Region 5A Battles: District 9A VS District 10A

NeWbLuE

Did you talk to the coach after the game? I doubt seriously he would say they were a bunch of trouble makers, however I have talked to many that were at the game and our fans did act like a bunch of idiots. As far as our players, they have not shown any unsportsmanlike attitudes at any games all year that I have been to or have heard of, so lets don't start on them. Did they lose their composure, probably and that is a credit to your team and the weight of the game. They are young and hopefully will use that as a learning experience! Now we can't all be perfect like your fans and adults at the games, I mean I'm sure nothing was ever said from your student section that was inappropriate for a ten year old to hear. You should write a book on parenting, we would all love to read it. This is a dark cloud on Forrest and unfortunately those 5 or 6 that started that fight are now representing the whole school and community. I love our school and have pride in all our sports, But I'm am ashamed and sorry for what happened. Good luck to McEwen, hope you win it all. We will see all of you next year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game also and I want to know how can Forrest fans can justify anything that happened that night!! They sat on Mcewen's fan side on purpose. There was plenty of room on their side for their student body to sit. I had a 10 year old that was standing in the front row with his cousin and brother of the McEwen student body and my 10 year old was repeating things that the 18 to 19 year olds were saying to our student body. I as a parent was sitting behind our group right along with Clarksville Academy and Casade players and student body who was also cheering McEwen on. I would never condone my children to behave in such manner nor my kids who play for McEwen to play in such manner. It goes to show what kind of class McEwen players and student body has when other teams join to cheer with us, cause thats how we are, BUSINESS on the COURT and get along with other teams OFF the COURT!!! They were getting beat from the getgo never came close to winning that game.... The center and other players on the Forrest team was also showing BAD SPORTSMANSHIP against our players or the refs would never had T'D them up. Parents from Forrest NEVER should have cheered the players on for acting that way on the court. NEVER WILL or NEVER HAVE you seen McEwen players act like that when they are losing. The lose with class because that is the way us parents have taught our kids the value of winning and losing. Someone always win and someone always loses in every game that is played. As for out Bus Driver who got jumped was trying to defend the minor children on that pep bus who those 18 to 19 year olds, WHO KNEW BETTER to go after young kids like that. The ones who say McEwen started the brawl is a liar and knows it!!! Our kids may not be perfect and by all means never said they were, but who is gonna sit there and take a bunch of crap off of someone. And for the 30 to 40 year old at half time was only sticking up for the kids also. Wether anyone wants to believe it or not if your the age of 18 and above you are considered an adult!!! Any other parent who heard the words coming out the Forrest fan club toward our kids would have done the EXACT same thing!!! According to the coach of Forrest he was ashamed of the fans who started that and that they wasn't there to really watch the game, they were there to stir up trouble. He told McEwen players that those 18 to 19 years even in school was a bunch of trouble makers!! Goes to show what kind of up bringing these ppl instill in their kids. :thumb:

I have a nephew who plays for Forrest and I was at the game. For you to say that "other" players for Forrest were showing bad sportsmanship is a flat out lie. Name one. I have watched them play all year and haven't seen it. For you to get on here and lie is no better than what happened after the game. I know the former principal at Forrest wouldn't have let any of this happen. The current principal of Forrest wasn't even at the game, but that is another story. My nephew told me that Forrest was at camp this summer with McEwen and they happen to be good friends. He said they got along and hung out with McEwen during the week. Sorry to give you good news. And as for Cascade cheering for McEwen, that doesn't surprise us. I guess if we had been beaten by them by 40 points during the season, we wouldn't have much love for them either. Good luck to McEwen the rest of the season.

I have no idea why Cascade is continously being pulled into this conversation. I wasn't there, but would bet there were some Forrest fans pulling against Cascade in the first game (well maybe not because they didn't want to see CA advance). Point is Cascade and Forrest are the two best teams in District 9 in practcally every sport (usually). The hatred goes both ways. Cascade has owned Forrest in most Boys Sports and Forrest has owned Cascade in most female sports over the past few years. When is the last time Cascade won a softball game or Forrest won a Football game? Bottom line, not many UT fans gonna pull for Bama and vice/versa. Let's leave Cascade out of the debate.

....... also, this does not reflect forrest high school... you know what? screw it yes it does. we are a group of enthusiastic high school students who don't like taking crap from anyone, but sometimes we like to take it a little too far in retaliation. at halftime mcewen ticked us off, our "fighting few" took it way too far after the game and they all know that, although this IN NO WAY regulates the student's actions after one was called a dumb n@**!$. it is simply THE FACT that some forrest students are willing to face the consequences of getting revenge. they will face those consequences and then say "it was worth it"... so say what you want because these were forrest students defending personal pride! don't mess with forrest! end of discussion! bring on the hate mail!!! :thumb::)

p.s. good luck Mcewen, yall played a great game. :)

This is a poor reflection on your school

Perhaps you should do a little research on your school's founder, Nathan Bedford Forrest, before getting so upset over racist comments.

I have no idea why Cascade is continously being pulled into this conversation. I wasn't there, but would bet there were some Forrest fans pulling against Cascade in the first game (well maybe not because they didn't want to see CA advance). Point is Cascade and Forrest are the two best teams in District 9 in practcally every sport (usually). The hatred goes both ways. Cascade has owned Forrest in most Boys Sports and Forrest has owned Cascade in most female sports over the past few years. When is the last time Cascade won a softball game or Forrest won a Football game? Bottom line, not many UT fans gonna pull for Bama and vice/versa. Let's leave Cascade out of the debate.

