Hixson Playday

oolowl

I mean no offense by this, but I'd hate to think we don't finish at least somewhere in the middle of that pack? Brainerd? Howard? I mean I know we're young and all but c'mon fellas! But seriously.....I'm assuming you mean District 6. How bout 7? I only got to see Sequatchie play. I like the new coach at Bledsoe, seems like a good guy and wants to win. Grundy I don't have a clue and it sounds like CCS played well. Anybody see those guys?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean no offense by this, but I'd hate to think we don't finish at least somewhere in the middle of that pack? Brainerd? Howard? I mean I know we're young and all but c'mon fellas! But seriously.....I'm assuming you mean District 6. How bout 7? I only got to see Sequatchie play. I like the new coach at Bledsoe, seems like a good guy and wants to win. Grundy I don't have a clue and it sounds like CCS played well. Anybody see those guys?

Saw sequatchie play they looked solid. their third baseman impressed me along with their pitching staff. looks like they will be solid as always. i also saw hixson play CCS. CCS beat Hixson surprisingly. Hixson couldn't touch their pitcher philip something. heard Grundy is doing well never saw them play though.

Sequatchie played alot of young guys because sevaeral starters and potential starters were still in Basketball. One Senior starter Brandon Dykes is out for the year (broken foot), he will certainly be missed. Over all we played decent we just need more practice without SNOW. :roflol:

;) OK now, be serious!

I am serious. If you think differently then "man up" and post yours. We will visit this again at the end of the season.

It is a little early to tell how well these teams will play but I find it hard to believe that East Hamiliton will come in 2nd place. I may be wrong but I SERIOUSLY doubt it! We will see, EH... good luck!!! By the way, why doesn't EH play Grace? They are close to each other and have yet to meet. Saw EH this weekend, all I can say is who picked out those green hats...they looked almost neon in the sun! I guess they will always standout!

It is a little early to tell how well these teams will play but I find it hard to believe that East Hamiliton will come in 2nd place. I may be wrong but I SERIOUSLY doubt it! We will see, EH... good luck!!! By the way, why doesn't EH play Grace? They are close to each other and have yet to meet. Saw EH this weekend, all I can say is who picked out those green hats...they looked almost neon in the sun! I guess they will always standout!

Well my number two pick may be a little optimistic in thinking, but after what a lot of these kids have been through with playing football and basketball in one of the toughest districts, I think they are ready to work harder in a sport where they have a chance to be competitive. However, I just learned yesterday we are going to be down another starting pitcher and big stick after a freak on-field accident Saturday night. Coach Garland is doing a great job with everything he is having to deal with. (i.e.. No field, no seniors, weather, players who have never played together before, etc.)

I myself would love to see an EH vs Grace game. I know a lot of these kids, from both schools, played their rec league years at East Brainerd. Maybe Grace can get in our tournament so we can play against each other. As far as the green hats go... they kind of grow on you after about the fourth game. lol

Good luck to you all as well and lets just hope neither team loses anymore players to injury.

Well my number two pick may be a little optimistic in thinking, but after what a lot of these kids have been through with playing football and basketball in one of the toughest districts, I think they are ready to work harder in a sport where they have a chance to be competitive. However, I just learned yesterday we are going to be down another starting pitcher and big stick after a freak on-field accident Saturday night. Coach Garland is doing a great job with everything he is having to deal with. (i.e.. No field, no seniors, weather, players who have never played together before, etc.)

I myself would love to see an EH vs Grace game. I know a lot of these kids, from both schools, played their rec league years at East Brainerd. Maybe Grace can get in our tournament so we can play against each other. As far as the green hats go... they kind of grow on you after about the fourth game. lol

Good luck to you all as well and lets just hope neither team loses anymore players to injury.

Nothing wrong w/ being optimistic! Hate to hear about the accident Sat. night, what happened. I know how hard it is to try and compete w/ a young team. Good luck to your players and hope to see ya soon on the field! Hopefully this last snow is our last and warmer days are ahead!

It was simply one of those times when two players go for the same ball. They did not collide but it made one kid catch himself awkwardly as he was going to the ground and tore a ligament in his throwing hand.

I always hate to hear about any kid getting injured. I've always heard that tearing a ligament is worse than breaking a bone. Hopefully he is an underclassman and has another year or 2 to play. Hope the best for him and your team!

It was simply one of those times when two players go for the same ball. They did not collide but it made one kid catch himself awkwardly as he was going to the ground and tore a ligament in his throwing hand.

I always hate to hear about any kid getting injured. I've always heard that tearing a ligament is worse than breaking a bone. Hopefully he is an underclassman and has another year or 2 to play. Hope the best for him and your team!

Thanks! Good luck to you all as well.

Canes are gonna be OK this year. They made a good showing against both Walker Valley and Bradley Co. this past weekend. I would imagine that when the season starts, you will see that Garland has them where he thinks they should be. Too bad about Ungos getting hurt, heard he's having surgery and will miss the season. Thats a big loss of a good solid player, pitcher and consistent bat. There is a couple of others on the disabled list....hope they will be ready come season start. But look for good things from this team....