District 7 AAA

BHSVB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Current records (7AAA, Overall) and upcoming games...

Riverdale (2-0, 5-2), Blackman (0-0-1, 3-0-1), Oakland (1-1-1, 2-2-2), Lavergne (1-1, 3-3-1), Siegel (0-0, 5-4), Smyrna (0-2, 2-3-1).

Tuesday, April 13

* Smyrna at Blackman, 5p

Oakland at Columbia Central, 7p

Riverdale at Brentwood, 7p

Thursday, April 15

Oakland at Pope John Paul II, 4p

Page at Blackman, 7p

Lavergne at White House, 7p

Friday, April 16

* Siegel at Smyrna, 5p

Lavergne vs Rossview at White House, 5p

Blackman vs Bradley Central at Tullahoma, 5:30p

Saturday, April 17

Lavergne vs Station Camp at White House, 10a

Shelbyville at Riverdale, 7p

Current records (7AAA, Overall) and upcoming games...

Riverdale (2-0, 5-2), Blackman (0-0-1, 3-0-1), Oakland (1-1-1, 2-2-2), Lavergne (1-1, 3-3-1), Siegel (0-0, 5-4), Smyrna (0-2, 2-3-1).

Tuesday, April 13

* Smyrna at Blackman, 5p

Oakland at Columbia Central, 7p

Riverdale at Brentwood, 7p

Thursday, April 15

Oakland at Pope John Paul II, 4p

Page at Blackman, 7p

Lavergne at White House, 7p

Friday, April 16

* Siegel at Smyrna, 5p

Lavergne vs Rossview at White House, 5p

Blackman vs Bradley Central at Tullahoma, 5:30p

Saturday, April 17

Lavergne vs Station Camp at White House, 10a

Shelbyville at Riverdale, 7p

Blackman will play 2 games on saturday

against either webb, clarksville or tullahoma

My little mid-season review thus far:

The teams really are looking pretty even at the moment... I'm really curious to how the rest of the district games will play out. Right now I'm giving Riverdale the early lead, since they beat LaVergne who is one of the tougher teams of the 5 in contention, and I personally feel they can handle Blackman and Oakland. Siegel still has to make their debut in district play after returning from Bearden, and they will only shake things up even more... I've felt from the beginning this is Siegel's year to win and I'm going to stick with my gut on this one, but we will definitely see within the coming weeks. With Oakland losing to LaVergne and tying Blackman, they have a huge uphill climb if they want to place in the top 2 and need some luck from the outcomes of other games. LaVergne's results confuse me a bit in their placement, but I think they will show out within the district. Blackman is also another one that I don't know much about since their schedule isn't extremely tough. Their district games are the toughtest of their season and that may cause problems in the long run. This is definitely one of the more exciting districts to follow.

1. Siegel

2. Riverdale

3. LaVergne

4. Blackman

5. Oakland

6. Smyrna

I agree with Liverpool this is a very tight district this year. I have seen each team play but Siegel. Siegel has played a very strong non district schedule which should have them prepared for district play, but will they have enough offense to be the frontrunner this season. Riverdale and Blackman seem to have the most balanced teams, both have proven goal scorers and strong back lines. Lavergne is a good team but seem to lack consistency. Oakland has a uphill climb but will make each opponent earn a win, I think they will upset one district favorite this season. They have one of the district top defenders and if thet get ahead they can make it tough on teams. My mid season predictions :

1) Riverdale

2) Siegel

3) Blackman

4) Lavergne

5) Oakland

6) Smyrna

Brentwood 1

Riverdale 0

Anyone have the details ?????????????

This game was extremely hard-fought. Brentwood scored about mid-way through the first half by a score in the middle of chaos in the box. It was just one of those goals that happen. Other than that, Riverdale played strong defense and got to the half only down 1-0. In the second half, Riverdale stepped up the pressure and it made a difference on the play of the Brentwood backs and keeper. Riverdale got many chances in the second half all the way up to the final minutes. Some of the chances were just a deflection away of being a goal. This game could easily have been a 1-1 tie or a 2-1 Riverdale win. But that's just based on the last 20 min of the game. Obviously Brentwood had chances too that they did not convert but those chances did not seem as promising as the ones Riverdale had. Great game to watch and both of these teams fought till the end.

Oakland played a horrible game Tues aginst Columbia. That was supposed to be a complete blowout, considering, all the players that were absent and/or hurt, on columbia's side of the ball. Oakland really shouldnt have had 2 of there 3 goals, they were minor flukes by columbia, in wich one of them was an own goal bounced off of a columbia defenders foot when whiffing it on a clear.

Great game for columbia