I didn't bring Cascade in the debate to begin with but does your administration know that Cascade cheerleaders were on the gym floor in the "runout" when McEwen took the floor? Don't you think that is a little different than just you or I cheering for another team?

"Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” (Romans 12:19)

"There is severe discipline for him who forsakes the way; whoever hates reproof will die."

(Proverbs 15:10)

I didn't bring Cascade in the debate to begin with but does your administration know that Cascade cheerleaders were on the gym floor in the "runout" when McEwen took the floor? Don't you think that is a little different than just you or I cheering for another team?

If it happened, it showed poor taste in my opinion. Was the whole squad involved or just a few? I personally wouldn't condone that action and would be surprised if Cascade's adminstration did. Hopefully they were just having fun with the McEwen cheerleaders and didn't realize the reflection it made.

If it happened, it showed poor taste in my opinion. Was the whole squad involved or just a few? I personally wouldn't condone that action and would be surprised if Cascade's adminstration did. Hopefully they were just having fun with the McEwen cheerleaders and didn't realize the reflection it made.

At least 7 or 8. It was a little more than having "fun". That's also how trouble starts. However, for what it's worth, I cheered for Cascade, as did everyone else around me, during their game with Clarksville Academy.

At least 7 or 8. It was a little more than having "fun". That's also how trouble starts. However, for what it's worth, I cheered for Cascade, as did everyone else around me, during their game with Clarksville Academy.

I've made the journey over to Murfreesboro the last 3 years to cheer for your softball team in the State tourney. I've even picked some of them up to play with me during summer travel ball. Many of my Cascade players are good friends with your Forrest players after being able to play together. I also picked up some Shelbyville, Huntland, and Marshall County girls. I'm not one of those that will root against Forrest, just because... Glad to see you are not that way either.

There are many good folks in Chapel Hill and I have a few friends from McEwen I have met thru Football who are great people as well. Many great fans and people pull for Cascade also. All schools have good and bad fans. It's a given. Probably time to let this thread die in my opinion.

I've made the journey over to Murfreesboro the last 3 years to cheer for your softball team in the State tourney. I've even picked some of them up to play with me during summer travel ball. Many of my Cascade players are good friends with your Forrest players after being able to play together. I also picked up some Shelbyville, Huntland, and Marshall County girls. I'm not one of those that will root against Forrest, just because... Glad to see you are not that way either.

There are many good folks in Chapel Hill and I have a few friends from McEwen I have met thru Football who are great people as well. Many great fans and people pull for Cascade also. All schools have good and bad fans. It's a given. Probably time to let this thread die in my opinion.

I agree. And as for the racist remarks, fight, etc., a few fans from both schools were to blame.

Ok, I have read all the post over this "brawl" after much debate with myself I have finally decided to chime in. First of all it may shock some of you to know the bus driver of the pep bus IS a female. SHE was outside in the bus with her 11 year old son per the request of McEwen High Schools principal. (He didn't want our kids to cross paths with the other kids so he wanted the bus on the SIDE of the school.) When the kids that rode the pep bus began to come out of the school, the bus driver noticed 2 young men coming down the sidewalk. SHE says she couldn't hear them however she could see that one of them was yelling. At this point SHE blew her horn to get the attention (it didn't help, everyone was behind the school following a call made that there had been an altercation) of anyone around then exited the bus to get all her kids onto the bus. After getting the kids on the bus she could not get in the bus because the kids were still standing on the stairs. Some of the kids on the bus were yelling back at the boys, the driver told them to shut their mouths and close their windows. They did. At this point being the ONLY ADULT (FEMALE) outside other than the 2 young men coming down the sidewalk, the driver tells the boys they need to go away. The African American male then tells her "shut your mouth b***** and let those MFing P***Y'S off the bus. This is when her husband comes out of the school. He asked the boys to leave also, they tell him they are getting on the bus and they are going to whip everybody they can. 4 more kids join them then, and 1 of those boys starts grabbing the mans shirt pulling on him. He turned to the boy, moved his hand off of him and told all of them, " YOU need to go." That is when the African american male punched the man. THEN, they all went to the ground. More kids came from behind cars and around the bus. When the bus driver was FINALLY pushed out of the way, SHE and HER SON had already witnessed her husband taken down by 6 young men. Then more joined that crowd, and she still tried to keep all of those kids on the bus. When they came off they were all saying get them off of him. NOT Let's get them or anything close to fighting words. The driver then ran back to the school to find some other adults to help.

That being said, I am sure kids from both sides were saying things that should never have been said, I am sure things got out of hand. BUT I am also sure that the man you are all speaking of would never do the things you have decided to believe.

I can not let this thread die without letting all of you know, the man that you are all speaking of has helped so many people in our county in so many different ways. He is always there when anyone needs him, with never a complaint and would be offended if you tried to pay for his time or labor. He helps with the kids and their sports. This same man would never make a racial slur toward anyone, and I know that because most of the african americans in our county are either his family members or think of him as a friend. This is the same man, that after meeting the man that held him and his son at gun point about 4 years earlier, shook his hand and told him "it was okay everybody falls on hard times, I am just glad you are doing better and nobody got hurt that night."

Men like this man are very hard to find. He is truly a fine upstanding indiviual. To read some of the things on here stated about him hurt me. When I told him about it. His reply was "oh well, it doesn't really matter." I can't say that I agree. So, I had to stand up for him.