MTSCA Classic 2010 Champions

MTSCA

Riverdale has won the MTSCA Classic Gold Division for the 2nd year in a row. The Lady Warriors came back from a 0-3 score in the bottom of the last inning to tie the game and force the tie breaker. Louisville Mercy Academy from Kentucky could not score in the top of the tie breaker and Riverdale bunts runner to second and scores on a deep ball to center to win the Championship. Great Job Jeff and Weave. Final 4-3

In the MTSCA Classic Silver Division Collierville beats Macon County 3-2 to claim their 1st MTSCA crown.

:thumb:

On a side note: A very special Thanks to the Clarksville Parks and Recreation Dept. for working hard on Friday to get fields playable. After all of the rain Clarksville received on Thursday the fields were not perfect but the crew at Clarksville Parks and Rec. did a wonderful job to even get us on the fields. We had 1 field that was set back 1 hour on Friday but all other fields started on time. Also thanks to Buddy Forrest and his crew of umpires to keep things running on time. Great Tournament for the MTSCA Scholarship Account. Thanks to all who came and helped in the great event.

The MTSCA Classic was a great success again this year. The members of the MTSCA have this tournament every year and the Coach's who are members and play in the tournament have the opportunity to have their senior players have a chance for a $500 scholarship from the MTSCA. After this year's seniors receive their scholarships, the MTSCA will have contributed over $40,000.00 in aid to high school softball players in the Middle Tennessee area. If your daughter's coach is not a member, please ask them to become one and play in the tournament next year. Thanks again for a successful year in our tournament.

Phil Burkhart,

President MTSCA

The MTSCA Classic was a great success again this year. The members of the MTSCA have this tournament every year and the Coach's who are members and play in the tournament have the opportunity to have their senior players have a chance for a $500 scholarship from the MTSCA. After this year's seniors receive their scholarships, the MTSCA will have contributed over $40,000.00 in aid to high school softball players in the Middle Tennessee area. If your daughter's coach is not a member, please ask them to become one and play in the tournament next year. Thanks again for a successful year in our tournament.

Phil Burkhart,

President MTSCA

I aint real sure but I have no idea why a softball coach would not want to be a part of this group, givin away $40,000 $$$$$$$ is a lot of money for these youn ladies and bein a poor parent I sure could use that kind of money for my little "Daisy" :thumb:

I want to compliment and thank everyone involved in putting on the tournament this past weekend. It was a great weekend of softball.

I too would like to think everyone involved who made this a very successful tournament and a memorable one for all teams and players who participated!!

I see nothing has changed with Collierville. They play a very weak local schedule and enter the 'B' bracket of this this tournament. Year after year, they always start out the season with what appears to be a great record and then lose early at the end of the season because they cannot compete with the really talented teams. You can't get better as a team if you don't challenge the team.

AMEN Collierville should NOT have been in the Silver division....

HELLO This isnt the first time this has happened...

Quit being so trusting MTCSA officials Check the teams out before placing them

Well I wonder why teams could be feel good about themselves beatin up on them little teams, do you think it has to do with their ego?? Just wonderin... :flower: