EARLY Preseason Topic

JodyJoe

In Single A Clarksville Academy should be the favorite returning the twin towers. CSAS returns a lot as well. Humboldt seems to always reload and make the tournament, but can never win it all. I also expect Union City to be up there as well. Always a well coached team when I have seen them play.

In single A i agree

Clarksville Academy

CSAS

Humboldt

who else has a lot returning

With only one senior on this years team, I think Forrest has the talent to make it to the state tourney.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In place of Temple, how do Wayne County and Harriman look next year?

Not sure about WC, but Harriman returns all starters next year...3 of whom do not play football and spend a lot of the off-season working on their game. No one on the floor next year will be unfamiliar with the state tourney hype so they will be a lot more settled down, plus those three seniors will be hungry. They've been thinking about it since 7th grade.

How is AAA looking outside of Memphis and Newbern? Any challengers.

What about some unheralded players? I think Jajuan Johnson of Southwind High will get plenty of playing time and shots next year with Nick Mason, Darrian Gray, and Montez Phifer gone.

In Knoxville, Bearden will return all of their key players. If I'm not mistaken they do return 4 starters plus Dion Fair who started as a sophomore, but broke his foot at the beginning of the season. Knox Catholic, which finished 19-9 their first year in AAA (by the way they are the smallest AAA school in Tennessee with 630) returns 4 starters and 3 double digit scorers in Joey Bodewig (a 6'8 center who's being recruited by VMI), Matt Cox an athletic 6'2 shooting guard, and point guard Lucas Branch. Kyle Anders will be a sophomore and he averaged 13 ppg for the Irish during the post season (he also led the freshman team in scoring at 22 ppg as well as the jv team with 18 ppg). Phillip Stephens a 6'6 post who can shoot the three returns as a starter for the Irish. Phillip was named to the all region team. The Irish Will be adding some talented players to their varsity team in point guard Terrance Hall (averaged 18 ppg on the freshman team and 11 ppg on the jv), Chris Cox a 6'3 wing (Chris averaged 14 ppg and 10 rbg for the Irish jv), Tommy Conaty a 5'11 combo guard (Tommy averaged 14 ppg on the jv) and Lucas Stiles a 6'1 post. Catholic's incoming freshman class will be just as talented and probably deeper than this season's class. Last years freshman class lost one game (their first game of the season) to Cookeville's jv team in a tournament by 2.

How is AAA looking outside of Memphis and Newbern? Any challengers.

What about some unheralded players? I think Jajuan Johnson of Southwind High will get plenty of playing time and shots next year with Nick Mason, Darrian Gray, and Montez Phifer gone.

As usual, Bearden will likely be the top dog again in AAA in the Knoxville area. Catholic and West should be pretty good AAA teams as well in Knoxville.

In upper ET, Science Hill has the potential to be very good. They have one of the best prospects from that area in a while in 6-7 Shannon Hale, who will be a sophomore next year. Hale has the potential to be a bigtime player if he continues to develop. Science Hill also has a very good group of young guards.

I don't know if they can hang with the Memphis juggernauts, but Bearden and Science Hill will probably match up with them better than anyone else can in ET.