Coaching Positions

Gopackers

I know this forum has changed to another subject but just in case a person was desiring to become a middle school coach I just did not want them to be confused. Middle School HEAD coaches can be non-faculty members if they desire to be. There is some misinformation in this post. I'm sure if you were really wanting to become a coach you could have looked it up yourself. But in the Bylaws move down to page 34 to read the rules for Middle School specific... I'll post the information that proves it..

TENNESSEE SECONDARY SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION

BYLAWS OF THE TENNESSEE MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION

(Unless otherwise specified in the statements which follow, rules and regulations of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association will apply to schools participating in the Middle School Athletic Association, with the exception of Article I, Sections 6, 9 and 10.......

Article I, Section 9 deals with Coaches so thus the following is the seperate rule for Middle School coaches...

RULE 10 – All coaches must be approved by the principal, superintendent, and/or local board of education. Any coach who is not a full-time employee of the school system and does not possess a teacher’s certificate or the equivalent or is not a retired educator must complete the TSSAA Online Coaches Training Session within his or her first year of assuming the position. A fine of $50.00 will be assessed to the school if the coach does complete the TSSAA Online Coaches Training Session and he or she will be required to complete the session immediately. All non-faculty coaches must complete the ASEP Coaches Education Program in a TSSAA-approved course within five years of assuming the position. Schools must submit the names of all non-faculty coaches to the state office each year. A school must pay an annual registration fee of $40.00 per coach. The maximum fee for a school to register non-faculty coaches will be $100.00 per year.

Again I am a middle school head coach and I know a few coaches who follow under this guideline. I hope this clears it up and no one is confused by other people who keep getting on here and disputing it when I am a person who is a head coach only because of this rule...

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't coach in Rutherford County then cause they are really strict about that! Lol. Also, if a certified teacher were to appply for your job they would be required to let you go and be forced to let him/her take it over IF there's a suplement involved. They can not let a non-certified person (volunteer) be a coach over a certified employee. I got my first head coaching job because of that rule!

I have been hearing rumors about the Oakland Middle coach as well. I heard he is in fact a high school coach but the name I heard doesnt start with a C. If the name I heard is correct and if you were at Murphy Center the last couple of days you saw him!!

lol ive been there the last two days and have seen a lot of high school coaches that doesnt help any