IMAC Scoreboard

SHS1

i thought the throw was to the inside of the bag and the 3rd baseman just missed it. As far as the umpiring goes we have had some this year that went our way and some that didn't. Just part of the game. Good luck to you all too. I think the tournament should be interesting. Home field advantage will play a part in it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, we need to sweep the last 3 (2 with Seymour & 1 with Jeff) or at least 2 out of 3 to finish in the top 2. Mon & Tues will decide a lot, but Mo East & West play May 3 & 4 I think. It looks like it is down to 4 teams, Mo West, Seymour, Mo East & Sevier Co. Each team holds their own destiny also as they play against each other.

Home field is definitely an advantage the way this year has gone! It also looks like anyone can beat anyone, Cherokee & Cocke Co have both played teams very close at times. It should be a Great first tourney for the New IMAC!

I think the tournament key is going to be pitching as you go deeper in the tournament. Mo West has probably the best 1 2 3 starters in the conference followed by Seymour. I think the bullpen will also be called on a lot. Right now I would say Mo West would be the favorite especially if they have homefield advantage. I think Sevier and Seymour are next. East has one great pitcher butthe deeper they go I think pitching will do them in. South Doyle will be a factor in game 1 for sure if Kirkland is pitching and if they get out the gate strong they could pull it off. Jeff County has been like Jekyl and Hyde this year. They have played great at times and at times not so great even in the same game. Earlier pitching appeared to be the problem but now hitting is inconsistent. Jeff County took 2nd in the district in 2008 and 3rd last year. They seem to play well at tournament time. Cherokee could be the spoiler. They have made vast improvements over last year mainly in part to coaching and beat Jeff earlier and took East to the last out the other night. Cocke County will battle but still a little too young to maybe contend this year. I am really looking forward to the tournament because I feel the IMAC may be one of the stronger districts this year from top to bottom.

Seymour and West play makeup on the 4th, Tuesday. East and West play on the Friday and Sat. before. Seymour has East tomorrow night at Don Doyle Field. Seymour and Sevier County play this Monday and Tuesday. All these games will make a big difference for the winner and loser.

My 'GUESS' would be the usual head to head then win over the next highest not in the tie. After that the coaches would determine the next breaker, if they haven't already. It is always good to decide on these things prior to the season. That way no one looks like they are lobbing for their own team whether or not they are.

South Doyle on a bit of a roll. Beat Cocke county twice 7-0 and 8-2, Beat Mo West 5-2 and tonight beat Cherokee 10-0. They now stand @ 7-6 in IMAC and finish conference play tomorrow with home game vs Cherokee. Play Webb, Powell, Heritage and Science Hill this week. Finish with Powell and Maryville next week. The Kees have been inconsistant in all aspects of play but are looking a little more unified as of late. Good luck seniors and enjoy the ride. GOOO KEEES

Did anyone get their games in tonight? Hailstorm in the bottom of the 3rd ended it for SD and Cherokee tonight. SD was up 3-2 with runners in scoring postion when the skies opened up and sent pea size hail pounding the SD players who rushed to get the tarp on the field. Kinda fun to watch :thumb: You would think they were being attacked by a swarm of bees by the way they were reacting. Game has been rescheduled for tomorrow same place same time. GO Cherokees (South Doyle that is)