135 penson vs Herron (my best match)

cmmndalum

135 starts out fast and furious a flurry of ankle pick attempts Cordova locks in a whizzer and tries to throw it over almost secures a takedown but Bradley is able to leg lock around his body they struggle on the mat for about 20 seconds fighting for the 2. Bradley secures the TD. Bradley puts in the legs and tries to throw an arm over and put Cordova to his back ref stops it for PD. A lot of hip movement Cordova tries to get his hips on top Bradley gets hi and recovers throws in a ball and chain tilt and tilts Cordova back but with only 2 seconds left cant secure NF points score 2-0

Bradley goes down quick escape 3-0 Cordova shots a NIIIIIICE shot and penetrates super deep takes Bradley to the mat but Bradley crotch locks trying to stop the TD finally secures the TD with 25 seconds left but Cordova doesn’t try hard enough to hold Bradley down and he gets an escape Cordova aggressively goes after the legs but is blocked a few times then hits an amazing ankle pick with 9 seconds left but Bradley crotch locks again period ends 4-2

Cordova picks neutral both wrestlers taking half shots setting up and the ref gives an AWFUL stalling call on Cordova. Cordova is wildly reaching for the legs but getting blocked then out of nowhere Bradley hits a sweet duck under and goes behind but Cordova runs for the outa bounds line no TD (that should have been a stalling or feeling the mat but no call…) Cordova attacks and gets two stalling calls and a point out of Bradley but not enough to win final 4-3

cmmndalum - Excellent Post.

As best that I can recall, your recount of the details are very close to dead on center. However, your opinion of the AWFUL stalling call does not with stand the critical test of NFHS rules. As the official of the match, I can say that the stalling call was correct with a high degree of confidence. It is the easiest of stalling calls, beacuse the rules state in the Case Book under Section 6, Page #80-81, Subsection 4e - Leaving the 10-foot circle without making contact - is stalling.

However, your comment regarding the late match fleeing is correct. I just plan missed the call.

WOW kudos to you, your my favorite poster on coachT now and it only took you one post to do it! your absolutly right about the no contact stalling rule (first step back without contact will get you one too if I recall) I would love to see more clarification on stalling/fleeing the mat it seems to me to many times this year it was called on the referes opinion and the flow of the match. officals CANT do that. it must be by the book every time.

In one of my earlier posts i was angry about a fleeing the mat no call were a wrestler was put to his back but bridged off before nearfall points could be awarded. A few people responded with well what the wrestler supposed to do bridge in the circle? NO he should absolutly bridge off the mat and avoid a NF2 or NF3 but the wrestler is not PENALIZED for fleeing the mat the other wrestler is AWARDED for turning the wrestler, just the way i see it!

As best that I can recall, your recount of the details are very close to dead on center. However, your opinion of the AWFUL stalling call does not with stand the critical test of NFHS rules. As the official of the match, I can say that the stalling call was correct with a high degree of confidence. It is the easiest of stalling calls, beacuse the rules state in the Case Book under Section 6, Page #80-81, Subsection 4e - Leaving the 10-foot circle without making contact - is stalling.

However, your comment regarding the late match fleeing is correct. I just plan missed the call.

I've been trying to find that rule, can you quote that rule exactly like it is in the book please?

I've been trying to find that rule, can you quote that rule exactly like it is in the book please?

bump

bump

are we ever going to see this rule?

bump

are we ever going to see this rule?

2blLeg,

I may be able to find it for you. I know the rule well but it would take me some time to get a rulebook since it is at home and I am not.

Factors that contribute to stalling are varied. Every effort must be made both coaches and referees to discourage such tactics. In the neutral position, it is the responsibility of both wrestlers, regardless of the score or time remaining to make every effort to stay within the 10 foot circle, to make contact to maneuver to set up a takedown, and to follow up by attempting a takedown. A wrestler may circle to to set up a takedown, but backing away from the opponent, avoiding contact or playing the edge of the mat are examples of stalling.....

Typical holds contributing to stalling in the neutral position are:

a. upper body tie-ups with no attempt to take down

b...

c...

d...

e.Leaving the 10-foot circle without making contact

Factors that contribute to stalling are varied. Every effort must be made both coaches and referees to discourage such tactics. In the neutral position, it is the responsibility of both wrestlers, regardless of the score or time remaining to make every effort to stay within the 10 foot circle, to make contact to maneuver to set up a takedown, and to follow up by attempting a takedown. A wrestler may circle to to set up a takedown, but backing away from the opponent, avoiding contact or playing the edge of the mat are examples of stalling.....

Typical holds contributing to stalling in the neutral position are:

a. upper body tie-ups with no attempt to take down

b...

c...

d...

e.Leaving the 10-foot circle without making contact

so, now at the beginning of every match we are going to hit the boys with stalling? Because just about every match, at the beginning, one or both of the wrestlers takes a step back and starts to circle the other. This is a way of creating angles and looking for opportunities.

I don't think the way this was written was to say the first time a kid steps out of the circle, that it's stalling. Just like the first time a kid puts his head on the mat, that it's stalling.

• 4 weeks later...

After the matches being posted, and I watched this several times. This is a HORRIBLE call. Cordova's feet never left the circle. They were on the edge yes, but never actually out. And this was in no way an act of stalling, he was re-adjusting his position.