Recruiting???

coachdub65

ahhh, tex23... you're just bothered that I am one of two others on this board who really know who you are, how old you are, where you went to HS and how you did on the mat. You also hate that you can't physically be here to witness the rumors you run across. Hang in there ol Tex! BTW - did you make it to state this year?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dave,,,,

I do not think many do not know that I went to Bradley many years ago.....the state secret is now out! Or that I have lived in Texas from many years either (check the screen name for a clue).

I am not mad,,,,you are just a complete idiot in your post about always trying to tie something to that program when you hear anything.

It would be like me trying to tie anything a coach might get accused of in their program and then saying, "Hey sommers, this is reminiscent of your brother losing his job for being insubordinate at Blackman and not even being able to complete one season", when that comment has not one thing to do with the subject.

Stevie bou Tex,

YOU ARE MAD! You take the prize for the least pertinent post, on this thread anyway. Obviously it bothers you that I have always known you are trying to play referee some 13 hours south of here. I never took sides like your suggesting and accusing coach Logsdon of doing anyrhin wrong. (IMHO - it begins with parents and sometimes the boys themselves).

As far as your personal attack of my intelligence and my own brother, who you may apparently know more details about,,, I am a fan of anyone who stands up for proper facilities and conditions for our boys. May he be appreciated for the motive and not thrown under the bus for the means to get there.

Looking forward to your Golden and probably more personal response. I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!

It doesn't matter if parents talked to these coaches first or not, if that's the way it happened. The TSSAA clarified their vague guidelines on such situations-coaches asked about their programs by parents, how a particular student would fit in on the roster, etc, are to refer the parents to the school. A formal admission process, at the school, must take place for the parents to continue athletic-related conversations with the coach(es). That for public and private schools both.

To avoid the appearance of impropriety, a coach who is contacted by any student or family or individual about attending a school where he or she is the coach should inform that person that he or she needs to contact the administrative official or officials of the school who normally deal with the admissions process.

And speaking of parents, I took this as it being a no-no for parents/fans to be recruiting.

Athletic recruiting is the use of influence on a student or the parents or guardians of a student, by any person(s) directly or indirectly associated with the school, to secure or retain a student for athletic purposes.

dave,,,,

I do not think many do not know that I went to Bradley many years ago.....the state secret is now out! Or that I have lived in Texas from many years either (check the screen name for a clue).

I am not mad,,,,you are just a complete idiot in your post about always trying to tie something to that program when you hear anything.

It would be like me trying to tie anything a coach might get accused of in their program and then saying, "Hey sommers, this is reminiscent of your brother losing his job for being insubordinate at Blackman and not even being able to complete one season", when that comment has not one thing to do with the subject.

oh T-Rex23 - while u r still stewing over your Golden response, why don't u call Garrick Hall over at Hickson (as u like 2 spell it) and ask what he thinks of his former asst. and team mate? After all the talent that he has right in Hixson/middle V qlley that HAS switched over to Soddy, RB and elsewhere, he has a right to keep as many of his youngin's as close to home as possible.

Indian's right... but y don't you go enforce it or better yet, have T Rex who knows all from 750 miles away do it.

Recruiting from my old stomping grounds still...?. Things seem like they never change.

oh T-Rex23 - while u r still stewing over your Golden response, why don't u call Garrick Hall over at Hickson (as u like 2 spell it) and ask what he thinks of his former asst. and team mate? After all the talent that he has right in Hixson/middle V qlley that HAS switched over to Soddy, RB and elsewhere, he has a right to keep as many of his youngin's as close to home as possible.

Indian's right... but y don't you go enforce it or better yet, have T Rex who knows all from 750 miles away do it.

Recruiting from my old stomping grounds still...?. Things seem like they never change.

Soms......you are too funny, in a kind of retarded way, like when you see a youngster drop his ice cream cone and then he picks it up and eats it.

Just to help your feeble mind out, I never said anything about recruiting being okay, I have only said no one on here has had first hand knowledge of what even happened with some coaches in ND gear talking to some kids parents (who it now sounds like the kids must belong to Hickson for some reason).

If Hixon is losing wrestlers to other schools, maybe an investigation as to why they are leaving is in order.

On asking the current coach about his assistant or whatever it is you are trying to say, I do not care. But it may do some good for the administrator at Blackman to talk with the coach, 'cause he seems to have one particular view that could use some adjustment (at least according to the local media).

Now soms, is playing this "reminiscent" game as much fun as it seems when it is about your high school?

the kids in question did not actually "belong" to Hixson. They currently attend Tyner and word was that they are going to CSAS next year.

and they werent just coaches with ND gear, they were the ND coaches, and they went to talk to the kids first.

Tex,

I knew that I could inspire a little more personal reaction or even insult from you...

You are showing about as much commonsense as our old Brickhousechick from The Bear den, who I now know and have spoken to in great detail surprisingly since 2001 (did not know then obviously).

Maybe you'll find this even more fun considering you seem to talk out of both sides of your mouth on whether recruiting is a matter of principle or not and whether to support BC's coach Logsdon...

