Cannon County stuns Upperman in OT...

woodvegas

Central may have the better team, but last night Polk was. For the first time in who knows when, Polk came out not intimidated and took the game to Central. Polk controlled the game from the opening tip. Suprisingly, Central looked like the timid team that was playin not to lose. But, Polk deserves some of the credit for that. Both teams should be very proud. Combined 7 losses between the 2. Good luck to both teams Saturday night, especially Polk, and hopefully both can make it to the 'Boro....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central may have the better team, but last night Polk was. For the first time in who knows when, Polk came out not intimidated and took the game to Central. Polk controlled the game from the opening tip. Suprisingly, Central looked like the timid team that was playin not to lose. But, Polk deserves some of the credit for that. Both teams should be very proud. Combined 7 losses between the 2. Good luck to both teams Saturday night, especially Polk, and hopefully both can make it to the 'Boro....

You bring up a good point. I saw two of the previous three games between Central and Polk......and in each game Polk just had that look of being intimidated in their eyes at the beginning. When they played for the District Championship at CSCC, Polk started believing they could play with Central - especially late in the game. Coach Davis is a saged veteran, and I'm sure he built on that District Championship loss, convincing his ladies to take it to the Chargerettes from the get-go.

I'd love to see both Polk County and McMinn Central in Murfreesboro.

I would guess 6-4 Central if they played 10x. Reason being, the last 2 games, Polk knows they can not only play with them, but also beat them. Don't know much about Upperman, other than what I saw last yr when they played @ Central in the Sub-State, one of the best games I have ever seen btw. If they are anywhere near that good, it should be a great game.

I would guess 6-4 Central if they played 10x. Reason being, the last 2 games, Polk knows they can not only play with them, but also beat them. Don't know much about Upperman, other than what I saw last yr when they played @ Central in the Sub-State, one of the best games I have ever seen btw. If they are anywhere near that good, it should be a great game.

Fair enough jcub50- But do you not think that it took a good Polk game and poor MC for the win. I will have to say though, it is what Polk is doing to make MC play poor. I do not feel however that for Polk this win come at a good time. I am wanting to say Upperman is a better team than Cannon overall. Can't say for sure cause all teams at this point are good.

I would love to hear some Upperman or Cannon oponions.

Interesting, same match up that I thought- different game sites. Overall does anyone think Upperman is a better team? I think if MC and Polk met 10 times- MC wins 8. No disrespect to Polk- good team and they deserved the win last night.

What would you say the ratio would be if MC had to play their starting 5 the whole game as Polk does. No substitutions agianst Brainerd and only one against MC when starter fouled out under 2 minutes to play. Polk starts their best 5 and they gut it out the entire game for better or worse. Got to give those girls credit for fighting all night against one of the best defensive teams around. What a physical effort! Would be nice to see what games would be like if PC had 3-4 subs that could give our starters a break now and then.

How deep does Upperman go. I bet pretty deep bench for them.

Interesting, same match up that I thought- different game sites. Overall does anyone think Upperman is a better team? I think if MC and Polk met 10 times- MC wins 8. No disrespect to Polk- good team and they deserved the win last night.

You bring up a good point. I saw two of the previous three games between Central and Polk......and in each game Polk just had that look of being intimidated in their eyes at the beginning. When they played for the District Championship at CSCC, Polk started believing they could play with Central - especially late in the game. Coach Davis is a saged veteran, and I'm sure he built on that District Championship loss, convincing his ladies to take it to the Chargerettes from the get-go.

I'd love to see both Polk County and McMinn Central in Murfreesboro.

Thought this was a thread on Cannon and Upperman game :thumb: Believe there's another thread about this game

Cannon County does not match up well with Upperman's great quickness and they don't have a tall girl like Upperman does. I'm not sure since I was not at the game but I think CC may have given up trying to play man-to-man defense against Upperman and played zone defense instead with much better results. Anyone have any insight into McMinn's strengths and weaknesses?

Sorry to intrude. Just wanted to get log man's valued opion. Bottom line four good teams should be two very good games. Match-ups predicted, sites reversed.

So how deep do Upperman and Cannon go? Don't know alot about the two except they are very highly regarded.

CC plays an up tempo game with full court press defense if it is effective. They routinely use 2-3 subs during the game rotating players to keep them fresh.