D2 Brackets Question?

PUMMELKING

Apparently it works in other states... Separate divisions based upon school size. So then why would it matter if the schools in TN were separated based upon scholarship? In the end, does it really matter? Most of us are past our wrestling prime and are following the sport because of love or blood... A state champ is a state champ!

You know, if you divide it up enough you can have a bunch of them. Everybody gets a trophy.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, if you divide it up enough you can have a bunch of them. Everybody gets a trophy.

Not the point I was trying to make... Morningstar 1A state champ, Slaton 3A state champ, Beatty 2A state champ. And you would say what about this? Don't think any of their dads cried about who was better...

Not the point I was trying to make... Morningstar 1A state champ, Slaton 3A state champ, Beatty 2A state champ. And you would say what about this? Don't think any of their dads cried about who was better...

It's not about the dads. We adults are the problem. I assure you that the boys wanted to know who was the true state champ. That is why they are at the level that they are.

So your telling me it is justified to win one match at state and place????? At 112 with only 9 entries a wrestler only has to win one match and can place 6th Medal at the State Tournament.

We can easily solve this problem. Let's have one tournament. If you want to criticize the fact that there is a DII tournament, I'm there with you. I have a tough time with criticism of the tournament itself because it is the DI schools that created the DII tournament in the first place. The DII schools will be happy to go back to a single championship.

Hey great idea. Just do not offer any money(scholarships). If your parents have the $$$ then you go there, if not then you go and stay at a public school.

So your telling me it is justified to win one match at state and place????? At 112 with only 9 entries a wrestler only has to win one match and can place 6th Medal at the State Tournament.

We can easily solve this problem. Let's have one tournament. If you want to criticize the fact that there is a DII tournament, I'm there with you. I have a tough time with criticism of the tournament itself because it is the DI schools that created the DII tournament in the first place. The DII schools will be happy to go back to a single championship.

Hey great idea. Just do not offer any money(scholarships). If your parents have the $$$ then you go there, if not then you go and stay at a public school.

Is that what is best for the kids? I think it would certainly be easier on the finances of the private schools.

Comparing Tennessee to what Iowa does is asinine. Heck you cant even compare our 100+ schools with wrestling to georgia for that matter as they have at least three times the # we do. Out of our 100+ schools only 20-30 of them are even serious about the sport at all. Here is a simple concept. Wrestle everyone together and just keep separate team standings. Everybody is happy that way. Or take out the d-I schools that are finding ways to give financial aide even though they arent supposed to and make them wrestle d-II. Its a bit confusing how the public school coaches got to decide this in the first place. Are they not paid employees of the state/tax payers? Do the school teachers get to decide what days they work or how long summer break is? I can see their argument about it not being fair to compete on a team level but an individual tournament should all be together. Ask the kids and see what they want to do.

How is the tourney going for you? Pummel, the more you say, the more this is about you, and if that is going to be the case, tell us about you...if you have no credible background, like you have "been there"' then you become white noise...surely you clowns have something better to do, and if your design is to denigrate (look it up) the accomplishments of the wrestlers, then shame on ya...watch the figure skating....seriously, enjoy the time, and the moments...

How is the tourney going for you? Pummel, the more you say, the more this is about you, and if that is going to be the case, tell us about you...if you have no credible background, like you have "been there"' then you become white noise...surely you clowns have something better to do, and if your design is to denigrate (look it up) the accomplishments of the wrestlers, then shame on ya...watch the figure skating....seriously, enjoy the time, and the moments...

Come on now gonavy2!!!!!

Seriously, you must be down in a sub and cant get the thing to give you any oxygen...It is never bout me, I have plenty of ground to stand on as for my wrestling past, but I do not list since this is not about me. It is about discussion topics and how they are pertaining to wrestling here.

Well by the way the figure skating outfits do look alot like private school uniforms...lol

Pummel - how I have missed you - reading this thread has cracked me up! Gosh I've missed you - wish you were here - are you going to come to the mid-state for the finals?

No i cant make it. Work and family have me to busy to make this trip, have to alot my time for all the traveling coming up for the season of Pummeling. Plus can get away from all the fantastic action of the Winter Private Games...lol

Good luck to all.

PUMMELKING

Morning, Pummel. I actually have been on a sub in summer training, plenty of oxygen, not much sunlight, good food, though! My dander gets up on this scholarship thing. I went to Overton, my kids went to BA. My parents choice, our family's choice. I recognize that some don't have that choice, so you move to the best area you can, and do the best you can, No scholarships. Just hard work. I have yet to hear one solid example of one, it is always, "well, they recruited me but I didn't bite", or "they offered Johnny a full ride, but for whatever reason, he didn't take advantage of that great deal"...I hate to say it, but it sounds like an excuse, and it sounds like envy, either one is no good and certainly not healthy. I am for respecting the wrestlers and the programs, and operating in the system we have,'cause we can't change it. We can't change coach's minds, either, as to their team agenda. I love D1 and enjoy following the wrestlers, and I love D2 wrestling. And I particularly enjoy the McCallie, Cleveland, and FR tourneys. Pride in you and yourn is a great thing...people shouldn't try to shine light on their situation by belittling others, and in particular other wrestlers, simply not right. I hope half of these posts are simple digs or awkward jokes, and for fun. I hope. Take care, and good luck to yours!

Well said Navy...

This whole scholarship thing is a farce anyway, well from where I reside at least. Can any of you DII antagonists tell me how many student athletes are on wrestling scholarships at Briarcrest, St. Benedict, Christian Brothers, MUS or Harding?

Guess we should start picking apart the NCAA's, since some of those guys don't get scholarship money.

And I again I am going to speak from my perspective, as a Catholic we see a Catholic education as something beneficial... Notice I said Catholic education and not Catholic athletics. Which is the real reason most people choose to place their children in private school... Academics!

The reality here is, as Navy said, we all have choices in life.

But I am curious to know this, why do you think those of us who pay, after taxes, extra for our children's education do so?