IMAC Scoreboard

SHS1

According to TSSAA rules if a player(s) becomes involved any activity resembling a fight they are to be ejected. Also if a coach or player makes contact with an umpire this is also grounds for an ejection. Has anyone contacted TSSAA OFFICE? I am sure they would like to prevent another Union County situation. Also heard this is not the first time Traywick had had a problem with bumping an umpire. Are the rich people of Sevier County paying off the umps. I haven't seen evidence of it but heard a lot of calls have went Sevier 's way this year.

To my understanding, the Union players were ejected from the game and that is what the umpires reported to TSSAA. Those boys then did not sit out their 2 games. No one had to leave field during the Jeff Co/Sevier Co game, so they were not ejected. Whatever umpires turn in on report to TSSAA stands, if I am wrong please correct me.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also at the game last night and thought it was one of the better games I have seen all season. Keep in mind that was the #1 seed against the #6 seed, which should tell you how emotional and tight the games will be for the whole district tournament. I thought it was great throw by the Sevier CF. Looked from my vantage point that the catcher barely missed him on the way through and the runner barely missed the plate as well. As the two were going back fighting for the plate they simply got tangled up. Both players shoved and it appeared to me that the Jeff County kid took a half swing at the Sevier Catcher. The catcher put his elbow up and shoved back in self-defense. The real hero in the siutation in my opinion was Ausmus, the on-deck batter, who came up and grabbed the Jeff County runner and held him back. It was this move that really diffused the situation. Hats off as well to the Sevier County bench for keeping their cool as no players left their bench. I wish I could say the same for the Jeff bench but as we have said it was a VERY emotional game. Coach Traywick was not hot over the play as some thought, he was hot b/c the field umpire had come in signaling the he was ejecting both players. Obviously this would cost them two district games and my reaction would have been the same if not worse. In the end, I think they got it right. Confining both players and coaches while not costing them district was, in my opinion, the smartest thing to do. Good luck to everybody in district this week.

I was also at the game, and did not see a blatant swing. I was there observing as a fan of baseball not for either team, but a fan of another district team. As a long time observer of the game, and not know exactly what was said on the field, you must understand that the coach was trying to win a game and protect his players first. I have witnessed the coach during several district match-ups this year and he and his players are passionate. I am sure if the umps had deemed it necessary all involved would have been ejected. Also, even though Jeff co. dugout came out to as you say pull of the play, it is a violation for ANYONE to come out of the dugout except the coach.

I think all was handled well, baseball can be an emotional game. I am glad that no one on either side was ejected, b/c it would mean missing 2 games in district tournament. I wish all teams in IMAC the best! Congratulations to Sevier County on District Regular Season Championship.

As far as the tournament, I think it is anyone's to win. Everyone of the top 6 teams have a chance at moving on to region. Just wish we all did not have to travel to Sevier County(sev/sey). Does anyone know brackets and times?? Again good luck to ALL!!!

It was a blatant punch- just ask the kid who got knocked in the jaw by the catcher. Everyone saw it where I was sitting, very obvious! And no JC player even went towards the SC dugout or a SC player. They came out to get their teammate separated from the situation.

I was also at the game last night and thought it was one of the better games I have seen all season. Keep in mind that was the #1 seed against the #6 seed, which should tell you how emotional and tight the games will be for the whole district tournament. I thought it was great throw by the Sevier CF. Looked from my vantage point that the catcher barely missed him on the way through and the runner barely missed the plate as well. As the two were going back fighting for the plate they simply got tangled up. Both players shoved and it appeared to me that the Jeff County kid took a half swing at the Sevier Catcher. The catcher put his elbow up and shoved back in self-defense. The real hero in the siutation in my opinion was Ausmus, the on-deck batter, who came up and grabbed the Jeff County runner and held him back. It was this move that really diffused the situation. Hats off as well to the Sevier County bench for keeping their cool as no players left their bench. I wish I could say the same for the Jeff bench but as we have said it was a VERY emotional game. Coach Traywick was not hot over the play as some thought, he was hot b/c the field umpire had come in signaling the he was ejecting both players. Obviously this would cost them two district games and my reaction would have been the same if not worse. In the end, I think they got it right. Confining both players and coaches while not costing them district was, in my opinion, the smartest thing to do. Good luck to everybody in district this week.

Why don't you just go ahead and sign your post "Love those Bears". Seriously, Good luck to all in tournament. It should be exciting.

Love those bears? Haha. Just FYI, I'm a Jeff County alumni and was there to watch Jeff. Just stating what I saw since everyone was talking about it. But I am impressed with what Traywick has done at SC. The Sevier County we played against was never anything like what he has turned that program into.

Wow! we laid aa golden egg. had achance to host the pool play and blew it. Instead of a gimmie win versus Cherokee, we now face Jeff. Co. who hung 23 runs on us last time. Our road to the region tourney just got a lot harder. We will now have to pitch Lee to stay out of the losers bracket. The losers bracket eats up arms.

South Doyle went down to Mo East for the 3rd time. The Kees were ahead the whole game until the end and lost 8-7. Mo East is a scrappy team and had a lot of timely hits. The Kees play hot and cold putting 6 on em in the first 2 innings and then only managed 2 in the last 5. Play @ 2:30 today against Cocke Cnty I assume. Any score from late game Solo-Mon?