As a result of your posted link and agreeable comments below,,, Your Bradley Alum may not be so happy with you and your subtle attacks, which the following appears was stirred up a while ago to slight coach Logsdon...

NAME OF THREAD: And now the topic goes off the boards and into mainstream

by texas23 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:31 am

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_164863

TEX... MAY I ASK... WHAT WAS YOUR PURPOSE IN POSTING THIS STORY?

------------------------------------------

by bloss44 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:50 am

Personally, Tennessee should go to a format similar to California's and have a masters tournament. This way The best will show up and it will help our state's credibility across the country. With that being said, I am a huge fan of Coach Henry and his attitude toward wrestling everyone.Top

by MWR » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Just about every coach wants their athletes to compete against the best teams to bring the best out of themselves and if given the opportunity, they'll schedule any team... Except the coach mentioned in the link I suppose...Top

by Raider76 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:24 pm

Coaches all have the right to wrestle who they want. That being said Steve Henry is my Hero! He has taken on the best in the area for as long as i can remember an had his share of the wins. I have often heard some of his former wrestlers brag that they were never beaten by a Baylor or McCallie kid. They obviously felt Pride in getting to compete and win against wrestlers not in their division.Top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by DaisyMay » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:39 pm

That's a good point. However, I'd wager that those Bear wrestlers might just feel a little pride themselves. Have you ever seen the stats that Bradley has put together the last twenty or so years? Love it or hate it, no team in any sport in Tennessee history can claim nineteen State Championships, not to mention being State Runner-up seven or eight times! They have tested themselves in the Va. Duals 3 or 4 times, and I think have placed every time. They've also sent young men to wrestle at schools such as Duke, Princeton, Columbia, Nebraska, West Va.,etc. They're obviously doing something right with regard to practice, technique, scheduling or whatever!Top

TEX... DID YOU GIVE YOUR SO CALLED BEARS ANY SUPPORT HERE????

by texas23 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:48 pm

All those Bears can say they never got beat by a Baylor or McCallie kid.

Seriously though, I agree with Raider76, the coach has the prerogative to put or not put a team on their schedule.

AHHH, MAYBE NOT...

TEX - TO ME, IT'S CLEAR... I BELIEVE YOU WERE SOMEWHAT SERIOUS.

YOU TOOK A JAB ON WHAT BC WRESTLERS FAILED TO DO (BY OMISSION) AND WITH SARCASM AND THEN SUBTLETY TOOK ANOTHER JAB AT LOGSDON and against "principle" he has stood for.

Now send me even more direct jabs, you don't have to sugar coat it. :lol:

If Hixon is losing wrestlers to other schools, maybe an investigation as to why they are leaving is in order.

?

You'd have to get the superintendent and school board's input too but that's a totally different topic than wrestling. The last enrollment I saw for Hixson was about 750, not too long ago they were among the largest schools in Class AA and now they're in the middle of the pack. I am pretty sure 10 years ago they had about 1100. It's not just athletes who previously would have been there not attending, it's students in general.

it definately is, i remember just a couple of years ago, we had about 900 something students

it was over 1100 in the late 70's.

this is odd. I've never known Tex23 to be at a loss of words. He comes across as conservative on other areas of these boards, but his approach on this topic can be more in a liberal tactic... label, avoid and sidestep the real issues. I know he's reading these becuse he told me himself he will choose the "hide" button when he signs on.

Tex, we just havin fun in my view!! nothing personal intended and i know you have thicker skin than brickhousechick.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• With Westview only losing one senior and returning Sims, they have to be one of the favorites in AA
    • Watched Westview at McKenzie Thursday and they surprised me. Without Evans (who was sick) and Brent (who had thumb surgery shortly after getting back from her ankle injury), they looked solid. I didn’t realize Gray from SF had transferred in. You have Sims, Gray, Brent, Trevathan, and Evans and that’s a solid 5. Then, you bring in Hayden and Rogers off the bench along with some other upcoming and they will be tough again this year!
    • Hmmmmmm doe dee doe doe……sounds like they are leaving Geenback faster than the lawnmower will go in fifth gear.  Hmmmm….. you can bet the lawnmower on that. 
    • West looked solid...excited to see this young group excel
    • When you have a school that right at 200 kids only half are going to be male and to get 25% of them to come out for football is a very hard task. Take away an 8th grade syatem and your you have another hill to climb up. If 5 kids are actually leaving your not going to have enough for practice. Your only chances for wins would be against the weakest of weak teams. At one time Greenback had kids coming across the wall like the Mexican Border and now their leaving town before sundown. A hugh mistake was made on not hiring Ryan back because of his ties to the community and his ability to bring in the right kids, not run them off. The last coach failed because he wasn't one of community so they go out and do it again. I'm sure Coach Clemmer is a good person because I do know people that do like him but he is caught in the middle of a fan base that will not support him no matter what and it could lead to a disaster if that many kids are leaving the program. The person that caused all of this mess has no business on the school board and needs to stick with hiding in the bushes giving out speeding tickets to out of towners coming through.