Clarksville Academy Wayne County

yankees8589

I'm curious Purple & Gold Standard. Were you even at the games today? If not, I was there to see each team play except the last two who were paired.

BTW, I remembered where I had seen your posts before....four days ago you were running down Westwood. You said they had no depth and would not be a threat to Humboldt....similar to the way you were running down CA earlier today; however, Westwood was almost god-like to you today. You're making my head spin.

You didn't see me running down Westwood....I wasn't running down CA either...

Giving an opinion and running down someone are two very different things...Don't be so dramatic...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea exactly which im sure is below his every game average.

If it was number 11, then that is Heath Dyer. He fouled out very late in the game. He has excellent defensive skills. I was not paying so much attention to who was guarding whom, but if you can give me the number or a physical description, I may be able to tell you who it was.

I'm curious Purple & Gold Standard. Were you even at the games today? If not, I was there to see each team play except the last two who were paired.

BTW, I remembered where I had seen your posts before....four days ago you were running down Westwood. You said they had no depth and would not be a threat to Humboldt....similar to the way you were running down CA earlier today; however, Westwood was almost god-like to you today. You're making my head spin.

Giving an opinion and running down someone are two very different things...Don't be so dramatic...

Okay....in my opinion your opinion sounded as if you were running them down...just a bit. I'm sorry if I offended you.

You didn't answer my question, though. Were you in the gym today. It seems you are going by what was on the radio, but I was there and saw with my own eyes, and sometimes that makes a difference. I've got steaks on the grill, so time to go away for now. Have a good evening. :thumb:

Okay....in my opinion your opinion sounded as if you were running them down...just a bit. I'm sorry if I offended you.

You didn't answer my question, though. Were you in the gym today. It seems you are going by what was on the radio, but I was there and saw with my own eyes, and sometimes that makes a difference. I've got steaks on the grill, so time to go away for now. Have a good evening. :lol:

Not offended at all....

No, I wasn't at the game....

I like mine medium well....Country Bob's steak sauce.. :thumb: ... Have a nice night and good luck the rest of the tourney...

the kid who guarded tyler rice all day deserves alot of credit. He did an excellent job in shadowing him everywhere he went. Not sure how many rice ended up with but he is the main scoring threat and was held in count during the game.

Quote from today's Leaf-Chronicle in Clarksville:

Wayne County (20-11) tried desperately to get its star shooter, Tyler Rice, into the flow of the game in the second half but Heath Dyer's suffocating defense on Rice forced the Wayne County guard into difficult shots outside his range. Rice would finish with 12 points, half of which came in the fourth quarter as Wayne County scrambled to close its double digit deficit. Heath fouled out late in the 4th Quarter.

Final....

Clarksville Acd. - 54

Wayne County - 40

Malcolm Smith led the Cougars with 21 points and 15 rebounds before fouling out in the 4th quarter...he played with foul trouble the whole game....He went to the line 11 times but only hit 5 times....

The Cougars had a huge rebounding advantage (46-24) but also had 19 tournovers...Wayne County had 10 steals...CA didn't do very well against the press...They shot 45% from the field and hit one of their 8 three point attempts...They hit 17 for 28 free throws....

Wayne County butchered the three point line 3 for 24...They shot 24% total...They only hit 13 of 24 free throw attempts...

Wayne County was led in scoring by Tyler Rice with 12 points followed by Parrish with 11....

I don't think CA put too much fear in the remaining teams in the tournament with their performance today....

CSAS is more athletic and will give CA a bit more competition in the semi-final round....

Good Morning,

As I read this morning paper (The Leaf-Chronicle), I thought about this, so I thought I'd share the opening of "Cougars Get the Job Done".

Quote from the article:

MURFREESBORO — It wasn't pretty. It wasn't perfect. It wasn't even typical Clarksville Academy basketball.

But a win is a win, and Cougars coach Josh Smith will take it.

Have a great day! :thumb:

Well Wayne County wasn't expected to win this game....and they sure were outrebounded and shot the ball poorly....credit Dyer on face-guarding Rice tightly all game and CA was just better yesterday. But I must say I'm shocked at CA. I really thought they were going to be a much better team based on their record and all the hype. After looking at their schedule, I see why they're 33-2. They played NOBODY! The only really tough team they played was Ensworth and they lost that one by 16. The Smith brothers are good athletes, but as far as basketball skill they're average at best. And their guards are all role players. I don't see there being any way that they win this tournament. If they do, I'll come on here and eat some crow, but even then, I'll still say they're NOWHERE NEAR a great team and the Class A tourney is just weak this year. I'm sure this will make a lot of CA people angry but that's just the truth and if you have an objective point of view at all, you'll know its true also. :thumb:

I would caution looking at any of the teams remaining on how they played one game if that was the first time you watched them play. I am not from Clarksville or a fan of CA, but I had the pleasure of watching them play 5 times this year. They can be trapped and pressed and I agree their guards are role players, but if they are hitting some 3's which I have seen them get hot, they are tough to match up against. Malcolm Smith is the real deal and based on what I have read here it seems he was not on his "A" game yesterday. I personally witnessed him hit about 13 free throws one night and I think he has excellent skills for his size. I also witnessed him get a rebound, dribble it the length of the court and dunk it. If their guards can keep there composure, I like their chances.

