Henry County Football

West TN football

:lol:

After tomorrow, Pats can OFFICIALLY move on! Can't wait and see what the Spring practice brings to the field!

Spring practice will bring Coach Counce and a very talented football team to the field. It will be interesting. I can't believe Gaddis left with what's coming up and already in place. Counce will win and he will win big...soon AND later.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After tomorrow, Pats can OFFICIALLY move on! Can't wait and see what the Spring practice brings to the field!

Spring practice will bring Coach Counce and a very talented football team to the field. It will be interesting. I can't believe Gaddis left with what's coming up and already in place. Counce will win and he will win big...soon AND later.

Pats will have another very good year. Fun to watch again. He just followed in Chairman Rick's steps. To be able to draw your Retirement Pension and get a big Salary. I can't blame him for that. maybe it was true they needed someone to rebuild that program too. He might have got his Cake and Ate it too!! :D

Pats will have another very good year. Fun to watch again. He just followed in Chairman Rick's steps. To be able to draw your Retirement Pension and get a big Salary. I can't blame him for that. maybe it was true they needed someone to rebuild that program too. He might have got his Cake and Ate it too!! :D

If the retirement part is true, then I totally understand. I could have done that, and probably should have done that. My wife suggested it, but I am done with coaching. I have some coaching friends who have done it, and it is a very wise thing to do, especially if you can find a good situation. He left a fine program here, and I am sure that Counce will agree.

lifer, not once have I read a negative comment about the kind of coach counce is, yet you have been in aggressive defense mode of him since you joined these boards, even when defense was not needed. You have recentlly joined and are trying to come off like some henry county loyalist. You even defended what you thought was sarcasm for the new coach, but anytime someone tried to defend our current assistant coaches, you not once defended them. you just simply assumed the posters defending them were the assistant coaches. The warrior may be, I have no clue about him and his identity. By those assumptions, it must be assumed that you are miles, counce, snow, or a close friend of one of those folks, I can assure you that the asssistatnt coaches have been shown much less respect than counce yet the loyalist that you are has just acknowledged that in your 23-24 post. I defended donnie webb as a good coach, I defended joe gaddis, I will defend james counce at some point, and yes I defended our assistant coaches, you have defended counce and miles. Miles has been the only target of any criticism throughout this entire process on this board. I know for a fact, when Miles offered the job to Counce, he contacted applicants from outside the system to inform them, not one assistant on the staff has been offered any information by Miles. There are several assistant coaches who were an integral part of the success of Henry County football over the last 6 years, a loyalist would be aware of that and show them a little respect, you have not, nor has Miles, he showed other applicants more respect than Henry county applicants. I hope counce and the Patriots have lots of successes (no sarcasm) as I am a Patriot fan, where I feel you are a counce/miles fan.

lifer, not once have I read a negative comment about the kind of coach counce is, yet you have been in aggressive defense mode of him since you joined these boards, even when defense was not needed. You have recentlly joined and are trying to come off like some henry county loyalist. You even defended what you thought was sarcasm for the new coach, but anytime someone tried to defend our current assistant coaches, you not once defended them. you just simply assumed the posters defending them were the assistant coaches. The warrior may be, I have no clue about him and his identity. By those assumptions, it must be assumed that you are miles, counce, snow, or a close friend of one of those folks, I can assure you that the asssistatnt coaches have been shown much less respect than counce yet the loyalist that you are has just acknowledged that in your 23-24 post. I defended donnie webb as a good coach, I defended joe gaddis, I will defend james counce at some point, and yes I defended our assistant coaches, you have defended counce and miles. Miles has been the only target of any criticism throughout this entire process on this board. I know for a fact, when Miles offered the job to Counce, he contacted applicants from outside the system to inform them, not one assistant on the staff has been offered any information by Miles. There are several assistant coaches who were an integral part of the success of Henry County football over the last 6 years, a loyalist would be aware of that and show them a little respect, you have not, nor has Miles, he showed other applicants more respect than Henry county applicants. I hope counce and the Patriots have lots of successes (no sarcasm) as I am a Patriot fan, where I feel you are a counce/miles fan.

I can assure you that I am not a current assistant. If you are accurate in what you said that you "know for a fact", then you have total fools running the show there. The ONLY way you can be certain of that is if one or more of the "outside" applicants told you this. I hope that you are wrong, for if you are right, this would be the grossest lack of professionalism that I can recall. Counce is a good choice, but the lack of respect that you described in your last post is beyond belief...UNLESS Miles is trying to run off one or more of the current assistants to make room for coaches. Who is Snow? Maybe I missed something.

burt snow, henry county graduate, played under counce, coached under counce at dyersburd, since has coached at mckenzie, and lake county, pretty good fellow, not sure what kind of coach he is, unless applicant is not telling the truth then it is true, warrior it is a shame that we get cross examined for standing up for coaches who have helped build a strong program at Henry county, it almost seems to make some mad that we would stand up for those that have been a part of HCHS success. Makes no sense if they are henry county faithful, most likely, they are they are incomers who could care less about what has gone on, but will take credit for any success gained from this point on

Has this guy ever been in the game? State Championship that is.

No...he has not been to the State Championship game!..neither has any coach of the Patriots since 1969! THere are many on this forum who have a very schewed idea of what success is! Dyansty? Really Ctownfootball? So..is the Patriot football program now some "project" that needs a revamp? Your coach is one of the best in TN...I agree...but beating your chest about whipping Lewis Co....spare us!

Who come up with the idea that Counce will only coach 2-3 years? Whoever that person is..please speak up. Has anyone heard James say that??

What did Counce do that was so "great" at Dyersburg to make him better than Ward in your eyes?????

