Chattanooga Teams

BucBaseball

the bucs would've been a solid AA team, and are a good A team in my opinion. The bucs have a solid pitching staff with 4 rightys and a lefty that throw around 80. and they hit the ball very well. the line up is solid from 1 to 9 and have about 7 players that have homered and 4 have multiple HRs this season. as long as they keep their heads on straight they will be a tough A team to beat.

Exactly, they would have been a solid AA team...it would almost be embarrassing not to make it to the state in A!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree for the most part but their achilles tendon is in the field. Shortstop has been a shaky spot this season. I dont know if you could count the errors on two hands, honeslty.. Maybe not even three. The pitching rotation has been the strong point of the team this year, along with the run production coming from Senior corner outfielders, Trey McCalla and Andrew Crowe. Both of these boys have accounted for a large amount of the offense. Both homering several times. As long as the Bucs keep their heads on straight and figure out what to do in the middle infield, I believe they can get to sub state and win, later making the first appearance to the State tournament in school history. Good Luck to all!

The can field a solid middle infield. Not really sure why they dont.

Help!

We need a few teams to fill our two Summer Showcase tournaments

2nd Annual East TN Bash -18U - May 28-30 at Hiwassee College and Sequoyah High School

2nd Annual East TN Wood Bat Classic -18U - June 25-27 at Hiwassee College and Sequoyah High School

If you know of any team interested please contact CH Thomas @ chthomas1@bellsouth.net

It all changes after the district tournaments and if you don't win your district, you travel and even if you win your district and your region, then it gets tougher still.

No team from Chattanooga will make the State Tournament. As a whole, Chattanooga baseball is very down this year.

glock22, your wrong about no team from chattanooga making it to the state. in single A, region 3 is way down,they only have Friendship,which is one, if not the best team in the state.I think Marion or Boyd or LV can beat them in a one game playoff.LV has done it before at Friendship.The other team should be weak. SO, two teams can make it, One for sure.

I hope you are right, but the state of baseball in Chattanooga is not very good. Hope we do have a team make it.

[ote=glock22]

Class AA teams from Districts 5, 6, 7, all area districts, and 8 will fight for two state berths. It won't be easy but I can certainly see one if not two area teams making it.

You'd have to have District 8 teams sweep District 7 in the region then those teams beat District 5/6 in the sectional, home and away, to keep an area team out in AA.

I stand by my prediction.

And EHgreen, you need to get outside of Chattanooga. Our AA teams pale in comparion to AA teams in other parts of the state.

Baseball in Chattanooga is down this year.

Baseball in Chattanooga down this year? Compaired to what? Last year? Who made it to the state last year?