Region 5A Battles: District 9A VS District 10A

NeWbLuE

clarkville academy shouldn't have a problem with cascade short of a miracle but anything can happen... forrest vs. mcewen is gonna depend on forrest's deep shot. they've lived and died by the 3 for all postseason and so far they're still alive. so hopefully forrest can keep making them fall. if not, it could be a long ride home.

GO ROCKETS!!! :huh::roflol:

by the way, does anyone know if we're playing at white house or east robertson??? i've heard both all week. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forrest handled WHH pretty well tonight, now they need to carry momentum over for McEwen on Tues. Cascade got the win and will meet Clarksville Academy on Tues......was surprised at Eagleville's loss to McEwen, but tourney time, anything can happen!!! GO ROCKETS, get that W over McEwen!!!!! Y'all are ready!!!!!

Did you yell a lot tonight? :roflol:

Now Wingy........you know the answer to that one, don't you????? :huh: GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!! Oh and we play at East Robertson in Crossplains...was supposed to be WHH but their gym was too small to host Regions.

I am guilty of being an idiot then lawdog. I saw WHHeritage play McEwen two out of the 3 times they played this year and by the way the scores went throughout the year between Eagleville and Forrest and the other 9A teams AND the way the scores played out between 10A teams all year. It looked like I had the games pegged. I mean the score between McEwen and Heritage the last game was 30-28 Mc. So McEwen winning and WHHeritage taking the loss last night MAKES NO SENSE.

I give props to Mcewen...ok... and I sure am pulling for 10 A over 9A anyday. I dunno guess like Aunt Kim said anything can and will happen at tourament time. Just didn't happen for White House this yr.

Anybody for an all 10 A regional Chamionship!!

Forrest handled WHH pretty well tonight, now they need to carry momentum over for McEwen on Tues. Cascade got the win and will meet Clarksville Academy on Tues......was surprised at Eagleville's loss to McEwen, but tourney time, anything can happen!!! GO ROCKETS, get that W over McEwen!!!!! Y'all are ready!!!!!

Did you yell a lot tonight? :blink:

Now Wingy........you know the answer to that one, don't you????? :thumb: GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!! Oh and we play at East Robertson in Crossplains...was supposed to be WHH but their gym was too small to host Regions.

Uhh wingman I could hear her all the way across the court. Ya know how those loudmouth northerners are. But really... they didn't have much to yell at the refs about wink wink :thumb: good to see you again Auntie.

Yes the games will be AT East Robertson. Times?....dunno yet.

Took the drive home through Nolensville last night it was a change from the Interstate. Chapel hill and that whole area of Tennessese is Beautiful and how bout that full moon . We arrived last night a little early and visited the Henry Horton State park its nice too, did a drive through.

Heritage never wins big games,Petrone chokes again.

Who is this man to say that a coach chokes?? I want to see your resume. Heritage was predicted to finish 6th the last 2 years in the district, and some how his team finished 2nd during the season both times?? He also did this the last 2 years with only 1 senior starting on both of the teams. He has won a district tournament, 2 regular season championships, and been in the tournament championship 3 times. He did all of this in a matter of 7 years. And during that 7 years he has 2 losing season. Including one this year which his team finished 2nd during the season though. How do you have a losing season and still finish 2nd in your district? He also did not have one player play AAU over the summer like most of the kids from other teams do, and he still gets his kids to compete with any 1a team around. People may not like him but he is one of the best coaches around, 1a through 3a. You can say whatever you want grendal but he started a school from the bottom and has done a great job!

I never said he wasn't a good coach,in fact in a previous post I said that he was a good coach.Big games come and Heritage loses,that's a fact.He loses in championship games and region games because his players never have any freedom which leads to playing with no confidence.I can guarentee you I go farther back with coach Petrone than just about anyone else,if you want an example of a coach that gets the most out of his talent and lets the kids play look at coach Ross at Mcewen.

Petrone has a losing record in the district tournament dating back to 03/04,he has one region victory.CA has 5 region wins,Mcewen 2,ER 4,NC 6,HC 0,and JB doesn't have any either.CA and NC have brought their programs up from the very bottom,the only reason Petrone has the respect that he has is his resume,it's definitely not based on results.

Petrone has done very well with the cards he has been delt. Most of the time in the tough games that mean the most you can see the Senior leadership and experience take over in those championship or Tournament games. For some reason there is never more than one or two senors on any of the last 6 or 7 WHHeritage teams. The team Next year will be loaded with experience so time will tell. Grendal some of your points are well taken though.

Who wins the next two games at East Robertson..??

Clarksville Academy goes on a 33-9 run to end the game and win by 21 points to defeat Cascade. Clarksville Academy dominated the game for the most part until cascade went on a scoring run to go up 3, but after that the cougars had had enough and hit a 3 to tie it. After that Clarksville Academy went on a 33-9 run to knock Cascade out of the tournament. Great game. Can't wait til the championship game. Go 10a!