Leron Black

yankees8589

Help me out Memphis people. I read today from somebody I trust more than anybody involved in national recruiting (this person is not invloved with with the big 2 either) that Leron Black is probably the top player in the country for the class of 2014 and is the best 8th grader he has ever seen. This person is from LA California and was in town to watch Black. He was stunned at this kids talent. This guy is a well known AAU coach from Southern California and has and many players that ended up in the NBA. He say's this kid is SPECIAL AND I MEAN SPECIAL. Special in the sense that he could be one of those kids that comes along every 10 or 15 years.

What are you guys thoughts.

Help me out Memphis people. I read today from somebody I trust more than anybody involved in national recruiting (this person is not invloved with with the big 2 either) that Leron Black is probably the top player in the country for the class of 2014 and is the best 8th grader he has ever seen. This person is from LA California and was in town to watch Black. He was stunned at this kids talent. This guy is a well known AAU coach from Southern California and has and many players that ended up in the NBA. He say's this kid is SPECIAL AND I MEAN SPECIAL. Special in the sense that he could be one of those kids that comes along every 10 or 15 years.

What are you guys thoughts.

I've only seen him play once, and he didnt do GREAT(but he played really well considering he was playing bigger 9th graders on a 7th grade team) but I'd put my money on it that Jalen Lindsey from CPA is better. Great player 6'6, lanky, can shoot it, athletic, not a impeccable handle but good for a 6'6 kid thats only in the 8th grade, if he gets stronger I really dont see any stopping him. Drew Maddux who played with Ron Mercer said Jalen is already farther along then Ron. Black and Lindsey will certainly be two great players to come out of TN in 2014

Yankee I've seen Laron play twice and he is an absolute stud...Now I don't know about him being a once in 10-15 year talent but his good....Of course since he's in middle school he plays down low but he will be an excellent sf for someone next year. He's very athletic, can shoot the 3, finish with both hands around the rim, and he makes free throws.

Yankee I've seen Laron play twice and he is an absolute stud...Now I don't know about him being a once in 10-15 year talent but his good....Of course since he's in middle school he plays down low but he will be an excellent sf for someone next year. He's very athletic, can shoot the 3, finish with both hands around the rim, and he makes free throws.

Thanks, thats why I was asking. I really don't follow jr high and middle school. This guy was saying he is the best 8th grader he has ever seen and had never seen a kid taht young with such an advanced game. Even if he is not one of those 1 every 10 year talens it looks like at worst he will be a top 5 player for his class. Do you think he is that good.

Thanks, thats why I was asking. I really don't follow jr high and middle school. This guy was saying he is the best 8th grader he has ever seen and had never seen a kid taht young with such an advanced game. Even if he is not one of those 1 every 10 year talens it looks like at worst he will be a top 5 player for his class. Do you think he is that good.

Yankee I keep up with Middle when I can...I made it a point to go see Laron after I heard all of the buzz. His sky is the limit, but it depends on him and what coach he chooses to play for. Yankee you know that in Memphis you have so many kids come along every year that fizzle out and and some that pan out. He will make a difference next year similar to J3 did for Southwind. P.S. I saw Coach Johnson last night from Wooddale talking to Black and introducing him to others...

Southeast21, Leron is better than the kid at CPA. Believe me on that. Can score in a mixture of different ways, also is very aggressive, and does play some defense. He's 6'5 with good handles, and is solidly improving every other aspect of his game to go along with his post game. I know he is VERY SPECIAL I don't know if we should project him as being the next Lebron or Kobe though.

I expect Leron to go to White Station and play for the Memphis War Eagles or YOMCA.

Southeast21, Leron is better than the kid at CPA. Believe me on that. Can score in a mixture of different ways, also is very aggressive, and does play some defense. He's 6'5 with good handles, and is solidly improving every other aspect of his game to go along with his post game. I know he is VERY SPECIAL I don't know if we should project him as being the next Lebron or Kobe though.

I expect Leron to go to White Station and play for the Memphis War Eagles or YOMCA.

But, even if Leron Black is better than Jalen, you MUST agree that Jalen is a VERY CLOSE second, and has the potential to be 6'8 or 6'9...and I dont doubt it if you have ever seen how big both his parents are. Jalen has a sweet stroke for a kid his age, actually alot of kids at his age(13) are still trying to find the correct shooting form. Both players right now, if they add weight, are unstoppable in the near future.