Hixson vs East Ridge

Superstar

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monday's opener at Hixson cancelled due to wet field conditions.

Tuesday's game at East Ridge was kinda weird I heard. Hixson was up 7-1, plate umpire hit by either a foul ball or a ball missed by the catcher and suffered a broken thumb. Game delayed until another umpire could try and be found. Pioneers came back and won, not sure of the score.

Monday's game moved to Wednesday. Hixson wins 7-3, pitcher Zack McCarter hits 2 home runs and a triple. I was at the game and the plate umpire in this game was hit at least 6 times by balls not blocked or caught by either catcher. The catchers were AWFUL!

My advice to the umps, break out the old balloon protectors if you have Hixson or East Ridge, both their catchers are terrible.

Monday's opener at Hixson cancelled due to wet field conditions.

Tuesday's game at East Ridge was kinda weird I heard. Hixson was up 7-1, plate umpire hit by either a foul ball or a ball missed by the catcher and suffered a broken thumb. Game delayed until another umpire could try and be found. Pioneers came back and won, not sure of the score.

Monday's game moved to Wednesday. Hixson wins 7-3, pitcher Zack McCarter hits 2 home runs and a triple. I was at the game and the plate umpire in this game was hit at least 6 times by balls not blocked or caught by either catcher. The catchers were AWFUL!

My advice to the umps, break out the old balloon protectors if you have Hixson or East Ridge, both their catchers are terrible.

When was the last time you heard that it was the players who were bad instead of the umps? Sounds like Hixson's Pitcher is a stud.

im not sure but i think i heard someone in the stands talking about the catcher saying he was a young kid and doesn't catch much. also, hixson's starting catcher was suspended for one game for having to miss practice one day last week. i feel bad for that ump because he took some shots :thumb: but im sure the catcher did all he could and it was a good game

Maybe the catchers didn't agree with his strike zone and/or some of his other calls.

Boy, that's an extremely stupid comment to make.

Even if you don't agree with their calls, if the catchers don't do their job, the plate ump is completely defenseless. I doubt you want to stand back there and let kids throw 70-80 mph baseballs at you.

Read back a couple of years and find out what happened to the catcher in the Georgia HS playoffs that got together with his pitcher and decided to "let a few go" to get back at the plate ump. It didn't work out too well for them.

Stupid, stupid comment to make, Indian. Really stupid.