IMAC Scoreboard

SHS1

In this bracket do the losers switch brackets? If not, then this is true pool play & really not fair to everyone. I have talked to our coach & he said it was supposed to be like what we had in 4AAA where you would switch brackets.

I am not a fan of pool play, as you can tell. I would not be even if we were the dominate team. The only teams that play against each other are 1,8,4&5 in one pool & 2,3,6&7 in the other. If you are 4 or 5 you will have to go thru the #1 seed to make state where you may match up well with the #2 seed, but you will never play them. 6 & 7 will have an easier road thru the 2 seed. That does not seem fair to me, lower seeds with easier paths? But that is pool play.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected....After I read the earlier post I talked with Coach Traywick. He did not think it was definite on the bracket yet, but it appears that way. As I stated earlier, I do not like pool play, not fair to 4&5 seeds as stated earlier.....

SC can still end up the 2nd seed but would be Co Champs with MW in one scenario.......

SC & MW win

SC 11-3

MW 10-4

ME 9-5

Sey 8-6 (Sey has tie breaker over SD)

SC & Sey win

SC 11-3

Sey 9-5

MW 9-5

ME 9-5

JC & MW win

MW 10-4

SC 10-4

ME 9-5

SEY 8-6

JC & Sey win

SC 10-4

SEY 9-5

MW 9-5

ME 9-5

The play your are referring to was a JC player being thrown out at the plate trying to tag up after a fly to center. The runner slid past home, and in my opinion was tagged then, but the ump didn't call anything and SC's catcher dove back onto the runner for the tag. The JC runner jumped up pushing, and the SC catcher jumped up pushing. No player was ejected from the game. They were both pulled from the game by their coaches. This all happened in the bottom of the 7th & would have give JC the win. The throw beat the runner to the plate by at least 5 feet.

As far as coaches, both were confined to the dugout, BOTH SC and JC Head Coaches. Neither were ejected. There will be no penalties for either team.

This was a very exciting game! Emotions were running high! This is IMAC Baseball!

The play your are referring to was a JC player being thrown out at the plate trying to tag up after a fly to center. The runner slid past home, and in my opinion was tagged then, but the ump didn't call anything and SC's catcher dove back onto the runner for the tag. The JC runner jumped up pushing, and the SC catcher jumped up pushing. No player was ejected from the game. They were both pulled from the game by their coaches. This all happened in the bottom of the 7th & would have give JC the win. The throw beat the runner to the plate by at least 5 feet.

As far as coaches, both were confined to the dugout, BOTH SC and JC Head Coaches. Neither were ejected. There will be no penalties for either team.

This was a very exciting game! Emotions were running high! This is IMAC Baseball!

I was at the game and emotions were high. The JC player that was tagged out came up pushing the SC catcher off of him and the SC guy pushed back: both players were pushing each other and then the Sevier Co player threw a punch to the face clear as day! Not saying that they both should not have been ejected but that punch was blatant. Then the Sevier Co coach started arguing and chest bumping the ump. What the heck is his problem, the ump called the JC guy out! The JC players all jumped out to get the JC player out of a fight. Hats off to both benches for not letting it get too bad! The guy that looked the worst was the SC coach who did not appear to be a good role-model at that moment. Very good game though!

I was also at the game, and did not see a blatant swing. I was there observing as a fan of baseball not for either team, but a fan of another district team. As a long time observer of the game, and not know exactly what was said on the field, you must understand that the coach was trying to win a game and protect his players first. I have witnessed the coach during several district match-ups this year and he and his players are passionate. I am sure if the umps had deemed it necessary all involved would have been ejected. Also, even though Jeff co. dugout came out to as you say pull of the play, it is a violation for ANYONE to come out of the dugout except the coach.

I think all was handled well, baseball can be an emotional game. I am glad that no one on either side was ejected, b/c it would mean missing 2 games in district tournament. I wish all teams in IMAC the best! Congratulations to Sevier County on District Regular Season Championship.

As far as the tournament, I think it is anyone's to win. Everyone of the top 6 teams have a chance at moving on to region. Just wish we all did not have to travel to Sevier County(sev/sey). Does anyone know brackets and times?? Again good luck to ALL!!!

According to TSSAA rules if a player(s) becomes involved any activity resembling a fight they are to be ejected. Also if a coach or player makes contact with an umpire this is also grounds for an ejection. Has anyone contacted TSSAA OFFICE? I am sure they would like to prevent another Union County situation. Also heard this is not the first time Traywick had had a problem with bumping an umpire. Are the rich people of Sevier County paying off the umps. I haven't seen evidence of it but heard a lot of calls have went Sevier 's way this year.