Collinwood coach is out

shustrang

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are stating the facts you need to get the facts correct. He led Collinwood to the state tournament during the 2006-07 season while coaching both the girls and boys teams. The girls went 29-5 and the boys were 21-10. (See if you can do the math. Count slow. Never mind, I"ll do it for you. Thats 50-15. Man thats horrible!!!) This was his third year as boys coach after taking over a team that had 1 win the year before he got there. This was only his second year as girls coach and was Andrews and Daniels Jr. year. In five years as the Trojanettes coach his teams had a 108-38 record. The program was really in the grave during that time!! Some may not like him, but to his credit, he is a proven winner. Before speaking about anything in life it is always important that you know the facts and know something about the subject matter you are about to discuss.

Thanks for clearing that up. Since I was at a majority of those games (yes, even the state tournament games), I guess I'm just stupid. I never questioned his record. Like I said, my grandma could have coached those teams......because he sure didn't!!!! The point I'm trying to make is that he highly underacheived!!!! Good seasons, sure.....but nothing what it could have been. Andrews and Daniel's senior season is what I question most. No excuse for him not taking that team deep into the tournament. Facts to you may be wins and losses, to me it's getting the most out of what you've got and he definitely did not!!! Maybe you should get the facts straight or maybe just get a pair of eyes. I never saw him win a game that he shouldn't have, however I saw him lose plenty that he had no business losing. Like I said.....not a good coach, in my opinion of course.

Thanks for clearing that up. Since I was at a majority of those games (yes, even the state tournament games), I guess I'm just stupid. I never questioned his record. Like I said, my grandma could have coached those teams......because he sure didn't!!!! The point I'm trying to make is that he highly underacheived!!!! Good seasons, sure.....but nothing what it could have been. Andrews and Daniel's senior season is what I question most. No excuse for him not taking that team deep into the tournament. Facts to you may be wins and losses, to me it's getting the most out of what you've got and he definitely did not!!! Maybe you should get the facts straight or maybe just get a pair of eyes. I never saw him win a game that he shouldn't have, however I saw him lose plenty that he had no business losing. Like I said.....not a good coach, in my opinion of course.

I think we should be thankful those teams were as good as they were, and that they at least got to state once, because from the looks of things, it may be a very long time before our girls make any more appearances in murfreesboro.

Edited by AB23

• 5 months later...

I find it very interesting and hunorous to look back at some of these posts now that the season is over. As for you "Morris fans" (coachcarterfan). Lets look back on Morris' year. he took over a team that went to the sub-state last year and returned everybody, and he somehow managed to keep them from making it to the region!!!! WOW!! what a coach!!!! and the team that he supposedly done so much for (Collinwood). They finished 3rd in the season and clinched a spot in the region tourney last night. this a team that Morris failed to get to the region last year. Crews done a GREAT job with those girls and had no problems with the player that everyone said was such an issue. Morris was the issue. The girl didnt demand startdom and she was treated like everyone else and all went just fine.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME S-TOWN GIRLS DIDNT GO TO THE REGION?!?! Im very interested in a number here

Since you are stating the facts you need to get the facts correct. He led Collinwood to the state tournament during the 2006-07 season while coaching both the girls and boys teams. The girls went 29-5 and the boys were 21-10. (See if you can do the math. Count slow. Never mind, I"ll do it for you. Thats 50-15. Man thats horrible!!!) This was his third year as boys coach after taking over a team that had 1 win the year before he got there. This was only his second year as girls coach and was Andrews and Daniels Jr. year. In five years as the Trojanettes coach his teams had a 108-38 record. The program was really in the grave during that time!! Some may not like him, but to his credit, he is a proven winner. Before speaking about anything in life it is always important that you know the facts and know something about the subject matter you are about to discuss.

These are very interesting numbers. I bet most coaches couldnt tell you their records and stats like that. But that is what coaching means to you.. what YOUR numbers are, what YOUR records are.. you had some great teams and players, that took YOU to the state tournament and gave YOU those numbers.. what YOU did was kept THEM from having better careers... GOOD LUCK IN YOU JOB SEARCH NEXT YEAR!

I find it very interesting and hunorous to look back at some of these posts now that the season is over. As for you "Morris fans" (coachcarterfan). Lets look back on Morris' year. he took over a team that went to the sub-state last year and returned everybody, and he somehow managed to keep them from making it to the region!!!! WOW!! what a coach!!!! and the team that he supposedly done so much for (Collinwood). They finished 3rd in the season and clinched a spot in the region tourney last night. this a team that Morris failed to get to the region last year. Crews done a GREAT job with those girls and had no problems with the player that everyone said was such an issue. Morris was the issue. The girl didnt demand startdom and she was treated like everyone else and all went just fine.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME S-TOWN GIRLS DIDNT GO TO THE REGION?!?! Im very interested in a number here

I am going to take a stab here. I have been in the Summertown area since 1990. i dont ever recall them not making it to the region. That said, back before Loretto joined 12A, there were only 5 teams and it was hard not to go to the region as all you had to do was beat Clifton in the play in game. I do know that I was not impressed by anythin g he did at Summertown this season. People can say what they want, but as far as I care, he has no idea how to handle GIRL DRAMA and IMO chased off one of the better players the Lasy Eagles had coming back. Just my opinion, of course. Then again, when that same girl goes on to play quality minutes immediately for a 20+ win AAA team that goes unbeaten in 8AAA district, that pretty much tells you how good she was and what kind of impact she may have had. with her tehy go to sub-state (don't they call it sectional here, lol) and without they dont even go to the region. Hmmmmmmm....bad coaching and utter fail on his part.

