Region 8AAA at Central

knoxbball

sounds like our work is cut out for us. all ive heard is joe jackson since going to state 2 years ago. average height for melrose & ws? i say this way too often, but i like our chances in newbern. mccord pulls it together and finds a way to win with our guys. wish i couldve met ya tonight terop! another great week of basketball in west tn!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like our work is cut out for us. all ive heard is joe jackson since going to state 2 years ago. average height for melrose & ws? i say this way too often, but i like our chances in newbern. mccord pulls it together and finds a way to win with our guys. wish i couldve met ya tonight terop! another great week of basketball in west tn!

Brutal I was there sitting close to scores table. I arrived around 5:20 with DC's side filling in with the other side empty...Before I know it I was surrounded by NS fans...

Great Job White Station. Joe Did what he does. He was is deff in a Zone. He even embarrassed Black on a fast break,. I have no clue why Black jumped. U just knew at the end Joe was going to win it. But I give the game ball to Nino. He out Played Black. When black got the ball in the post he looked lost going up against the taller player. Nino scored and rebounded. In game 2. Southwind came out on fire. Every player that took a 3 hit it. Melrose is battle tested now so they did not fold. Eventually Southwind's shots started falling short and Melrose started converting. Melrose ran off to a 20 point lead but southwind went on a run late in the 3rd. 4th Melrose was just too much Chris Jones. Jones was unstoppable. Scored at will. Southwind is a great shooting team but for crying out loud U got to post that big kid sometime. They did not play outside in they played outside outside then outside. Game Ball chris Jones he was on another level.

Thanks for the updates, everybody! :roll:

-----------------------------------------------

Kudos to White Station and Melrose!

While I felt very strongly that Melrose and Ridgeway were the two best teams in the City, I have to give White Station a lot of credit for winning the BIG game!

White Station's Joe Jackson has that KILLER INSTINCT that makes his team very difficult to beat, in close games! Now that they have survived Memphis' most lethal "meat grinder" (Dist 15 & 16), White Station will be especially difficult to eliminate.

As for Melrose.....well, all of the above goes "double" for Melrose. They are finally clicking on all cylinders and doing precisely what most everyone expected this ultra-talented team to do -- dominate the opponent!

As for Southwind....as someone suggested a few days ago: live by the 3-pointer; die by the 3-pointer...... No surprise or shame in losing to Melrose, though.

i know melrose and white station are good. and it should be a great one thursday night at central. but can someone give me an accurate description of both teams so i know just exactly what were up against on monday? main names i hear are rucker & jackson.

BrutalChoctaw,

To be completely honest with you, it really is not going to matter whether your team plays Melrose or White Station.....at Dyer County or in Memphis! Dyer County (and J. North Side) is guaranteed to have its hands MORE full (by far) with either of these two teams, than they ever did against Cordova and/or Craigmont!

For the record, I mean no absolutely disrespect towards Cordova and Craigmont. Those teams are plain and simple.....a clear notch or two below Melrose and White Station, especially Melrose.

Melrose and White Station (along with the departed Ridgdeway, Central and Southwind) are both Nationally and road-tested, elite teams with all the components necessary to win the State Championship. In addition, both have proven to play very well in hostile conditions and win the big games, versus other elite teams.

No disrespect to Dyer County (or Jackson Northside)....Realistically speaking -- if the truth is to be told: Dyer County is literally going to have to play a near-perfect game, IMHO, in order to beat either White Station or Melrose.

Let me make my position clear: I am not saying that it is impossible for Dyer County to defeat White Station and/or Melrose; I'm simply saying that your chances of defeating either of these two teams is considerably less than it was aginst Cordova and/or Craigmont, no matter how you slice it...

-----------------------------------

Any team can be beaten on any given night. Therefore, NO team has the luxury of thinking that they can just show up and....BAM-- automatic victory!

Let the Sub-State games hurry up and begin.

i know melrose and white station are good. and it should be a great one thursday night at central. but can someone give me an accurate description of both teams so i know just exactly what were up against on monday? main names i hear are rucker & jackson.

BrutalChoctaw,

To be completely honest with you, it really is not going to matter whether your team plays Melrose or White Station.....at Dyer County or in Memphis! Dyer County (and J. North Side) is guaranteed to have its hands MORE full (by far) with either of these two teams, than they ever did against Cordova and/or Craigmont!

For the record, I mean no absolutely disrespect towards Cordova and Craigmont. Those teams are plain and simple.....a clear notch or two below Melrose and White Station, especially Melrose.

Melrose and White Station (along with the departed Ridgdeway, Central and Southwind) are both Nationally and road-tested, elite teams with all the components necessary to win the State Championship. In addition, both have proven to play very well in hostile conditions and win the big games, versus other elite teams.

No disrespect to Dyer County (or Jackson Northside)....Realistically speaking -- if the truth is to be told: Dyer County is literally going to have to play a near-perfect game, IMHO, in order to beat either White Station or Melrose.

Let me make my position clear: I am not saying that it is impossible for Dyer County to defeat White Station and/or Melrose; I'm simply saying that your chances of defeating either of these two teams is considerably less than it was aginst Cordova and/or Craigmont, no matter how you slice it...

-----------------------------------

Any team can be beaten on any given night. Therefore, NO team has the luxury of thinking that they can just show up and....BAM-- automatic victory!

Let the Sub-State games hurry up and begin.

Trader I agree totally, but if DC can win Thursday and bring that short ref with them they will be hard to beat. Melrose aggressive play will be called for foul after foul...lol

im not underestimating either team. i know it will be difficult either way. not runnin my mouth as i did a few years ago about us and liberty, i understand now how deep some of these teams are with talent and that a perfect game is necessary. im just along for the ride. lookin forward to 2 great ones thursday and monday, and hopin for a few more! definitely looking forward to seeing ws or melrose play.

Trader I agree totally, but if DC can win Thursday and bring that short ref with them they will be hard to beat. Melrose aggressive play will be called for foul after foul...lol

Terop,

What's the deal with this "short ref" and Dyer County -- can you shed some light on it, so that we can understand?

Thanks. :?

i dont think that dyer county has the power to win against either unless the refs get involved as bad as they were during bolton game. it was awful.

What specifically did these refs do, during the Bolton game? :?

---------------------------------------------------

I'm starting to get a verrrrrry funny feeling about this "short ref" dude, as it related to Dyer County!

Heck, one DC poster even said earlier about this same ref -- that he calls a lot of DC games.

Something is really starting to stink here, where this one ref is concerned!

The little short ref? I wonder who that could be??? I think I have an idea of which one they are talking about... and not to mention that little short ref is the same one that called a Tech on Ced for "hanging on the rim" during the Dyer Co./ Northside game at Dyer Co. (District Championship)... yeah, the short ref is a PURE Dyer Co. LOVER! HAHAHAHA!!!!! :?