Meigs looking for new coach

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why bash a coach when he does not even defend hemself, if he smart he would not read statements made on here by a guy who was a sub par player and coach and now should do more on his planning time than get on here and talk about things he has no clue about. :thumb:

Who's bashing who now? Shouldn't you be perfoming a colonoscopy or something "Doc"?

From what I've heard. The head coach isn't really given the whole power to run the program. Some people here and there have a say so in everything with the program. I dont think MEIGS will ever get back to the way they used to be unless they can get a young firey coach in there and let him coach. Let him coach the way he wants to. Let him hire some new assistant coaches. Give him some power to run a football program.

Example; I am a manager at McDonalds. I am given resonsibility to run this establishment. Good pay, good community, good workers. But, I have a regional manager that tells me how to make the work schedule for the week, when to order food, how to clean the store, .....

Plus the WEIGHTROOM is the most important factor in building or rebuilding a football program. The weightroom at MEIGS sucks! Small, no equipment, hmmmmm

Who is going to get it? What is the timeline?

Who ever gets the job needs to be someone homegrown someone who won't use meigs as a gateway to bigger and better jobs. I think coach Holiday fits that mold he's been around the program and I think he cares about it. I don't think people are gonna beat down the doors to come coach at meigs so why not give it to him. If we bring someone new in they will do the same thing Martin done turn the program around get a better offer and jet. Look at polk they got a guy who played at polk and loves polk and thats what we need.

Who is going to get it? What is the timeline?

Who ever gets the job needs to be someone homegrown someone who won't use meigs as a gateway to bigger and better jobs. I think coach Holiday fits that mold he's been around the program and I think he cares about it. I don't think people are gonna beat down the doors to come coach at meigs so why not give it to him. If we bring someone new in they will do the same thing Martin done turn the program around get a better offer and jet. Look at polk they got a guy who played at polk and loves polk and thats what we need.

Yes and No .... I think there needs to be changes made at MEIGS. I think if you hire from within or a homegrown boy, nothing will change! It can, but I don't think it will. I agree, you don't want a new coach for 2 years and then leaves. If that is a problem, make something happen to where he doesn' want to leave! They need a new coach that will stay and not use MEIGS as a stepping stone. There are young coaches out there that GIVEN THE CHANCE would stay at MEIGS.

Here are some names on the rumor mill............. Spencer Riley-former UT player and recommended by Jeff Smith(former meigs grad and UT, pro player). Brad Bennett- Current Mcminn Defensive Coordinator, Mike Martin-former Meigs coach(probably wont come because of money), Ricky Holliday-current meigs defensive Coordinator, Matt Hampton-former Meigs Asst and current Rhea Co Asst., Clint Baker-former Meigs Head Coach and current principal( School boards always frown on administrators being coaches) but i think with his son coming up in a few years he would think about it. In my opinion, He is one the best coaches to ever coach at meigs, plus he is a good man.