Way to go Polk County....42-30 winner over Upperman

blitzinbuc

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22-2 is amazing to me. I didn't see the game, so I can't really say anything about specific calls, but a team as quick as the Lady Bees typically draw more than 2 fouls. When a newspaper writes solely about the unbalanced fouls, then it must have been pretty bad. Upperman 22 fouls, Polk County 2 fouls. I guess losing by 12 points was pretty amazing because with stats like that, they should have lost by 30. Do any states have a shot clock in high school basketball? Tennessee needs one! Im really getting tired of watching 70's style four corners crap. :thumb:

22-2 is amazing to me. I didn't see the game, so I can't really say anything about specific calls, but a team as quick as the Lady Bees typically draw more than 2 fouls. When a newspaper writes solely about the unbalanced fouls, then it must have been pretty bad. Upperman 22 fouls, Polk County 2 fouls. I guess losing by 12 points was pretty amazing because with stats like that, they should have lost by 30. Do any states have a shot clock in high school basketball? Tennessee needs one! Im really getting tired of watching 70's style four corners crap. :thumb:

Is in not a good thing to run an offense that gives you the best opportunity to win? Yes the fouls were lopsided but Polk ran zone the entire game and did not foul. Most of Uppermans fouls were in the 4th quarter while trying to catch up, with tired guards from chasing the four corners. :thumb:

JUST WIN BABY!!!!! Congrats Polk.

Is in not a good thing to run an offense that gives you the best opportunity to win? Yes the fouls were lopsided but Polk ran zone the entire game and did not foul. Most of Uppermans fouls were in the 4th quarter while trying to catch up, with tired guards from chasing the four corners. :thumb:

Lets keep the facts straight. The fouls were 12 to 1 in the first half and 12 to 1 in the second half. Not from playing catch up in the 4th.

There could have been alot more fouls on both teams. There could have been a "T" on the Upperman coach for being 5ft on the court for most of the game. But why not just give props to Polk for beating a very good Upperman team. Who cares if Polk slowed it down. That was the best gameplan for them to win. Congrats to Upperman on a very good season.