Henry County Football

West TN football

I understand Shortstop15 and I agree with you. I understand about the fumble too. Just like when the best player on the HC team fumbled in the last minutes of the Maplewood game around the ten yard line going in. Gaddis didn't fumble lol. If HC doesn't fumble they likely win in regulation and play Maryville in the title game the next week.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is James Counce the new coach of Henry County High School? I keep hearing the job is his but apparently it is not official yet. When is it to be official? Is Jr. coming with him? What is going on in Paris?

This seems like a strange hire to me, I have heard there is a connection between the director and Counce, but hasn't he retired two times already? Does it not seem like this is a somewhat bad situation. Sure he is a good coach but it is one thing for Gaddis to resign and have to hire someone else but to hire someone who obviously may coach one, two or three years and retire again, then some of these young men may have 3 head coaches in 3 or 4 years. History tells me, that is what causes problems in programs. If this is a young team as I have heard, why not hire someone who will see them through?

Is James Counce the new coach of Henry County High School? I keep hearing the job is his but apparently it is not official yet. When is it to be official? Is Jr. coming with him? What is going on in Paris?

This seems like a strange hire to me, I have heard there is a connection between the director and Counce, but hasn't he retired two times already? Does it not seem like this is a somewhat bad situation. Sure he is a good coach but it is one thing for Gaddis to resign and have to hire someone else but to hire someone who obviously may coach one, two or three years and retire again, then some of these young men may have 3 head coaches in 3 or 4 years. History tells me, that is what causes problems in programs. If this is a young team as I have heard, why not hire someone who will see them through?

The new Sup does not start till April 1, all hires are frozen till after April 1. I would think a few days after that more will come out on who has applied. After that HCHS will have a new Coach starting.

Any news yet?

From me I am hearing sources say Counce Sr to take job but Jr is staying put. But I guess we will find out after April 1.

I am fine with Counce as long as coaches on the current staff were given serious interviews if any applied. I don't believe Counce will be around long, and it would be a slap in the face to anyone on the current staff to not be given serious consideration.

Warrior, You are 100% accurate, If Counce is to be announced on Thursday as rumored, then this has all been done in an underhanded fashion. 0 applicants have been interviewed, this means one thing, Sam Miles was not interested in what was best for the program, more about what was best for him and one of his old buddies. I know a few of the applicants and they are all qualified and want to be a part of THE HENRY COUNTY FOOTBALL PROGRAM. My sources tell me that Coach Counce was not looking to even get back into coaching. With persuasion, here we go. Counce is very qualified, there is no doubt about that, He will do a good job. Why would the director not want to atleast interview someone. Warrior, I agree, coaches on staff have been slapped in the face as two of them applied, and did get a boo, ####, or howdy from the new director. If I never see you guys again, then to heck with you