BGA AD?

Letsplayball

out of curiosity, why do fans of BGA feel they should drop down to a lower division in football? What's different about BGA compared to other schools in their division, specifically the other coed schools--BA, Baylor, Ryan, and Ensworth? Where does this mentality come from that they would be better off in the division with Webb and others?

I have been around BGA for years, and remember state championships in '60, '66, and great teams in the 70's when BGA played in the top classifications. I think BGA needs to grow a pair.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

out of curiosity, why do fans of BGA feel they should drop down to a lower division in football? What's different about BGA compared to other schools in their division, specifically the other coed schools--BA, Baylor, Ryan, and Ensworth? Where does this mentality come from that they would be better off in the division with Webb and others?

I have been around BGA for years, and remember state championships in '60, '66, and great teams in the 70's when BGA played in the top classifications. I think BGA needs to grow a pair.

Thank You!!!!!

Did you guys really hire Marty euverard has your football head coach?

Yes, why?

Oh boy are you guys in for a treat!!Wait i tell you what...just google his name..read what he has said himself,also read about what happened at jefferson county and clarksdale....Just dont say you were not warned.

Did you guys really hire Marty euverard has your football head coach?

Yes, why?

Oh boy are you guys in for a treat!!Wait i tell you what...just google his name..read what he has said himself,also read about what happened at jefferson county and clarksdale....Just dont say you were not warned.

Everyone knows that Marty tried to go back home to East Tennessee and things didn't workout for him. Everyone should also know that Marty won a state title @ Oakland before leaving for Jefferson County. Could some of the problem have been that the people at Jefferson County were not willing to pay the price to be successful? Winning a state championship takes a major sacrifice from the whole community not just a few individuals. When school board members want to help call the shots in football it becomes very difficult for a TEAM to be successful. Most of the time those same school board members were lucky if they were successful high school football players much less have the same success that Marty did playing for Boots Donnley @ Middle Tennessee State.

It could also be that BGA is just a better fit for Marty and his family. Maybe the Jefferson County athletic department should make a phone call to the new BGA athletic director Robert Jemison and try to get a home & away with BGA! That way everyone from Jefferson County can show Marty how strong their football program is now.

his first year as a (hc) he won STATE ...thats true!and I or anyone else can't take anything away from it.He was the HC and he gets the credit for that BIG win.He also gets full credit for when He said "MTSU was stupid" for not playing him at QB<<

Did Marty used to beat you up and take your lunch money or something?

We used to play against Marty's teams at Oakland. They were always well prepared, disciplined, and played hard. You can't be as successful as Marty has been if you are such a bad coach. He's a great X's and O's guy. Maybe Jeff Co. does not deserve somebody like Marty. I haven't really heard or seen anything out them in the last few years anyway. He's been at BGA as OC for a few years so why hasn't Jefferson County improved? Was it really the coaching or negativity like dvp spews.

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously you are not up to date on BGA athletics and unaware Smith had been dismissed from bball coaching duties. Please stop putting down these kids and commenting on something you know nothing about. I can assure you that there is more than enough talent returning next season to compete with the teams you mentioned. And not withstanding how good a person Gary Smith is, a new coach can turn things around quickly on the hardcourt.

Running off Coach Smith shows the same lack of good intentions that firing Coach Moore showed. The people that made BGA great are all either retiring, being fired, or being pushed to the side. And if the administration were looking out for even a sliver of the students' interests, they would move down. Trying to keep up with the flashiness of BA and EHS shows the same white collar mentality that has infected that school throughout.

his first year as a (hc) he won STATE ...thats true!and I or anyone else can't take anything away from it.He was the HC and he gets the credit for that BIG win.He also gets full credit for when He said "MTSU was stupid" for not playing him at QB<<

Coach U is easily one of the most intellectual football coaches in the state. The turnaround the past few years can be placed squarely on him. You also use punctuation like a chick.

Yall be talking nonsense. tsk tsk

"If Jeff Co is full of dvp's who can blame him for leaving?

Did Marty used to beat you up and take your lunch money or something?Was it really the coaching or negativity like dvp spews. Maybe the Jefferson County athletic department should make a phone call to the new BGA athletic director Robert Jemison and try to get a home & away with BGA! That way everyone from Jefferson County can show Marty how strong their football program is now.Yall be talking nonsense. tsk tsk"

I thought a would paraphrase the responses to my post about the facts about Marty's coaching record.I find it interesting that none of the highly intelligent ,educated and good people associated with the esteemed BGA program have found these facts troubling.There seems to be no arguement about anything that I posted.The only arguement is that I had the nerve to post it. This blind devotion is similar to what happened at JCHS..at least at first.My initial response is to attack back at you guys and tell you that you will get what you deserve.But after remembering all the players that had their football dreams shattered .I have decided that It is best to wish you well. :huh:

I thought a would paraphrase the responses to my post about the facts about Marty's coaching record.I find it interesting that none of the highly intelligent ,educated and good people associated with the esteemed BGA program have found these facts troubling.There seems to be no arguement about anything that I posted.The only arguement is that I had the nerve to post it. This blind devotion is similar to what happened at JCHS..at least at first.My initial response is to attack back at you guys and tell you that you will get what you deserve.But after remembering all the players that had their football dreams shattered .I have decided that It is best to wish you well. :)

Learn how to spell "argument"

And seeing as he brought my class as close to our goals as he possibly could, I am going to go ahead and assume the players that could not handle his coaching at Jefferson County are soft and spoiled (more so than kids from a Williamson County private school...which is pathetic). If pushing players to their full potential, starting the best players available no matter how unpopular the choice may be with parents (started a QB in '07 that had basically never played varsity over the Sr. incumbent which led to a 14-7 record the next two years compared to 3-17 the two years prior) and expecting them to fully commit to the team and his scheme is a sin, then yes, he is the Dark Lord. But for normal people that want to win, it was fun to be coached by him; be it in practice, film, or a game. And he is realllly funny. So there is your argument.

And it didn't take any nerve to post something about a former coach that you have a childish grudge against. Grow up.