Arts and Sciences beat Red Boiling Springs...69-33

csasno1fan

The Lady Patriots ruled the game from start to finish. RBS didn't know what hit them. The Lady Patriots came out strong and the Lady Dawgs never got close. What a win for this group of girls! The seniors have worked hard for 4 years and finally get to go to State. Way to go Coach Martin and team!!!

I knew going into the game that CSAS was a decent ball team and that if we didn't play good it was going to get bad. By what it sounded like is RBS couldn't get anything to fall and CSAS couldn't miss! RBS has played much better ball as of late than what they played tonight! RBS returns all but 1 senior next season, so they'll be looking for a rematch :?! CSAS played a great game and congrats on the win!

Congratulations to A & S...everyone from Pickett Co. enjoyed our visit last year and the fans at A& S couldn't have been nicer even with them losing. I'm glad they get to go this year! I guess RBS is settled into being 8A now because 7A teams never lose in the substate like that!!!! What a shock. Clarkrange or Pickett Co. would have done much better. Good Luck in the state!

I knew going into the game that CSAS was a decent ball team and that if we didn't play good it was going to get bad. By what it sounded like is RBS couldn't get anything to fall and CSAS couldn't miss! RBS has played much better ball as of late than what they played tonight! RBS returns all but 1 senior next season, so they'll be looking for a rematch :bored:! CSAS played a great game and congrats on the win!

:bored: Keep your head up,your girls just had the misfortune of having "one of those games"at a bad time.Scotts Hill's ladies had the same type loss earlier in the season,to #1 Middleton,but they had time to learn from their mistakes,and to adjust to the level of competition from the better teams in the state.The girls were able to raise their level of play the rest of the season(three more meetings,L-1 by four,W-2 by one & ten).If the ladies from RBS can turn this loss into a learning experiance with four returning starters,maybe the fans at CSAS can return the favor and wish RBS well in the tourney next year.

Congratulations to A & S...everyone from Pickett Co. enjoyed our visit last year and the fans at A& S couldn't have been nicer even with them losing. I'm glad they get to go this year! I guess RBS is settled into being 8A now because 7A teams never lose in the substate like that!!!! What a shock. Clarkrange or Pickett Co. would have done much better. Good Luck in the state!

That CSAS team was a very good team. I had looked at the CSAS' schedule and they had only lost one game, I believe, since December! They won their region championship game by 20 points, so this was a good CSAS team that RBS played the other night! I guess we'll never know how PC would have done in sub-state because they went home a bit earlier than RBS :D ; I guess those 8a teams can never compete with 7a huh? :lol: ! All joking aside you guys have an excellent coach who's done good things with the program, and how many seniors did PC have this year?

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't consider RBS an 8A team yet. All their players came up playing in the tough 7A. In about 2 years RBS will be a real 8A team, but they'll still have that long 7A tradition to keep the program great. 8A was much better about 10 years ago. Pickett loses the state's top scorer in Terrah Garner, Brittany Garrett (who know how far Pickett would have gone if she hadn't been injured), Kayla Gibson and Kaitlyn Beaty. Pickett will have 4 sophomores...well juniors next year who have a lot of experience...Mindy Green, Montana Tuck, Hannah Davidson and Aspen Smith...also Alainee Walker got more and more playing time. They'll be very good again next year.