Henry County Football

West TN football

Warrior, You are 100% accurate, If Counce is to be announced on Thursday as rumored, then this has all been done in an underhanded fashion. 0 applicants have been interviewed, this means one thing, Sam Miles was not interested in what was best for the program, more about what was best for him and one of his old buddies. I know a few of the applicants and they are all qualified and want to be a part of THE HENRY COUNTY FOOTBALL PROGRAM. My sources tell me that Coach Counce was not looking to even get back into coaching. With persuasion, here we go. Counce is very qualified, there is no doubt about that, He will do a good job. Why would the director not want to atleast interview someone. Warrior, I agree, coaches on staff have been slapped in the face as two of them applied, and did get a boo, ####, or howdy from the new director. If I never see you guys again, then to heck with you

Are there a list or rumors out there of who did apply? what two asst. applied? I had heard that Puttman applied, but not sure of anything. I am excited for HC to get Coach Counce if the rumors are true.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard last night that it is Counce. However, I was told that a former HC QB that played for Counce is coming too. He coaches in another state currently and would be announced as "coach in waiting". Has anyone else heard this? The person I heard this from is very credible and has no reason to lie but also told me it wasn't final and was in the works.

Warrior, You are 100% accurate, If Counce is to be announced on Thursday as rumored, then this has all been done in an underhanded fashion. 0 applicants have been interviewed, this means one thing, Sam Miles was not interested in what was best for the program, more about what was best for him and one of his old buddies. I know a few of the applicants and they are all qualified and want to be a part of THE HENRY COUNTY FOOTBALL PROGRAM. My sources tell me that Coach Counce was not looking to even get back into coaching. With persuasion, here we go. Counce is very qualified, there is no doubt about that, He will do a good job. Why would the director not want to atleast interview someone. Warrior, I agree, coaches on staff have been slapped in the face as two of them applied, and did get a boo, ####, or howdy from the new director. If I never see you guys again, then to heck with you

This has nothing to do with Counce, who is obviously qualified. However,if these rumors are true, then you are dealing with an inept and insensitive administration that can't be trusted. Who are the two assistants who have applied? If it is true that they haven't even been approached by the administration, then they are not very smart. Also, the idea that anyone not even yet on the staff would be considered as a "coach in waiting", is totally absurd. I hope that none of this is true. Do the current staff members not deserve just a little respect? Are you telling me that they had nothing to do with the recent and great success that the program has experienced? If these rumors are accurate, they should have all gone with Gaddis.

I heard last night that it is Counce. However, I was told that a former HC QB that played for Counce is coming too. He coaches in another state currently and would be announced as "coach in waiting". Has anyone else heard this? The person I heard this from is very credible and has no reason to lie but also told me it wasn't final and was in the works.

I guess that would be Steve Summers. This would be an awesome thing for HC! He has been known to have wanted the job before.

He Red Warrior. If you trully are a retired coach (which I believe to be not true) then move to NC and retire there. You can go with Gaddis also! :roll:

It is not a rumor. It is a fact. Unless something happens Coach Counce is coming to Henry County. Summers is not coming with him. Also I would like to say that I do not think it took any persuading to get him to come. He missed football in a bad way and should not have retired to begin with. I would also mention that I do not think Sam Miles did this in a underhanded way. He is a good man and only wants to have one of the best coaches around. Congradulations HC :roll:

Hey hchsforlife,what's your problem? I think Coach Counce is a fine choice for the job. I just think the administration (if the rumors are true) yhas dropped the ball on this one as far as dealing with the current assistants go. How could you disagree with that? If the rumors are true, then this process will cause much needless an unnecessary dissension. As far as NC is concerned, it's a pretty place but I will stay right here. Rather than telling a stranger where to move, why don't you just pack up and go yourself!

Red Warrior and the Prophet need to quit whinning. Warrior you sound more like a retired soccer coach than retired fb coach.

No whining from me. Just the facts. If the rumors are true, then the administration has disrespected the assistants who have applied. Plain and simple. Coach Counce has nothing to do with this. He is a fine man and a fine coach. If you disagree with my position then you are not very smart. Good luck to Coach Counce if he gets this job. The administration, on the other hand, needs to learn how to treat its own.

Counce is a good coach. Is Summers coming or not? Miles hired a good experienced coach with a proven track record. If some assistants are not happy, they need to get over it. This is business and Counce is a winner and knows the territory. Grow up and understand this is not "everybody plays Saturday soccer." This is high school athletics that is competitive and a business. No one needs to hold hands and sing Kumbaya. Just line up and bloody their nose. What color is it? RED

Counce is a good coach. Is Summers coming or not? Miles hired a good experienced coach with a proven track record. If some assistants are not happy, they need to get over it. This is business and Counce is a winner and knows the territory. Grow up and understand this is not "everybody plays Saturday soccer." This is high school athletics that is competitive and a business. No one needs to hold hands and sing Kumbaya. Just line up and bloody their nose. What color is it? RED

You are right about several things. Number one...Miles has made a good hire (if it's Counce)...Number two...Counce has a proven track record...Number three...this is not soccer...Number four...Nobody needs to sing Kumbaya...Number five...just line up and bloody their nose...NUMBER SIX...this is a business...THEREFORE...grow a brain and do NOT disrespect your own staff members who have applied! Since this is a BUSINESS, then call in your assistants who applied and explain to them that Counce will be hired and why. These assistants have just coached through the WINNINGEST era in Henry County football history...don't they deserve at least that much (especially since this is a business)?

Mr. Miles doesn't take office until tomorrow, April 1. Was he expected to be interviewing before then? He may have alredy decided who he wants but I don't think he should do interviews or anything else official until he is actually on the job. To my knowledge,he hasn't.

GO BIG RED