for COY.

Coaches in general do a good job, or they get fired. If you're not fired, you're doing a "good" job.

Good jobs mean all could be deserving, yet unfortunately there isn't another COY trophy. Congrats to Coach Melton and Livingston Academy on a 6th straight district title.

6th straight district title? Thats pretty impressive. Sounds more like COD (Coach of the Decade). :mrgreen: Congrats to everyone from the district on a great regular season.

Still more basketball to be played. :popcorneater: