predictions for 8AAA?????

Guest cchsbasefan

I think Columbia will definitely be the top team in 8AAA, Tullahoma has a chance, they had a young team last year, just have to fill the void left by Carter at SS and Smith on the mound. Griffin should be pretty good for them. Lawrence County shouldn't be too much of a threat, losing almost their entire lineup. Lincoln County should be better this year than last, Franklin County lost a lot, Shelbyville should be decent, but they have to replace their top two pitchers, Coffee County, well I don't know, Vincent has a chance to be pretty good, and there's no way this year can be as bad as last year. The district should still be competitive from top to bottom just as it is every year.

Tullahoma won last year off of pitching. If they can get a good hitting line up this year they should be in the top 3. Pitching will be good with Sr.s Griffin ,Smith, Chaney ,Blackman & Rogers. Jr.s Miller & Hice , Soph. Morris who will probably play ss. All of these guys can give you innings with Griffin a possible d1 prospect. Tullahoma will have to hit more than last year though to be a contender.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is early but this is for fun debate only. Columbia #1 best coach in the district.Tullahoma #2 could be a suprise if coach can get the team ready for the playoffs will have a good regular season record again.Franklin Co. #3 2nd best coach in the district. Lincoln Co.#4 will improve from last year.Shelbyville #5 lost some key players if pitching is there could be better. Lawrence Co. #6 lost alot of players so I am not real sure could be better than this. Coffee Co. #7 will be better but they got along way to go and this is a tough district. I do reserve the right to change my mind after preseason games.

• 2 weeks later...

Lawrence County I think may be the surprise team of this district this year. They are all very young and inexperienced except for Chris Scott. However, the boys coming up had outstanding summers and have improved tremendously. If they can have solid pitching they will be good and will surprise a lot of people. That is a big if seeing that they have no pitchers with hardly any experience pitching in varsity games, but i think that they could upset a lot of teams. Just don't be shocked if they come around and finish in the top 2 or 3 in the district.

Lawrence County is going to surprise alot of people.We are very young but talented.Senior Chris Scott is going to be the leader of the team I would imagaine.He is a 6'3' SS and RHP.All-Districe performer last year.We have much more talent than people think.Outstanding Sopohmores and Juniors coming back this year.So just don't be surprise if we upset afew people.Good luck to everyone this up coming year...