Bearden Soccer Tournament

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't know if I have the full schedule, but I can tell you when we play:

CAK vs. McCallie

Wednesday at Bearden at 6:00

CAK vs. Gallatin

Thursday at Bearden at 6:00

CAK vs. Hendersonville

Saturday at Bearden at 5:00

This MAY (and knock on whatever wood you can find) be the first Bearden tournament in many years that it hasn't had monsoon like downpours! Now, that will be amazing!

Champs, you coming up? Make sure you stop by and say hello!

I don't know how accurate this is, but this is the latest schedule:

APR Bearden Invitational

7 Wednesday McCallie vs CAK 6:00 PM

Bearden vs West 8:00 PM

8 Thursday CAK vs Gallatin 6:00 PM

Maryville vs Hendersonville 8:00 PM

9 Friday Gallatin vs Notre Dame 4:30 PM

West vs McCallie 6:10 PM

Siegel vs Germantown 7:50 PM

Bearden vs Hendersonville 9:30 PM

Catholic vs Cordova at Catholic 7:00 PM

10 Saturday Germantown vs Maryville 9:00 AM

Notre Dame vs Siegel 11:00 AM

McCallie vs Catholic 1:00 PM

Gallatin vs West 3:00 PM

Hendersonville vs CAK 5:00 PM

Bearden vs Cordova 7:00 PM

11 Sunday Catholic vs Germantown 9:00 AM

Cordova vs West 11:00 AM

Bearden vs Siegel 1:00 PM

Maryville vs Notre Dame 3:00 PM

Not sure if this is exactly the same as Big G's, if so, my bad :bored:

BEARDEN INVITATIONAL SCHEDULE

Wed Apr 7

6pm McCallie vs CAK

8pm Bearden vs West

Thu Apr 8

6pm CAK vs Gallatin

8pm Maryville vs Hendersonville

Fri Apr 9

430 Gallatin vs Notre Dame

610 West vs McCallie

750 Siegel vs Germantown

930 Bearden vs Hendersonville

700 Cordova AT Catholic – at Catholic High School

Sat Apr 10

9am Germantown vs Maryville

11am Notre Dame vs Siegel

1pm McCallie vs Catholic

3pm Gallatin vs West

5pm Hendersonville vs CAK

7pm Bearden vs Cordova

Sun Apr 11

9am Catholic vs Germantown

11am Cordova vs West

1pm Bearden vs Siegel

3pm Maryville vs Notre Dame

Bearden 2

West 0

West keeper got hurt. Tanner went in goal. Don't know more than that.

CAK 0

McCallie 1

McCallie was a very good team. I really enjoyed meeting and talking with their coach. What a classy guy. Can't believe we haven't played over the past 8 years. McCallie had some VERY talented inside midfielders, and their line up really threw us out of our groove. A flat back 4 with a stopper? Couldn't get anything going offensively (us). It was 0-0 at half (though McCallie had some good looks) and then McCallie scored a nice header off of a corner.

We play Gallatin tomorrow at 6:00. We lost ANOTHER player tonight to injury. What a year!

CAK 2

Gallatin 1

Come from behind victory for us. Gallatin went up on us in the first half, and it ended the half at 0-1. We scored from the right flank, and then very quickly scored again to go up 2-1. Gallatin had some very nice chances, especially right near the end. First time we have played them. Again, I enjoyed talking to their coach. Nice guy! I love these tournaments that give us an opportunity to meet teams we might not normally meet through the season.

Got an update on Hendersonville

Hendersonville 3

Maryville 1

Still the first half.

I love the Bearden tourney! I got to watch the CAK-Gallatin game and the Maryville-Hville game. I thought Gallatin played very well but got caught on their heels very quickly at the start of the 2nd half. I think CAK scored twice in about 30 seconds. The first score was really a great solo effort and a beautiful shot from outside the 18.

Maryville played better than their result. They appear to be a very strong and fast team and certainly had some good opportunities. Hendersonville did capitalize on their opportunities and played a bend but don't break defense. Maryville scored very quickly in the match and had some great posession probably 60/40 but Hendersonville took advantage of their 40.

2 tough games for Maryville. When we scrimmaged them early, they looked ready and rockin'. I was really surprised with the Farragut score, and even more-so last night against Hendersonville. Granted, sometimes you just have "those games" where the other team just seems to finish their opportunities, and you couldn't "buy" a goal (heaven knows I have had those many times).

I feel strongly that those scores don't reflect the quality of Maryville. I feel that they have the ability to be a top team, just have to put the pieces together as a unified squad and finish opportunities that are presented to them.

Keep your heads up Maryville. Lots of soccer left to be played.

It is no doubt that losing by the score Maryville lost to Farragut took some wind out of their sails and the confidence wasn't there against hendersonville. Hendersonville every year is tough and the Coach Plummer does a great job of getting the most out of getting the most out of his team, But the loss also proves that Farragut was not just deep in their victory over Maryville they were the superior team.

We haven't truly seen the best CAK team yet as injuries have depleted their strength which will return as the players return.

Bearden's victory over West proves that again Coach turner can bring a winning and Strong team to the table year after year!