Boyd/Ezell

derek782

Guest Football4life

JP i just wanted to repeat what u said. you and i both know ezell has the talent and coaching to win state again like we did last year. i wish i could be at this game b/c it sounds like boyd might challenge us alittle more this year. but if ezell comes out and plays like they know how then i dont see it being a close game. JP maybe the turtle can bring them some more good luck.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by Chakra20:

Looks like this game will happen tonight with the waether moving out of midlle Tennessee. Have a safe trip from Chattanooga tonight and it should be a great game with two good programs. I was wondering what was Boyd's record last year going inbto thsi game.

I am not positive about this, but I think it was 2-2. If my memory is correct, they had defeated Rhea County, lost to East Ridge, lost to Whitwell and defeated Copper Basin. I could be leaving something out.

Posted by supersteve17:
Posted by Chakra20:

Looks like this game will happen tonight with the waether moving out of midlle Tennessee. Have a safe trip from Chattanooga tonight and it should be a great game with two good programs. I was wondering what was Boyd's record last year going inbto thsi game.

I am not positive about this, but I think it was 2-2. If my memory is correct, they had defeated Rhea County, lost to East Ridge, lost to Whitwell and defeated Copper Basin. I could be leaving something out.

No your right i looke it up after i asked. 95% chnce the game will happen tonight BTW.

Posted by ksc3:

I feel that Boyd Buchanan will come out on top of this one 17-13. I don't think it will be as high scoring as people think. You have to remember, BBS is coming off of 14 quarters of shout out ball. This is extremely impressive. Great job BBS defense. Talking about too predictable, Ezell is very predictable in what they do offensively. Good luck BBS!!

Remember to come back on Saturday and post an retraction after Boyd gets toasted. Unless their offense plays differently than they did against FRA, it could get ugly. Of course, FRA doesn't have an offense anyway.

This contest really wasn't as close as the score indicates. Ezell-Harding may not be as good as they were last year (not qualified to speak to that), but they are very good. They are explosive and powerful on offense and their defense stifled the Bucs.

No knock on Antoine Owens, Randy Schlappi, Austin Henderson or any other Eagle, but A.J. Blackburn was the best player on the field on Friday night at Ezell-Harding. He made one of the most spectacular catches imaginable in the first half. He was a real difference maker. If he is not being recruited by D-1 programs, he ought to be.

The question that began this thread has been answered. BBS does not belong in the same category as Ezell-Harding for now. Can they improve and get there? Maybe so, but they have a bunch of work to do. A good start would be to get re-focused on region play and prepare for a well-coached Lookout Valley team and a huge challenge from South Pittsburg. Oliver Springs and Lipscomb are outside the region. A great season is still in the offing, but the work is clearly cut out for the Bucs.

As for the Eagles from EHCS, it will be a major disappointment if they do not return to Murfreesboro to defend their class A crown.