Metro Nashville Football 2010

12NCS

Hunters lane will continue to be one of the top teams..

#7 from overton is a very good back but id be really shocked if he ever sniffed D1. He has no speed..maybe 4.9 at best and even for a power back, that wont cut it at a D1 program. He should def go somewhere though. There QB was a senior so i think there playoff run will live or die with the play of the new QB.

i think hillsboro should bounce back and have a decent season

overall, metro football will continue to be poor which is a shame because there is alot of talent in davidson county.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunters lane will continue to be one of the top teams..

#7 from overton is a very good back but id be really shocked if he ever sniffed D1. He has no speed..maybe 4.9 at best and even for a power back, that wont cut it at a D1 program. He should def go somewhere though. There QB was a senior so i think there playoff run will live or die with the play of the new QB.

i think hillsboro should bounce back and have a decent season

overall, metro football will continue to be poor which is a shame because there is alot of talent in davidson county.

I agree. There's a very good reason for that and it's somewhat polarizing but, the lack of communities in MNPS creates a lack of community support and that creates a lack of funds, and that makes it hard to get good coaches, which it makes it hard to harness the talent that exists in MNPS.

The biggest problem in metro is that most of the teams lack the self-discipline needed to be successful. Most time metro teams beat themselves ,not their opponent. Coaches do not play the game and when you see some of the mistakes made it is simply a matter of players not executing. Also when a metro school is winning the attitude is good and as soon as something goes wrong the players lose confidence and start blaming each other. Talent alone can not win games,unless it is just far superior. I have seen many metro teams lose because of this.

• 4 weeks later...

I understand that there's a team that has not been mentioned as a contender that may very well be at the top when all is sorted out: Antioch. I hear the Bears have reloaded with an excellent running back and a better offensive line. They did beat the Bobcats last season. Also heard they're losing Jason Bush who has an excellent chance at the McGavock job.

I understand that there's a team that has not been mentioned as a contender that may very well be at the top when all is sorted out: Antioch. I hear the Bears have reloaded with an excellent running back and a better offensive line. They did beat the Bobcats last season. Also heard they're losing Jason Bush who has an excellent chance at the McGavock job.

Bush would make an excellent choice to be head coach. Personally I think if he wanted to be head coach he would have applied for Wilson Central. Would have been an easy commute for him. Plus he could have been reunited with his good buddy! Maybe if Bush took McGavock for some crazy reason he could convince old runtheball to come out of retirement. Antioch is well coached and if the kids all get on board they could be there for the playoffs.

while i agree with the 1st couple of comments i know for a fact bush has no desire to be the coach at mcgavock.

Yeah, but keep in mind you thought East Lit could be the next Alcoa

Im looking at one thing when I say that....talent in smaller classification. Maybe I should change Alcoa to Fulton. Its an exaggeration thats all.

So Glencliff could be the next Maryville because they're both red in a higher classification?