Unicoi Lady Devils

uchsbball

2009-2010

BASKETBALL

July 27, 2009 – Aug. 15, 2009 Dead Period

Aug. 17, 2009 – Oct. 23, 2009 Weight training, conditioning and open facilities permitted.

Oct. 26, 2009 Practice begins.

End of season until completion of three weeks (21 consecutive days) – Dead Period

End of Dead Period until end of school – Weight training, conditioning, open facilities permitted.

Five days of off-season practice permitted.

End of school until June 26, 2010 15 days of practice permitted, 10 of which may involve

competition

June 27, 2010 – July 10, 2010 Dead Period

July 11, 2010 – July 25, 2010 Weight training and conditioning permitted. No open

facilities and no practice.

entire sports calendar and specifics on all sports can be found through the tssaa website.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it's highly unlikely that all of the above mentioned coaches will even apply. And I would say it is highly likely many names not on that list will apply, especially from outside the system.

Once it opens and we see who actually does throw their names in the hat, it may be a little easier to speculate. Although I do think that it will not be even close to clear until it is officially announced.

As bad as I hate it, my guess is that we will probably end up hiring Kenneth Chambers, assuming he applies. Even though the baggage is there, he has proven he can win at a high level. Hopefully we can trust all of our elementary principals to disable their gym cameras during the spring and summer for him. :thumb:

As bad as I hate it, my guess is that we will probably end up hiring Kenneth Chambers, assuming he applies. Even though the baggage is there, he has proven he can win at a high level. Hopefully we can trust all of our elementary principals to disable their gym cameras during the spring and summer for him. :thumb:

If Kenneth Chambers applies, and if hired, the Lady Blue Devils will get a man of integrity, a man of high character, and a man who did nothing wrong. The obvious fact that just after dismissing him at Unaka, the same County placed him in charge at Hunter, where his team went (I think) 26-2.

Simply put, Unicoi County would be replacing one great coach with another.

You were there, right? I wasn't, but I think Unicoi County and Science Hill, indeed, were the losses.

Teresa Taylor was the Girls' coach. Kenneth helped as much as possible. It's worth noting that

a few (and I think it was four) players from the 08-09 Hunter team, after Hunter was left, at least temporarily, without a coach, transferred and played at Unaka Elementary. As a result, I think Hunter started three sixth-graders, along with one seventh and one eighth-grader. Those Ladies finished third in Region. An outstanding job, actually, by Teresa, and to the extent to which he would accept credit, Kenneth.

yes i happened to be there that night....think the score was 29-28 vs. unicoi....positive it was a 1 point game and was early in year. i actually had a referee tell me later in the year about how improved hunter's girls were from the first of the year. was very impressed with the effort and execution of hunter boys the game i saw. only sore spot of the nite was the unaka high school junior basketball player trying to pick a fight with erwin 8th grade player after the game. i dont know kenneth personally other than thru coaching and some "old man" pickup leagues but he has had success and im sure that he will break back through at the high school level at some point. this could be it, if he applies, or it could be on down the road but i'm sure it'll happen. word is that a lot of local jobs, boys and girls, could be opening up soon. lots of opportunities on the horizon for local coaches looking to make a move.

yes i happened to be there that night....think the score was 29-28 vs. unicoi....positive it was a 1 point game and was early in year. i actually had a referee tell me later in the year about how improved hunter's girls were from the first of the year. was very impressed with the effort and execution of hunter boys the game i saw. only sore spot of the nite was the unaka high school junior basketball player trying to pick a fight with erwin 8th grade player after the game. i dont know kenneth personally other than thru coaching and some "old man" pickup leagues but he has had success and im sure that he will break back through at the high school level at some point. this could be it, if he applies, or it could be on down the road but i'm sure it'll happen. word is that a lot of local jobs, boys and girls, could be opening up soon. lots of opportunities on the horizon for local coaches looking to make a move.

I have heard that kenneth is going to Happy Valley to replace Godsey. Anyone else hear this??? Anyone have any information on this???