Metro Nashville Football 2010

12NCS

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No but anyone with half a brain can tell you that if you have 5A/6A talent and are playing 2A/3A football your chances of winning drastically improve. You always have to be a real smart butt dont you.

So Spears "must suck" as bad as Overton. "He went" .500 with "that talent".

Hey Wink...maybe you should go after the East Lit job. They're getting ready to win 6 state championships in a row.

Yep they sure are....about the same time Scott Smith is coming to Hillsboro to be the next head football coach....youre not the only one who can be a pain in the butt. Your great wisdom and knowledge adds up to a spoonful of wasted air.

Hey Wink...maybe you should go after the East Lit job. They're getting ready to win 6 state championships in a row.

Yep they sure are....about the same time Scott Smith is coming to Hillsboro to be the next head football coach....youre not the only one who can be a pain in the butt. Your great wisdom and knowledge adds up to a spoonful of wasted air.

You're the one who said they could be Alcoa. That's a lot more of a reach than Smith to HB. What about Spears sucking with all that talent?

No but anyone with half a brain can tell you that if you have 5A/6A talent and are playing 2A/3A football your chances of winning drastically improve. You always have to be a real smart butt dont you.

So Spears "must suck" as bad as Overton. "He went" .500 with "that talent".

Spears was starting up the program. They had many obstacles to overcome and considering that I would say he did pretty well. I would also say that making it to the playoffs is doing pretty well in Overton's case. 8-2 overall and then getting beat by Franklin in the playoffs is pretty good.

You're the one who said they could be Alcoa. That's a lot more of a reach than Smith to HB. What about Spears sucking with all that talent?

Not really. Yours didnt happen and wasnt going to happen. At least mine has a lottery chance since you want to be so realistic.

If this thread is about Metro Football, then let's observe the following:

1. Metro football started downhill about the same time that smaller, community based high schools were absorbed into larger comprehensive high schools. While that tends to produce larger bases of athletes, the resulting loss of a sense of community more than offset the gain. Just what is the McGavock community or the Hunters Lane community compared to the old Goodlettsville, Dupont, Madison, Litton, or West communities?

2. The exponential growth in the number of private schools provided a second impetus of loss. Say what you will about about recruiting, the number of athletes attracted to the private schools from the public schools is staggering and consequentially detrimental to Metro schools.

3. It seems that Metro schools no longer realize what a huge rallying point a succesful athletic program can be. Metro is worried about one thing:test scores. Athletics have become a necessary evil in the eyes of local administrators.

4.There is little money to invest in athletics. Coaches cut their own fields-uncompensated. Coaches keep weight rooms open after school-on their own time and uncompensated

5. Metro has failed to attract new coaches and failed to adequately train the ones it does have. There was a time when coaches were promoted from within the system. Now it's "Let's go to California or Texas."

6. And finally there appears to be fewer and fewer kids willing to invest the time effort that it takes to be a football player. Inner city kids may be more succeptible to this than rural kids.

If this thread is about Metro Football, then let's observe the following:

1. Metro football started downhill about the same time that smaller, community based high schools were absorbed into larger comprehensive high schools. While that tends to produce larger bases of athletes, the resulting loss of a sense of community more than offset the gain. Just what is the McGavock community or the Hunters Lane community compared to the old Goodlettsville, Dupont, Madison, Litton, or West communities?

2. The exponential growth in the number of private schools provided a second impetus of loss. Say what you will about about recruiting, the number of athletes attracted to the private schools from the public schools is staggering and consequentially detrimental to Metro schools.

3. It seems that Metro schools no longer realize what a huge rallying point a succesful athletic program can be. Metro is worried about one thing:test scores. Athletics have become a necessary evil in the eyes of local administrators.

4.There is little money to invest in athletics. Coaches cut their own fields-uncompensated. Coaches keep weight rooms open after school-on their own time and uncompensated

5. Metro has failed to attract new coaches and failed to adequately train the ones it does have. There was a time when coaches were promoted from within the system. Now it's "Let's go to California or Texas."

6. And finally there appears to be fewer and fewer kids willing to invest the time effort that it takes to be a football player. Inner city kids may be more succeptible to this than rural kids.

Good post. I agree with points 1-4 and 6. I dont think metro has failed to train the coaches though. I dont know of any school district that has a district wide coaches clinic. The coaches that I know of in metro do go to several clinics a year to better themselves. But this may or may not be the norm? You also forgot:

7. Cancers. In each school you have cancers that are one bad cell that try to spread the message that the coach doesnt know anything or that his little johnny should be playing at this position or just playing period. This causes unneeded and unwanted stress for the entire team.

8. Little or no booster club support. There are many nights when the stands might as well be empty.

Not really. Yours didnt happen and wasnt going to happen. At least mine has a lottery chance since you want to be so realistic.

6 in row? No it doesn't. You keep avoiding my question about how bad Spears sucks to have gone .500 with all of that talent you keep talking about.

Good post. I agree with points 1-4 and 6. I dont think metro has failed to train the coaches though. I dont know of any school district that has a district wide coaches clinic. The coaches that I know of in metro do go to several clinics a year to better themselves. But this may or may not be the norm? You also forgot:

7. Cancers. In each school you have cancers that are one bad cell that try to spread the message that the coach doesnt know anything or that his little johnny should be playing at this position or just playing period. This causes unneeded and unwanted stress for the entire team.

8. Little or no booster club support. There are many nights when the stands might as well be empty.

You're wrong

How?