Blue Ridge Conference (AA)

GC Grizzlies

We are well into the season and it's shaping up to be a good one. There has been some good baseball played so far and I think the stretch run and tournament will be very exciting. What is everyone's take on what has happened so far and what do you think we can expect to see from here on out? I am obviously a Grainger fan and I think they have been pretty competitive in all their games. They lost a 3-2 eight inning game against Greenville after leading 2-0 for about six innings. They defeated South Greene on a good contest 6-3. The other games with these two were rained out and rescheduled for later. Grainger defeated CG 11-0 today and will play the second game tomorrow. Greenville really hits the ball well and the lefty is a crafty pitcher. South Greene will also be tough to beat on any given day they always hit the ball well and play hard. I don't know anything about WG or CD, but I think they split. Grainger is 4-1...with wins over SG, CG, and two against Claiborne. Their loss came at the hands of Greenville. How does everyone else stand in the conference? Does anyone know where the tournament will be played this year?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw where Grainger defeated CG 8-4. That makes them 5-1 in conference play. Someone told me the conference tournament was at Tusculum. Does anyone know if that is correct or not? If anyone knows the standings right now could you please post it. Or at least post your teams record.

Grainger 5-1

WON

Claiborne (2)

South Greene

Cumberland Gap (2)

LOST

Greenville

My understanding is that the tournament will be played at Tusculum College, which is a beautiful facility. For anyone that doesn't know , its where the Greeneville Astros minor league team also plays. As far the conference goes, I think that its wide open. I have not seen that "one" team that is head and shoulders better than anyone else. I think come tournament time it will come down to the team that makes the least errors will probably win it.

I saw where Grainger defeated CG 8-4. That makes them 5-1 in conference play. Someone told me the conference tournament was at Tusculum. Does anyone know if that is correct or not? If anyone knows the standings right now could you please post it. Or at least post your teams record.

Grainger 5-1

WON

Claiborne (2)

South Greene

Cumberland Gap (2)

LOST

Greenville

Grainger (7-1) defeated WG Monday 11-0, Tuesday 7-3. Big makeup game Friday @ South Greene. Where does everyone else stand in Conference play?

South Greene is now 13 - 2 overall after the win over Happy Valley today & 5 - 2 in conference play with a loss to Greeneville & Grainger. Friday is a big make up game, a Rebel win would put them tied with Grainger for 2nd in the conference. A loss however would be a big setback for the Rebs.

today is a huge game for both sg and grainger co . both need the win badly. whoever plays mistake free ball comes out on top . wish we could have played ghs now instead of first , i dont think we would be playin for 2nd rite now . no disrespect toward ghs at all . they are a good baseball team and kicked our butt at tusculum . sg is hot rite now but have cooled just a lil in last week . hope they can turn up the heat again . saw where grainger is ranked 17th and south greene is 21st in the state . this should be a dandy of a baseball game . good luck sg . im sure ghs is pullin for you also .

well ill just follow up on my own post and say we blew it . mistake free ball is wat we had to play to win this game and we did not. i think everyone except the left feilder and 2nd baseman made an error or missed a tag , made a bad throw or some type of mental mistake . congrats to grainger co , they came ready to play and i cant recall but a couple feilding miscues on some hard hit grounders. #1 is a good pitcher , i hate it rained us out a while back. we had to face the ace twice . really like the grizzlies and the way they approach and play the game , they play hard and make things happen . you have a talented and well coached ball team. pick yourselves up rebs and back to business saturday morning

South Greene is a very solid baseball team. They will have a say in who wins the districit tournament. It would not suprise me at all if they win it. They have some very solid pitchers and a deadly top of the order. Grainger and South Greene played to good baseball games. They could of went either way.

Grainger, South Greene, Greenville may be the top teams, but WG and CG can be dangerous. Grainger hasnt played CD yet, so I dont know much about them. Grainger has one loss in conference play (to Greenville in 8 innings) and has two games with CD and one with Greenville left. The Grainger-Greenville makeup game will be extremely important to the standings. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I think this is how the top three look in the loss department.

Greenville 1 loss

Grainger 1 loss

SG 3 losses

that is correct gc grizzlie on the top 3 team losses . you all have a solid baseball team . i believe you all will win out brac season . especially if the jake kid is on the mound or the #7. when is the make up game with greeneville ? like to watch it if it is in greeneville , sorry to say but if its at grainger i probably wont make the trip . CD has alot of talent and if they can get it together could be dangerous . sg thumped em twice BUT we know they are better than the two games they played against us . t.feezel is as tuff as they come on the mound when he is on . they have lost a few games this year but from wat i have seen and heard its been because of errors .