Meigs looking for new coach

Here are some names on the rumor mill............. Spencer Riley-former UT player and recommended by Jeff Smith(former meigs grad and UT, pro player). Brad Bennett- Current Mcminn Defensive Coordinator, Mike Martin-former Meigs coach(probably wont come because of money), Ricky Holliday-current meigs defensive Coordinator, Matt Hampton-former Meigs Asst and current Rhea Co Asst., Clint Baker-former Meigs Head Coach and current principal( School boards always frown on administrators being coaches) but i think with his son coming up in a few years he would think about it. In my opinion, He is one the best coaches to ever coach at meigs, plus he is a good man.

wow...some of the names on this list...wow is all i can say

Good luck to meigs co on the coaching search

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some names on the rumor mill............. Spencer Riley-former UT player and recommended by Jeff Smith(former meigs grad and UT, pro player). Brad Bennett- Current Mcminn Defensive Coordinator, Mike Martin-former Meigs coach(probably wont come because of money), Ricky Holliday-current meigs defensive Coordinator, Matt Hampton-former Meigs Asst and current Rhea Co Asst., Clint Baker-former Meigs Head Coach and current principal( School boards always frown on administrators being coaches) but i think with his son coming up in a few years he would think about it. In my opinion, He is one the best coaches to ever coach at meigs, plus he is a good man.

say what??? :roflolk:

I think Jason Howard would be an excellent choice. It would be hard to pull him away from head bball coach at mcminn though. He is a homegrown guy but still is from out of the system. He knows the game well, is very energetic, and has tremendous respect from his players.

Jason Howard would be an excellent choice. It would be hard to pull him away from the head bball coaching job at mcminn, I agree but I think he is the man for the job. He is a Meigs Co Legend. He knows football/baseball and would be a hard worker that would be at the school as long as they would have him. This late in the year it would be hard to find anybody else as good as him to take the job.Cause i heard they want to hire somebody not on the staff now. But could he do spring ball and finish baseball at mcminn

This job will not be a quick fix, so whoever they hire will have to be given a few years. So I do not think that getting tenure would be a problem. If that is the issue they might as well drop football cause what are the chances of bringing someone in that is tenured.

I am just saying that Jason would be a good hire but if they are looking for a guy tenured in Meigs county school systems then I guess he is not a good hire.

Well...... Lets see your list "Tiger Pride"? :popcorneater:

Sorry mr whistle I'm not in the list speculation business. Some of the names you listed, Baker, Martin, Hampton, no way they will ever be back. As for the new names, only the man doing the hiring knows for sure. Howard wanted to come to Meigs early in his career but was rejected. I think that decision will bite Meigs for a long time.

As for Baker,Martin and Hampton. That was just speculation, that is why I put in my original post that Martin would probably not because of money, Baker would probably not because he is a administrator. Hampton is probably a long shot. The other names on the list are legit. I Think Baker will get the right man for the job, whoever it may be.