I also had the luxury of watching Wayne County this year and the game played out like I thought it would. I thought Wayne County would give them fits in their aggressive trapping press, just wasn't sure how tight the officials would be calling the game. Tyler Rice is very very impressive when his shots are falling and he is a tough match up for any team with his size and speed.

Look forward to the next round of games.

Another quote from today's Leaf-Chronicle; it is from the article "Clarksville Academy uses tenacious defense in 14-point victory"

I encourage you to read the whole article.

In the four Class A state tournament quarterfinal games played on Wednesday at MTSU's Murphy Center, only one team scored more than 55 points, and no team shot better than 45 percent. Clarksville Academy and Oliver Springs each shot 45 percent in their respective quarterfinal games.

Clarksville Academy, the state's No. 1-ranked team, beat Wayne County 54-40, while Oliver Springs was knocked out of the tournament with a 50-44 loss to Grace Baptist.

Knowing offense alone wouldn't be enough, the Cougars placed a premium on rebounding and defense, and executed both to near perfection.

Final....

Clarksville Acd. - 54

Wayne County - 40

Malcolm Smith led the Cougars with 21 points and 15 rebounds before fouling out in the 4th quarter...he played with foul trouble the whole game....He went to the line 11 times but only hit 5 times....

The Cougars had a huge rebounding advantage (46-24) but also had 19 tournovers...Wayne County had 10 steals...CA didn't do very well against the press...They shot 45% from the field and hit one of their 8 three point attempts...They hit 17 for 28 free throws....

Wayne County butchered the three point line 3 for 24...They shot 24% total...They only hit 13 of 24 free throw attempts...

Wayne County was led in scoring by Tyler Rice with 12 points followed by Parrish with 11....

I don't think CA put too much fear in the remaining teams in the tournament with their performance today....

CSAS is more athletic and will give CA a bit more competition in the semi-final round....

Good Morning,

As I read this morning paper (The Leaf-Chronicle), I thought about this, so I thought I'd share the opening of "Cougars Get the Job Done".

Quote from the article:

MURFREESBORO — It wasn't pretty. It wasn't perfect. It wasn't even typical Clarksville Academy basketball.

But a win is a win, and Cougars coach Josh Smith will take it.

Have a great day! :thumb:

I have no doubt it wasn't a typical Clarksvillle Acd performance....You don't go 34-2 with performances like yesterday....They were very lucky they didn't have to play CSAS, Humboldt, Westwood or Grace...

I attribute it to first game jitters....They will have to be more on their "A" game against CSAS and beyond....

Well Wayne County wasn't expected to win this game....and they sure were outrebounded and shot the ball poorly....credit Dyer on face-guarding Rice tightly all game and CA was just better yesterday. But I must say I'm shocked at CA. I really thought they were going to be a much better team based on their record and all the hype. After looking at their schedule, I see why they're 33-2. They played NOBODY! The only really tough team they played was Ensworth and they lost that one by 16. The Smith brothers are good athletes, but as far as basketball skill they're average at best. And their guards are all role players. I don't see there being any way that they win this tournament. If they do, I'll come on here and eat some crow, but even then, I'll still say they're NOWHERE NEAR a great team and the Class A tourney is just weak this year. I'm sure this will make a lot of CA people angry but that's just the truth and if you have an objective point of view at all, you'll know its true also. :thumb:

hooplove, your right on one point CA stunk, but they won.... CA didn't play well at all... matter of fact Wayne county didn't either.... They missed out on an opportunity to take out a Very Good CA team. Don't let one game give you an overall impression of this CA team. That was the WORST game CA played all year and believe me those twins can play. Malcolm smith in foul trouble 5-11 FT 21 Points 15 rebounds and fouled out.... thats average, I'll take it. Martin Smith 2fga 2 points 8 boards, I'll take it and he's a good shooter,but I don't know why he did'nt shoot more. This team knows they got a blessing yesterday and will be ready for the next round you bank on it! :thumb: