Games this week........

soccerstud

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As some may have already seen, we had to forfeit our win over Scott County. This is our first year with an exchange student on our roster, and, unknown to the coaches, the proper paperwork was not finalized when we played him in the Scott County game. While he only played a few minutes, the rule still applied. We self reported the morning after the Scott County game, and the state handed out their ruling this afternoon.

While it was hard to take, I believe in James 1:2. We have been through a lot this season (those who are close to us know what has happened as far as the severe injuries) but I have faith that God has a plan through all of this.

Not meaning to preach, but I also wanted my boys to see that this is so much more than just winning and losing, and as coaches, we have a responsibility to show our young men and women that even though sometimes it is VERY hard to do the right thing, it still needs to be done, regardless of the ramifications.

Go ahead and preach brother! It is NEVER wrong to do the RIGHT thing! What is more important...winning a game or teaching young men valuable life lessons (I have to remind myself this principle all the time). Winning is fun, but learning self discipline and hard work...these are lessons that last a life time.

Good luck the rest of the season coach!

Lets see some results from the Cleveland Tournament on here there have been a lot of great games. Somebody already posted the Ravenwood game but Cleveland just played Alcoa to a 1-1 tie. We have a lot of younger guys but we're improving every game. What else is going on? I know there are some talented teams like Collierville, Ravenwood, Alcoa, Baylor, Notre Dame, Cookeville, Mcminn Co., Ooltewah and of course Cleveland in the tournament. But who else, and what are some results/observations/surprises?

In the Southern Soccer Challenge (hosted by Grissom and Randolph Acad in Alabama):

Independence defeated Randolph Acad (AL) 1 - 0

Christian Brothers defeated East Limestone (AL) 4 - 0

Father Ryan defeated Grissom (AL) 1 - 0

Putnam City (OK) defeated Brentwood 2 - 1

Saturday Morning Results:

Independence defeated Christian Brothers 1 - 0 (in Golden Goal)

Putnam City defeated Father Ryan 1 - 1 (went to PKs)

Grissom defeated Brentwood 3 - 1

Randolph Acad defeated East Limestone 2 - 1

Saturday Afternoon Schedule:

Championship Game - Independence v Putnam City (OK) - 5:00

Father Ryan v Christian Brothers - 5:00

Grissom v Randolph Acad - 3:00

Brentwood v East Limestone - 3:00

Lets see some results from the Cleveland Tournament on here there have been a lot of great games. Somebody already posted the Ravenwood game but Cleveland just played Alcoa to a 1-1 tie. We have a lot of younger guys but we're improving every game. What else is going on? I know there are some talented teams like Collierville, Ravenwood, Alcoa, Baylor, Notre Dame, Cookeville, Mcminn Co., Ooltewah and of course Cleveland in the tournament. But who else, and what are some results/observations/surprises?

Ravenwood 4

Cookville 0

Good effort by both squads. Ravenwood had the better of things throughout. Good to see Ravenwoods coach sit most of his starters to get the whole team involved. This should help greatly down the road. I don't think I saw their St. Mary's bound signee - Brandon Saunders log a single minute.

Ravenwood 6

Alcoa 0

While I know this is hard for Alcoa to take, it is understandable. Most A/AA teams have a hard time playing in tournaments simply because we don't have the depth to play 4 games in 3 days. Ravenwood is a VERY good team, as is Alcoa, but I would imagine Ravenwood can dip a little bit deeper than Alcoa can.

I give props to Alcoa for playing in the tournament. I think they were the only A/AA team there. Coach Gorman will have them back and rockin in no time. I just hope they came out of these games with few or no injuries.