D2 Brackets Question?

PUMMELKING

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then seems to me like make this a single day tourny unti lthey are able to fill at least half the wgt. classes.

Would open it up to make D1 a double elimination.

No matter what they do with D2, they need to re-address the issue with D1. With the new venue, I think everyone would agree that making it double elimination is doable. Can't imagine the arguement why they wouldn't do it now. Maybe they are wanting to see how this year goes, and hopefully next year they make the change. I know it's only fair to the kids, and this is what it's all about anyway.

Then seems to me like make this a single day tourny unti lthey are able to fill at least half the wgt. classes.

Would open it up to make D1 a double elimination.

You don't need to slight the DII wrestlers in order to make DI a double elimination tournament. The number one reason DII shouldn't be made a single day tournament is that with the current level of participation it is possible to run into the 5 match rule... I think everyone would agree that wouldn't be a good thing for any wrestler at their state championships. In general I would take the entire suggestion as a continual dig at the DII tournament. I don't want to get into that as it is relevant but it also isn't warranted.

The DI tournament could have been made double elimination at UTC, several viable options were submitted.

I have heard from knowledgeable sources that the TSSAA has discussed moving DI to double elimination with the new venue. However, they didn't want to add any new wrinkles to go along with the new venue this year. I would expect it gets a big push and occurs next year. Of course I will issue my standard disclaimer in saying don't say I said it would happen if it doesn't lol.