I am going to take a stab here. I have been in the Summertown area since 1990. i dont ever recall them not making it to the region. That said, back before Loretto joined 12A, there were only 5 teams and it was hard not to go to the region as all you had to do was beat Clifton in the play in game. I do know that I was not impressed by anythin g he did at Summertown this season. People can say what they want, but as far as I care, he has no idea how to handle GIRL DRAMA and IMO chased off one of the better players the Lasy Eagles had coming back. Just my opinion, of course. Then again, when that same girl goes on to play quality minutes immediately for a 20+ win AAA team that goes unbeaten in 8AAA district, that pretty much tells you how good she was and what kind of impact she may have had. with her tehy go to sub-state (don't they call it sectional here, lol) and without they dont even go to the region. Hmmmmmmm....bad coaching and utter fail on his part.

Before 2005-2006 there were actually 10 teams in the district... and a few years before that (i think about 2001) there were was 8 or 9 teams. There was Santa Fe, Mt. Pleasant, Hampshier,Zion, and CA also.. So some teams had to win two games to get in instead if 1.. or the top 2 teams goin straight to region.. But i would really like to see a number on that..

It is no question that this guy is a program killer.. and hes getting better at it.. it took him 2 or 3 years to kill Collinwoods and only one to kill Summertowns..the good news is Collinwood is back in the region and finished 3rd his season.. Summertown has a strong fan base and a great group of girls.. they can over come this and rebuild in a short time aswell. Good luck to the Eagles this summer

Before 2005-2006 there were actually 10 teams in the district... and a few years before that (i think about 2001) there were was 8 or 9 teams. There was Santa Fe, Mt. Pleasant, Hampshier,Zion, and CA also.. So some teams had to win two games to get in instead if 1.. or the top 2 teams goin straight to region.. But i would really like to see a number on that..

It is no question that this guy is a program killer.. and hes getting better at it.. it took him 2 or 3 years to kill Collinwoods and only one to kill Summertowns..the good news is Collinwood is back in the region and finished 3rd his season.. Summertown has a strong fan base and a great group of girls.. they can over come this and rebuild in a short time aswell. Good luck to the Eagles this summer

Well, technically, our girls finished tied for 3rd with perry, but it was a major improvement from where just about everyone thought we would be, including myself. I believe morris knew he was out early in the season because he just didn't coach hard in many of the games down the stretch. His game against us over here was the strangest I have ever seen him. He sat the entire game and never moved from the bench. I don't even think he called a timeout or raised his voice once, and those that have had him know thats not him. One would think that returning to the school where you were fired from there would be some motivation to beat them, but he just didn't seem to care if they won or not. Maybe he wanted them to lose that game because he felt he had a better shot against perry in the 4th and 5th game than us, but with it being on perry's homefloor, you would think not.

The other night in stown's tournament game against perry, he was as into it has I have seen him this year. He coached to win that game, but in the end, perry's two workhorses took over and their just wasn't much he could do. I have said all along that i don't think he is a terrible coach when it comes to the actual developing of the players and the strategy. What is does lack is the ability to deal with players adn their attitudes, team drama, ect. He struggled with it here at collinwood and he struggled with it at summertown. in all honesty, even if the smith girl hadn't have left, they very likely would have been in the same exact spot they are in, because i would imagine the turmoil would have continued. I am sure he is more than happy to get out of there, just like the summertown folks are more than happy to see him go.

Actually LIVE, you are wrong about who the district was in years past. 12A has always been Stown, PC, WC, Clifton, and Cwood until they added Loretto. Those other teams have always been 11A teams--since 1990 that I know of. Together the 2 districts made up region 6A. In the 90's, the first round of district was the 4th vs 5th play-in game to whittle it down to the 4 that advancedt region tournamen

Actually LIVE, you are wrong about who the district was in years past. 12A has always been Stown, PC, WC, Clifton, and Cwood until they added Loretto. Those other teams have always been 11A teams--since 1990 that I know of. Together the 2 districts made up region 6A. In the 90's, the first round of district was the 4th vs 5th play-in game to whittle it down to the 4 that advancedt region tournamen

Actually....you are wrong. From the mid 90s up until the 2007-2008, the district had anywhere from 8 to 10 teams in it. If you will go back on the schedules, to the 07/08, 06/07, 05/06 seasons, ect., you will see that mt. pleasant, hampshire, zion christian, and even santa fe (early late 90s and early 2000s), have all been apart of district 12A at some point.