9aa

perfectgame1

i couldnt find the other topic so i just started a new one. I dont know much about this divsion except for goodpasture, every one knows about them though. I hear alot of talk coming out of macon county ,dont know what to expect from it. My nephew plays for goodpasture so naturally my guess would be goodpasture to win this divsion. GO cougars!!!!!!!! :roflol:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier has had a couple of good scimmages vs Portland and Hunters Lane so far. They are scheduled to Scrimmage DCA and Portland again this week. Pitching(depth), defense, and offense have improved over last year, and the team is young with 4 solid seniors and pitching is Junior/Sophmore loaded. This team should be very competitive this year and next. Two weeks to get ready for district play vs White House on the 23rd.

sycamore lost a big core of there leadership and stat leaders this past season. 2 of the 3 top players who are now playin college ball and the third who could have. i know they have a few returners who will likely have a stand out season as well as a couple new starters who should fill in well. in my opinion im not sure if the team will be mature enough with only 2 seniors. also there is a question on how good and how deep the pitchin rotation may be. sycamore lost there top 3 pitchers so we will just have to see who steps up to fill the pitchin positions. all in all i believe sycamore will be a contender in the district as they always are but because of the youth of the team they may struggle down the stretch.

one thing i do know is the coaching staff will have the team prepared come district time. head coach johnny staggs along with daniel smiley, matt carrigan and preston quillen all whom are former players of sycamore and college players will have the young team playing like veteran players in no time

This should be an exciting district this year with the ever powerhouse Goodpasture still looking strong. White House should have a successful season with the return of almost every starter from last years team. Loaded with 5 Srs who have had plenty of playing time since 10th grade should turn a few heads this year. Macon County always gives White House a very good game so this district is hard to predict right now. Good luck to all.. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...