Henry County Football

West TN football

Mr. Miles doesn't take office until tomorrow, April 1. Was he expected to be interviewing before then? He may have alredy decided who he wants but I don't think he should do interviews or anything else official until he is actually on the job. To my knowledge,he hasn't.

GO BIG RED

My comments have always been coupled with the idea that "if the rumors are true". We all know that Miles doesn't assume the job until tomorrow. Tell us something that we don't know. Since he doesn't take office until tomorrow do you think he hasn't even talked to Counce and their first conversation will be tomorrow? If you believe that, then I am worried about you. Do you think he has talked to the assistants who applied too? Has ANYONE shown them any professional courtesy? Is there a Principal in place at Henry County High School? Has there been an Interim Superintendant of the school system? Is there no administrator who could have spoken to those assistants who applied? I don't care AT ALL about those outside of the HCHS football staff being spoken to about this. However, the coaches on the former/current staff who helped turn this program around and were part of the recent and unparalleled success, should have been treated with more respect. An interview at this point would be a token interview, at best...if the rumors are true. And as I have said before, this has nothing to do with Coach Counce. He is a fine choice.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Miles doesn't take office until tomorrow, April 1. Was he expected to be interviewing before then? He may have alredy decided who he wants but I don't think he should do interviews or anything else official until he is actually on the job. To my knowledge,he hasn't.

GO BIG RED

My comments have always been coupled with the idea that "if the rumors are true". We all know that Miles doesn't assume the job until tomorrow. Tell us something that we don't know. Since he doesn't take office until tomorrow do you think he hasn't even talked to Counce and their first conversation will be tomorrow? If you believe that, then I am worried about you. Do you think he has talked to the assistants who applied too? Has ANYONE shown them any professional courtesy? Is there a Principal in place at Henry County High School? Has there been an Interim Superintendant of the school system? Is there no administrator who could have spoken to those assistants who applied? I don't care AT ALL about those outside of the HCHS football staff being spoken to about this. However, the coaches on the former/current staff who helped turn this program around and were part of the recent and unparalleled success, should have been treated with more respect. An interview at this point would be a token interview, at best...if the rumors are true. And as I have said before, this has nothing to do with Coach Counce. He is a fine choice.

I take what you are saying as not a knock at Mr. Miles, but a knock at the current administration. Well let's look at that administration! 1. The superintendant that is in place is a lame duck doing what she is told to do so she would not even know what to say to the coaches on staff. 2. The principal at HCHS was put there from the former superintendent and to this day don't you even hesitate to believe that a big reason he is there was to bring his son and grandsons (by the way glad they were here :bored: ) He probably doesn't know how to do things right.

So they are the one's that are not "professional"!! If the rumors are true then Mr. Miles will be making a great hire to keep what was started going!

I agree with you for a change hchsforlife. My problem may well be with Mr Miles for letting this get out before he first took the time to speak with the assistants who applied. He could have spoken to them just as easily as he has apparently spoken to Counce. Once again, I think that hiring Counce is just fine but I have a hard time with the inept way the current assistants have been treated.

Warrior I agree with HCHSforlife, I don't think you are retired. I think you are one of the assistants that applied for the job. We get your point: you are unhappy about not getting an interview. Quit repeating it.

I am far from that. Do you call everyone a liar with whom you disagree? Are you saying that the administration has treated the assistants who applied fairly? Stop making excuses for the administration. Stop shifting the focus to me. At this point, the inept administration needs to hire Counce immediately and focus on damage control with the current coaches on staff.

Leave it to the Henrylanders to fuss about NOTHING!!!!! Tear down your own administration...tear down your old coach for leaving...tear down your new coach for coming...tear dowm your new coach for leaving years ago...tear down your new superintendant for coming...tear down your old superintendant for leaving...tear down one another for the heck of it...tear down your own assistants for wanting the head job...tear down the Horn Man for blowing his horn...tear down your own assistants for not getting the head job...tear down Team Mom for being Team Mom...tear down your own administration for getting the new Jumbo Score Board...tear down the anti-one for being the anti-one...tear down the YANKER for telling it like it is!!!!! You complainers in Henryland do not know how good you have had it...and will still have it. This YANKER has pity for most all of you for not being smart enough to realize that. Good luck...I AM THE "RIGHT ON TARGET" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN Yanker!! The reason you have kind of a celebrity-type status on here is because no one can match your unique, passive-aggressive, but very competent perspectives. Its hard for the Henry Countians to keep their "feelings" out of their posts, thus your objective viewpoint is always looked forward to by me. The program will be fine but many will still complain. Gets to the point of ridiculous sometimes in Paris, but think its become kind of a cultural thing or something. Lol. Don't get me wrong, the passion here in Paris is awesome, and I would rather have the drama than the dead program we had not so long ago.

The article in yesterdays PI might have well just named Counce. I am not sure why Miles just didn't name him rather than describing him without naming him. He definitely and totally excluded any assistant who applied. That's ok as long as he calls them in and has the courtesy to tell them in person what he just told everyone in the community. Counce is the new Coach and he is a good one. The program will be under very solid leadership with him at the controls. It's a good hire. Just be smart in dealing with the current staff.

Counce is a good coach. Is Summers coming or not? Miles hired a good experienced coach with a proven track record. If some assistants are not happy, they need to get over it. This is business and Counce is a winner and knows the territory. Grow up and understand this is not "everybody plays Saturday soccer." This is high school athletics that is competitive and a business. No one needs to hold hands and sing Kumbaya. Just line up and bloody their nose. What color is it? RED

You are right about several things. Number one...Miles has made a good hire (if it's Counce)...Number two...Counce has a proven track record...Number three...this is not soccer...Number four...Nobody needs to sing Kumbaya...Number five...just line up and bloody their nose...NUMBER SIX...this is a business...THEREFORE...grow a brain and do NOT disrespect your own staff members who have applied! Since this is a BUSINESS, then call in your assistants who applied and explain to them that Counce will be hired and why. These assistants have just coached through the WINNINGEST era in Henry County football history...don't they deserve at least that much (especially since this is a business)?

therein lies the problem...