Seniors Leaving District 14A

volfan007

Wow, Humboldt loses a lot...a lot. Yall will definitely be down next year.

Lake Co. will miss Matthews and Abbot. Didnt the Phelps girl come off the bench? With TT and Hart, yall have a good core coming back, and yall should be very good again next year.

Greenfield will lose Porter, Robinson, McCall, Jasmine Allen, and Perkins. The first 3 were starters, and the last two were the first ones off the bench. No doubt that we'll miss all of these girls. But, we still have a great core of girls back. Jordan Galey will be back for her senior year, as will Emily Randolph. Shemella McMullen will be back for her junior year. So, we have 3 key players back off of last years team. They're all backcourt players, so we should be very good under the goal. But, we also have a girl who'll be a junior, Haley Rawls, who will play the point. She's a ballhandler...very aggresive....can shoot the 3. She also has good quickness. So, we'll be fine at the point. Also, we have girl named Brystal Barber, who'll be a senior, who can shoot the lights out from the 3. She hasnt had a lot of playing time, and niether did Haley Rawls, due to us having so many senior on the team this year. Brystal needs to work on her defense and ball handling, but you'd better not leave her alone past the 3 line, cause she'll nail it.

We've also got some very good young girls on the bench. We'll just have to wait and see which ones step and improve and provide some quality playing time. But, the Lady Jackets should be a good team again next year. Maybe better??? Maybe?

Wow, Humboldt loses a lot...a lot. Yall will definitely be down next year.

Lake Co. will miss Matthews and Abbot. Didnt the Phelps girl come off the bench? With TT and Hart, yall have a good core coming back, and yall should be very good again next year.

Greenfield will lose Porter, Robinson, McCall, Jasmine Allen, and Perkins. The first 3 were starters, and the last two were the first ones off the bench. No doubt that we'll miss all of these girls. But, we still have a great core of girls back. Jordan Galey will be back for her senior year, as will Emily Randolph. Shemella McMullen will be back for her junior year. So, we have 3 key players back off of last years team. They're all backcourt players, so we should be very good under the goal. But, we also have a girl who'll be a junior, Haley Rawls, who will play the point. She's a ballhandler...very aggresive....can shoot the 3. She also has good quickness. So, we'll be fine at the point. Also, we have girl named Brystal Barber, who'll be a senior, who can shoot the lights out from the 3. She hasnt had a lot of playing time, and niether did Haley Rawls, due to us having so many senior on the team this year. Brystal needs to work on her defense and ball handling, but you'd better not leave her alone past the 3 line, cause she'll nail it.

We've also got some very good young girls on the bench. We'll just have to wait and see which ones step and improve and provide some quality playing time. But, the Lady Jackets should be a good team again next year. Maybe better??? Maybe?

Lake Co returns T.T. Flowers,Carnation Hart for the next 2 years and Shamone Pearson for 3 more years..Those are 3 of the starters..Lake Co will miss Tarrida and Mariah and Phelps..Phelphs did come off the bench but was like a starter..played great defense..Lake Co has the other two girls that come off the bench to shoot the 3's coming back..believe they are sophomores this year..I believe 1 of those players will start and then the other starter will more than likely be Tiana Gray..Shoots the ball very well..I look for Lake Co to be betetr next year..I said all along that I thought Lake Co had a chance this year..which I thought they did..think the next 2 or 3 years ..should really be a contender..Should be a better shooting team than this years team.

Wow! Greenfield is going to lose 5 of our top eight players and we are still going to be better next year. I dont understand that statement but maybe you know alot more than I do but I know that sure makes our seniors that are leaving feel better.

Peabody will lose four seniors - Rachelle Bolden, Jasmine Latham, Brianna Harper and Marrine Johnson. That's 68 percent of the Lady Tide offense. Peabody returns its second leading-scorer, Lorna Hudson (11.9 ppg, 4.5 rpg) for her junior season. Rising junior Candace Tucker (3.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg) gained some valuable experience for Coach Lumley this year.

Bradford loses just one senior, Molly Wallsmith. Of course, she was responsible for 40 percent of the Lady Red Devil offense. Bradford's second-leading scorer, Sarah Combs (8.5 ppg, 4.4 rpg) returns for her senior season. Coach Eddings will again have a young team with only three upperclassmen (Combs, Bratton and Street).

Greenfieldfan,

I said that we would miss all of those girls. They were very good. But, we also have some very good girls coming back. As I said, we'll have more of an inside game with Emily back for her senior year, and Shemella will be a junior and probably starting at the 4 spot. Thus, more height and scoring potential inside. Also, Galey will be back for her senior season...inside and outside scoring threat. All 3 of these girls should be better since they're older and have more experience.

Also, I really like what I see out of Haley Rawls handling the ball and running the point. Dont you? I think she'll do fine....more than fine.

Anyway, what I said had nothing to do with putting down the seniors, who were leaving. I pulled for them. I think they're great. I'm gonna miss them, as will all Greenfield fans. But, I was just saying with the inside game being stronger...which I think it will...along with an outside game...Rawls and Barber can hit 3's...MAY...MAY make us be even better than last year. I said, "Maybe" in my other comment post. In fact, what I actually said was that the Lady Jackets should be a good team again next year, and maybe be better....maybe.