BGA AD?

Letsplayball

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter who they hire as their AD. The first move they need to make is to move down to DII-Class A. There is no point to them attempting to compete in AA, when it is obvious that they would be much better served in the smaller division. That would help the athletic program more than anything.

It doesn't matter who they hire as their AD. The first move they need to make is to move down to DII-Class A. There is no point to them attempting to compete in AA, when it is obvious that they would be much better served in the smaller division. That would help the athletic program more than anything.

Why does everyone feel that the easy road is the best road? Give Marty the support he needs and BGA will be very successful in football.

Robert Jemison is a good hire for BGA. The families and administration will love him. Will Robert coach wrestling along with being the athletic director? If so the wrestling program will get much better in a short period of time.

Why does everyone feel that the easy road is the best road? Give Marty the support he needs and BGA will be very successful in football.

Robert Jemison is a good hire for BGA. The families and administration will love him. Will Robert coach wrestling along with being the athletic director? If so the wrestling program will get much better in a short period of time.

I don't think that the easy road is always the best road. I just think BGA would be better served to compete against schools they used to compete with. It would be a win-win for both. BGA could get back to playing Davidson, DCA, Ezell, Knox Webb, etc and it would be better for the division. It doesn't do justice to the students competing to not have a chance to win against the likes of MBA, Ensworth, BA, etc.

I don't think that the easy road is always the best road. I just think BGA would be better served to compete against schools they used to compete with. It would be a win-win for both. BGA could get back to playing Davidson, DCA, Ezell, Knox Webb, etc and it would be better for the division. It doesn't do justice to the students competing to not have a chance to win against the likes of MBA, Ensworth, BA, etc.

So BGA doesn't have a chance to win against teams in their division? Last season they defeated MBA, McCallie, and JPII. The only games they were not in were Ensworth and BA. Last year's team had a sophomore as overall team MVP and another sophomore defensive MVP. They played more freshmen and sophomores than juniors and seniors. They will have more depth and size than in previous years.

Jemison is a great hire and will coach wrestling and track. Now he needs to hire a basketball coach. I would love to see Ronnie Mcmahan offered the job.

So BGA doesn't have a chance to win against teams in their division? Last season they defeated MBA, McCallie, and JPII. The only games they were not in were Ensworth and BA. Last year's team had a sophomore as overall team MVP and another sophomore defensive MVP. They played more freshmen and sophomores than juniors and seniors. They will have more depth and size than in previous years.

Jemison is a great hire and will coach wrestling and track. Now he needs to hire a basketball coach. I would love to see Ronnie Mcmahan offered the job.

Hire a basketball coach? You do realize that Gary Smith is one of the most respected coaches in the area. The guy had an undefeated team and won a state title. He beat Goodpasture with Mercer, Maddux, and Sam Howard on the same team. The reason they can't compete in basketball isn't his fault. And no, I don't think BGA can compete in basketball in their own division unless they find some players from Franklin and Columbia middle schools. That is the difference between them and the BA's, Ensworth, and MBA's of their division. A new coach might bring a change in philosophy, but unless the athletic department is on board with the administration, it doesn't matter who the coach is....

Hire a basketball coach? You do realize that Gary Smith is one of the most respected coaches in the area. The guy had an undefeated team and won a state title. He beat Goodpasture with Mercer, Maddux, and Sam Howard on the same team. The reason they can't compete in basketball isn't his fault. And no, I don't think BGA can compete in basketball in their own division unless they find some players from Franklin and Columbia middle schools. That is the difference between them and the BA's, Ensworth, and MBA's of their division. A new coach might bring a change in philosophy, but unless the athletic department is on board with the administration, it doesn't matter who the coach is....

Obviously you are not up to date on BGA athletics and unaware Smith had been dismissed from bball coaching duties. Please stop putting down these kids and commenting on something you know nothing about. I can assure you that there is more than enough talent returning next season to compete with the teams you mentioned. And not withstanding how good a person Gary Smith is, a new coach can turn things around quickly on the hardcourt.

you are not up to date on BGA athletics and unaware Smith had been dismissed from bball coaching duties. Please stop putting down these kids and commenting on something you know nothing about. I can assure you that there is more than enough talent returning next season to compete with the teams you mentioned. And not withstanding how good a person Gary Smith is, a new coach can turn things around quickly on the hardcourt.

Considering it just went public today, I was unaware that Coach Smith had be released from his duties. That being said, why would you replace a 2-time state champion coach that has been at your school for 36 years? Quite frankly, its absurd. If there is enough talent, why would you not give him the opportunity to turn it around. I think he would be more than qualified. I can assure you I've watch Gary Smith's teams and even the least talented ones competed and were well-coached. I'm sure with the new AD, they just want some new blood. And I still don't think BGA is on BA's, MBA's, and Ensworth's level of commitment when it comes to athletics.

• 2 weeks later...