New Davidson Academy Coach

53fan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of DA, if there are any DA fans that have access to yearbooks/records from years ago, I could use a little help on DA's football history. I am trying to track down the following:

Score against BGA (loss)

Score against Stewart County (win)

Score against Clarksville Academy

Score against FRA (this game was originally postponed by rain; not sure if it was made up)

Week 5 opponent/score

Week 5 opponent/score (I do know DA lost this game)

Week 8 opponent/score

Week 7 score against Red Boiling Springs

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Looks like the finalists are Rutledge, Alexander (current DA asst. and Wade disciple) and Dorris (current DCA asst. coach). If Rutledge is heading to JPII as rumored, I think Alexander might be the leader in the clubhouse. I would expect an announcement by tomorrow.

With Wade handing over the keys to head for greener pastures, I wish DA luck with their new regime. If they hand the ball to #40 about 35 times a game, they should be in good shape. Still have gotten no answer if Wade will be allowed to wear shorts on gameday at Ensworth....but rumor has it that Big Ricky has already handed him an Ensworth gas card.

Looks like the finalists are Rutledge, Alexander (current DA asst. and Wade disciple) and Dorris (current DCA asst. coach). If Rutledge is heading to JPII as rumored, I think Alexander might be the leader in the clubhouse. I would expect an announcement by tomorrow.

With Wade handing over the keys to head for greener pastures, I wish DA luck with their new regime. If they hand the ball to #40 about 35 times a game, they should be in good shape. Still have gotten no answer if Wade will be allowed to wear shorts on gameday at Ensworth....but rumor has it that Big Ricky has already handed him an Ensworth gas card.

Alexander was named HC this afternoon.

yo prolly since this new coach was on wade staff he'll keep the tradition of soakin the field when teams with speed are comin to play them :popcorneater:

its all good tho cause we still got the ship :popcorneater:

I can assure you that Wade didn't soak the field when they played Webb. That is the worst excuse I've ever heard, and makes you look like a complete douche for even mentioning it. I mean you are on a message board claiming that a high school coach "intentionally soaked his field" to stop "your speed"... that screams - I am a sore loser. Do you think a guy that has won 3 of the last 5 state championships is worried about "soaking his field"? It's not like Webb had 5 D-1 athletes on the field. Let's face it, they beat you straight up without their best player, and you got outcoached. I'm not even a Davidson fan, but they had no business hanging with "your talent" -

Good thing you guys woke up and moved down a division to compete.....

sry but when ur practice field an around the school an field were not soft, soggy or soaked then what u say dont mean anything. the field was soaked. see yall next year with a dry, fast field at our house. bring yo best playa too

Seriously, GTFO with that non-sense.....you lost, get over it. Sorry it ruined your perfect season. I can assure you that CPW does not enjoy weedeating or mowing the field, so I doubt he took the initiative to "soak down" the field. And when your coaching staff is still making that excuse, I would be embarrassed to be a fan, much less mention it.

Look for Davidson, under Coach Alexander, to be just as sucessful as ever. with arguably more talent coming up than Davidson has ever seen (speaking for the talent as a group, not seperating anyone), this could be a very easy spot for Alexander. There isn't much to talk about in the size category, but skilled positions abound for this young team. Looking at possibly the best 2 back tandom in the state of TN next yr with Williams (sr.) and Dixon (jr.), along with Porter (soph.) returning at qb who (for all forseeable purposes) will start every game of his highschool career. good luck to the bears and coach Alexander. Also want to wish coach Wade the best in all his journies and thank him for his time and efforts at Davidson.