Polk Co vs South Greene

jcub50

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that this game is not tightly officiated and that they let the girls play. South Greene usually only plays 6 players and I think I remember hearing that Polk County doesn't play many either? If either team has to go to the bench a lot it could really affect the outcome.

What do you think is S.Greene most quality win this year was?

Hey Haywood, you have seen some SG games, what would you say most quality games. My vote would be, they played very well in the Ladies Classic against Memphis Central, then I would have to say the other two that get my vote is the SG vs Greeneville for the District/Conference Championship and SG vs AE (substate).

Hey Haywood, you have seen some SG games, what would you say most quality games. My vote would be, they played very well in the Ladies Classic against Memphis Central, then I would have to say the other two that get my vote is the SG vs Greeneville for the District/Conference Championship and SG vs AE (substate).

What about quality opp.?

Well okay, let me think. The BRAC district was full of QUALITY this year. South Greene is amazing, Greeneville is amazing (I hope the boro gets to see that, though Christopher may or may not play). Chuckey-Doak is no laughing matter and neither is Cumberland Gap. With that said...SG should not have lost to Cumberland Gap. They were playing without their two senior starters with injuries (Dye and Crum). The District Championship between SG/Greeneville was probably one of the most impressive games I have seen though. Both teams played spectacular. It was a double over-time game and was back and forth all night. Very exciting. Okay, I'll call that one a quality win. As for a quality opponent, (Not that Greeneville isn't, but I'm trying to figure out what logcabinman is looking for) SG went into double overtime with Cocke County High School. CCHS is a AAA team who could have ran with Morristown West had they not lost their star player, Morgan Buda, due to an injury late in the season. Both teams had all players that night. SG lost, but it could have gone either way. Wilson Central was certainly not the team they were last year, not sure I would call that a quality win. However, SG pretty much had this same team last year when they defeated Morristown West in the Ladies Classic and then played an outstanding Wilson Central team led by Jasmine Hassel who signed with the University of Georgia. In this game SG battled back from being down by 20 and lost by 1 in overtime. Does this help any?

Correction: Ladies Classic was Wilson Central not Memphis Central. They also played and beat a very good team from Virginia with two Division 1 signees..

Just still not seeing that as a quality win?

So exactly what do you consider quality opposition? The GreeneBank Ladies Classic is one of the state's premeir invitational tourneys. The team from Midlothian Va is a perrennial powerhouse in central VA as is Wilson Central. And lets see...how many trips to state has Greeneville had in recent years? IMO the 3 wins over Greeneville and the sub-state over AE were all quality wins. Polk better be ready for a battle. SG isn't big, but they are fast and physical. If Polk tries to slow it down by playing their little game of keep-away SG, has the quickness to get the turn-overs. Those girls are patient and opportunistic. If they don't steal it they will make you throw it away... I'm excited to see PC in this one. Seems us small town schools have to work twice as hard to get noticed.

What about quality opp.?

Here we go again...another flatlander that thinks there are NO quality team East of Knoxville. SG and GHS are the real deal...let's go down there and prove it and see each other in the finals...GHS might even have to do it with one hand literally tied behind our back...now wouldn't THAT be somethin'???

:lol:

What about quality opp.?

Here we go again...another flatlander that thinks there are NO quality team East of Knoxville. SG and GHS are the real deal...let's go down there and prove it and see each other in the finals...GHS might even have to do it with one hand literally tied behind our back...now wouldn't THAT be somethin'???

Ok for the record, Benton, TN isn't flat......so I don't think its safe to assume logcabinman is a "flat-lander" Now LCM, aside from McMinn and Upperman who we will concede are quality wins....both of them, what would you consider Polks other quality opposition to be?

What about quality opp.?

Ok for the record, Benton, TN isn't flat......so I don't think its safe to assume logcabinman is a "flat-lander" Now LCM, aside from McMinn and Upperman who we will concede are quality wins....both of them, what would you consider Polks other quality opposition to be?

I guess Greene County is just going to have to show them what "quality" is...lol!!! I would love to see a 5th go for SG/Greeneville. I don't know if my heart can stand it, but I'd like to see it.