James Counce at Dyersburg

1995: 3-7 (DNQ for Playoffs)

1996: 3-7 (DNQ for Playoffs)

1997: 13-1 (3-1 in Playoffs): semifinal lost 43-0 to Pearl-Cohn

1998: 10-3 (2-1 in Playoffs): quarterfinal lost 21-14 to Hardin County

1999: 10-1 (0-1 in Playoffs)

2000: 6-5 (0-1 in Playoffs)

2001: 8-3 (0-1 in Playoffs)

2002: 5-6 (0-1 in Playoffs)

2003: 8-4 (1-1 in Playoffs)

2004: 5-6 (0-1 in Playoffs)

2005: 10-1 (0-1 in Playoffs)

2006: 12-2 (3-1 in Playoffs): semifinal lost 42-10 to David Lipscomb

Now as a previous poster just showed Kevin Ward has taken Camden Central to the State Quarterfinals of the Playoffs 4 times in the last 6 years. You may make fun of Lewis County but I PROMISE YOU that Goodpasture, Huntingdon, & Milan aren't any worse than any team Dyersburg has faced. They got on the field against David Lipscomb in 2006 and got destroyed. At least Camden Central took Goodpasture to the wire when they met. Difference between David Lipscomb & Goodpasture???? NONE!!!!

James Counce went to the State Semifinals in his 3rd year at Dyersburg and got destroyed by a Pearl-Cohn team that was simply loaded. PC didn't surrender a single point that year in the playoffs from the opening round throughout the state semifinals. The following year in '98 Dyersburg went to the quarterfinals and lost to Hardin County. THAT IS NO DIFFERENT FROM THE SEASONS IN WHICH CAMDEN CENTRAL HAS ENJOYED 4 OF THE LAST 6 YEARS!!!! From 1999-2005 Dyersburg went 1-7 in the TSSAA State Playoffs. In those 7 seasons Counce managed to go 10-0 with 2 teams and yet fall in the opening round of the playoffs. He had a great year again in 2006 but got killed in the semifinals against David Lipscomb.

Kevin Ward did much more with much less at Camden Central than James Counce did at Dyersburg. The numbers do not lie :lol:

MY MY MY - I love how facts make people change the subject or sometimes even shut-up!

Great post and I dont hear a lotta rebutta or debatel!

burt snow, henry county graduate, played under counce, coached under counce at dyersburd, since has coached at mckenzie, and lake county, pretty good fellow, not sure what kind of coach he is, unless applicant is not telling the truth then it is true, warrior it is a shame that we get cross examined for standing up for coaches who have helped build a strong program at Henry county, it almost seems to make some mad that we would stand up for those that have been a part of HCHS success. Makes no sense if they are henry county faithful, most likely, they are they are incomers who could care less about what has gone on, but will take credit for any success gained from this point on

I don't think I can EVER remember members of ANY community turning on its own assistants who just helped lead their football team through such a period of success. If HC had just undergone six terrible seasons I could understand a community being ok with the assistants who applied being treated with such disregard. I am not surprised at all with the hiring of Counce. It makes good sense. I am SHOCKED with the blatant disregard and total insensitivity when it comes to the assistants who applied. I am a former coach. Maybe that's why I feel the way that I feel. But it's also easy to know right from wrong. These assistants who applied for this job have been treated wrong, if what you, and others say, is true.

Now as a previous poster just showed Kevin Ward has taken Camden Central to the State Quarterfinals of the Playoffs 4 times in the last 6 years. You may make fun of Lewis County but I PROMISE YOU that Goodpasture, Huntingdon, & Milan aren't any worse than any team Dyersburg has faced. They got on the field against David Lipscomb in 2006 and got destroyed. At least Camden Central took Goodpasture to the wire when they met. Difference between David Lipscomb & Goodpasture???? NONE!!!!

James Counce went to the State Semifinals in his 3rd year at Dyersburg and got destroyed by a Pearl-Cohn team that was simply loaded. PC didn't surrender a single point that year in the playoffs from the opening round throughout the state semifinals. The following year in '98 Dyersburg went to the quarterfinals and lost to Hardin County. THAT IS NO DIFFERENT FROM THE SEASONS IN WHICH CAMDEN CENTRAL HAS ENJOYED 4 OF THE LAST 6 YEARS!!!! From 1999-2005 Dyersburg went 1-7 in the TSSAA State Playoffs. In those 7 seasons Counce managed to go 10-0 with 2 teams and yet fall in the opening round of the playoffs. He had a great year again in 2006 but got killed in the semifinals against David Lipscomb.

Kevin Ward did much more with much less at Camden Central than James Counce did at Dyersburg. The numbers do not lie :lol:

MY MY MY - I love how facts make people change the subject or sometimes even shut-up!

Great post and I dont hear a lotta rebutta or debatel!

Here is a rebuttal...your post, and the other guy's post are both plain stupid. What difference does it make what Ward did at Camden? Counce will be the coach at HC. What's to gain by making a case for Ward? What's he ever done for HC? If he is such a great coach (and all indications are that he is very good), why do you folks at Camden want him to get the HC job? It is very hard to argue with sheer stupidity, but I just tried!

School board picked Mr. Miles, he picked Coach Counce....it is what it is.

You miss the point. Miles may be the perfect guy for the job. Counce may be the perfect guy for the job. They have worked together before. It makes sense. What DOES NOT make ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER is that the current assistants who applied for this job didn't apparently even get the courtesy of even ONE WORD!! Not one ounce of appreciation!!! Is Henry County a land of fools? How can you, or no one else seem to understand this? Counce is a good hire...but the lack of tact in dealing with the current assistants who applied, leaves much to be desired.